Thank you all!.Wish to share my happiness.

sameer kumar

Hello,

Good to be here?.

I have been auditioning different combinations for the last two months seeking invaluable info, advice, guidance from some forum members who are really special like Soundsgreat, Odyssey, Dr.Bass and I thank them.

In fact, I got my Dynaudio Audience 72 Floor standers from Dr.Bass.Great guy,
excellent transaction.

I have spent 40+ hours on auditions and tested the patience levels of dealers in Hyderabad like Shantanu Reddy of Sound n Vision, Chandrasheker of USK Sound, Srinivas of Vector. They were very cooperative without hard selling tactics.

Finally I got the gear of my ears' choice.

Cyrus 6s CDP
Cyrus 8Vs2 AMP
Dynaudio Audience 72 Floor standers
Chord Chemleon interconnects
Chord speaker cables

I just want to share my happiness with you and I am enjoying classic-rock like never before.

Cheers!
Sameer Kumar

Hi Sameer
Congrats on your new setup. I can understand how excited you would be with your new setup specially when its everything at one go :)
Happy listening and if possible post some pics

Hello,

Good to be here?.

I have been auditioning different combinations for the last two months seeking invaluable info, advice, guidance from some forum members who are really special like Soundsgreat, Odyssey, Dr.Bass and I thank them.

In fact, I got my Dynaudio Audience 72 Floor standers from Dr.Bass.Great guy,
excellent transaction.

I have spent 40+ hours on auditions and tested the patience levels of dealers in Hyderabad like Shantanu Reddy of Sound n Vision, Chandrasheker of USK Sound, Srinivas of Vector. They were very cooperative without hard selling tactics.

Finally I got the gear of my ears' choice.

Cyrus 6s CDP
Cyrus 8Vs2 AMP
Dynaudio Audience 72 Floor standers
Chord Chemleon interconnects
Chord speaker cables

I just want to share my happiness with you and I am enjoying classic-rock like never before.

Cheers!
Sameer Kumar

Hi Sameer,
Looks like a great set up. If I am not being too nosey,how much did it cost you ? I know 2 of the 3 dealers you mentioned, and your experience will be very useful to the Hyderabadi members of the Forum. By the way, I also love Classic Rock.Happy Listening

Hi Sameer,
Looks like a great set up. If I am not being too nosey,how much did it cost you ? I know 2 of the 3 dealers you mentioned, and your experience will be very useful to the Hyderabadi members of the Forum. By the way, I also love Classic Rock.Happy Listening

Hi Sanjay!

Thank You.I have spent 180k for the complete set up and its a great justice to my music collection.

Cheers
Sameer

Hey Congrats in the 1st place. But your system seems highly mismatched. One can never match a Cyrus 8vs2 to a Dynaudio. I dont mean to offend on your set-up or to spoil your mood by this post, but my audio experience talks on my behalf so forgive me on that. Your Cyrus can never match the Dyna's. Your speakers need ample power to give their optimium, which the Cyrus highly suffers to do so. But the bottom-line is satisfaction. If you are satisfied, then you have achieved your target. Cheers..........!!!

Hi Guys,
Well Sameer mentions that this was the "gear of his ears choice" so i guess its working well for him! And thats what important.
I have not heard a similar combo and i agree that a dyna requires a powerful amp but the cyrus amp @ 70wpc at 8ohms should be about 120 w at 4 ohms and that should in theory be sufficient. Am not a cyrus amp fan but the amp is a clean sounding amp and the ''lean" sound that is a drawback could be compensated by the solid bass from the speaker. Maybe the end result is a clean/neutral presentation.
Over to Sameer Kumar.
Rgds

Hi,

Sameer thanks for taking my name !! but I don't know how much of a help I was :p !!

I will not indulge in the same things that others have said ! so will only say Hearty congrats and have a blast with the set-up !!

Hope it sounds perfect to your ears even more once its fully burnt-in :)!!!

Regards.

Well critic, you have certainly lived up to your name! :rolleyes:

Have heard this particular amp-speaker pairing a couple of times at a friend's, and I must say it sounded quite nice. Cyrus definitely are conservative when it comes to stated ratings.

The bottom line is that it works for you, so hearty congratulations and enjoy the music!

Persiflage

Hey Congrats in the 1st place. But your system seems highly mismatched. One can never match a Cyrus 8vs2 to a Dynaudio. I dont mean to offend on your set-up or to spoil your mood by this post, but my audio experience talks on my behalf so forgive me on that. Your Cyrus can never match the Dyna's. Your speakers need ample power to give their optimium, which the Cyrus highly suffers to do so. But the bottom-line is satisfaction. If you are satisfied, then you have achieved your target. Cheers..........!!!

Do I get better sound on 8 ohm speakers?.Please suggest a few biwirable speakers.

Cheers
Sameer

Do I get better sound on 8 ohm speakers?.Please suggest a few biwirable speakers.

Cheers
Sameer

You may get better sound from different speakers but not because they are 8 Ohms or biwirable.
Sameer why are u asking? Are u not happy with the sound?Have u played the combo for at least about 20 odd hours? Have not heard this Dyna but they are genarally neutral speakers and reproduce bass well.
A 4 ohm load is a tougher load on your amp and it draws more current but thats not to say it sounds any worse than an 8 Ohm speaker. Dynaudio is a non believer in biwiring and hence the speaker is built such. Biwiring itself is a hotly debated issue and its more dictated by the marketing divisions of the companies. My B&W 805s are biwirable and i sometimes do biwire with 2 pairs of 4TC and sometimes i just use 1 pair of 8TC and single wire. Cant tell much difference really.Dont fall for anything unless u have "heard " the difference and u definately dont sell ur speaker cause its 4 Ohms and has only one set of binding posts!!!!!!!!!
Main thing is whether the amp is driving it well.

Last edited:

Cheers
Sameer

Hi sameer,
i have posted a reply on your other post as well. In reply to your question regards an 8 ohm speaker sounding better than a 4 ohm, Mr. Dinyar is right to a CERTAIN extent. Although i use B&W as well ( 801 Nautilus), the speaker is a monster & has to be fed with just the right amount of food to make it behave like one. I use Mark Levinson 33H monoblock amps, with Conrad Johnson 17Ls Pre, YBA cd transport & Wadia upsampling DAC. Cables are VanDenHul Revelation for the Bass & VanDenHul Revolution for the Highs. Interconnects are Cardas Golden Cross, Shunyata Research Power Hydra 8 Power conditioner. In short, its just a LITTLE cheaper than buying a Flat:) So here the thing here is that when you tend to lean towards buying a Dynaudio ( which is pretty good), then its unwise to be unjust by not properly feeding the speaker. Its not about 4 or 8 ohm loads. Its about the High current that the amp delivers to drive the speaker with absolute ease, making it sound more MUSICAL rather than making the whole thing more ANALYTICAL. If i had to just buy my 801's & feed then with an 8 ohm or 4 ohm amp, the target is not acheived just with that specification. Biwiring DOES make a tremendous difference, but one has to have the " EAR" to differentiate. I dont mean to offend on anybody's replies given to your post, but i have eaten more Music than rice in my life... I hope this helps

Hi Guys,
Mr Critic I have the B&W 804 s and 805s and both are (over) fed by the Bryston 4BSST so i believe in giving more power than required and i had the Dyna Contour 1.3 SE earlier with a Nad power amp. While i too would blindly say a dyna requires loads of power its mainly for the lower sensitivity. The Audience being lower in the chain are not that difficult to drive and generally the Dyna manual will mention the amp power requirement for a small/medium/large room and will also mention the max continuous power handling. The Cyrus would on paper easily drive this Dyna in a small to medium sized room. Would a bigger amp drive it better? Yes . But Sameer has extensively auditioned a few amps before he took the plunge .
Your 801 is definately a tough speaker to drive and will require lots of "clean" power to deliver optimum performance. Secondly B&W urges u to biwire as a minimum for the entire 800 series and is a firm believer in the concept while Dynaudio is not.
This is an open forum and am not in the least bit offended by anything u have said but after tons of experimenting with tons of speakers/amps i now am not a believer in the concept of BIWIRING. At least my "ears" couldn't tell the "trememdous difference" it made. As i mentioned earlier i still do it sometimes as i have the cables for it.
Regards

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back