Tecnics recap.

Mac69

Hi guys, hello my name is Ian and have just got myself a tecnics pre amp. I have wanted one for 15 years and now I've got one it needs recapping. I'm really good with a soldering iron and want too do it my self. But don't know which to get or best out there. So plz can any one help me.

Hi Ian

Welcome
Start by making a list by looking at the capacitors installed in the preamp. Keep an eye out for bipolar capacitors, if any. For 1uf and smaller values, you can use film caps. You can increase the voltage of capacitors but not its value. Eg. If there are 3 caps with value 10uf and voltages 6.3 volt, 10 volt and 25 volt, you can buy 3 caps of 10uf 25 volt instead of 3 different voltages. Dont go too high in voltages as they will get physically bigger and may not fit in the space.

Preferred capacitors are elna rfs, nichicon fg or kz, panasonic fc or fm. You can buy from mouser or digikey.

While installing ensure the positive and negative terminals are correctly oriented.

Regards

Hi guys, hello my name is Ian and have just got myself a tecnics pre amp. I have wanted one for 15 years and now I've got one it needs recapping. I'm really good with a soldering iron and want too do it my self. But don't know which to get or best out there. So plz can any one help me.

Hello Ian,

Welcome to the forum! Thanks for joining.

You may get a better response to your request in the DIY forum.
That's where you are likely to find forum members who are knowledgeable on this.

Regards

Back