Thanks every1-Purchased Panny-42X50

mylgcookie

First of all my hearty thanks to all the forum folks who contributed to this forum which helped me to pose knowledge about buying LCD/LED/Plasma.

Initially i frozen my budget to Rs.35,000 to buy a decent 32inch LED. Its was this forum & its members particularly just4kix's Avatar
just4kix, Lakshminarasimhan, abicool4, manish1283, lake1988, Lijo, who pushed me to buy a good 42inch plasma TV at the end.
Yeah i purchased Panasonic Plasma 42inch 42X50D (Basic,2D) for Rs.42,000 in Indiatimes Shopping (ITS). Though some ppl have negative feedback abt them, my experience with ITS has been fantastic.

My hearty Special Thanks to just4kix who convinced & enlightened me to go for Plasma technology.

Brief Review:

Pros:
1. 100% Value for Money.
2. Superb picture quality
3. Good PQ with SD channels as well as HD channel.
4. Cheaper for a given size (42inch).
5. Trouble free USB playback of almost all media formats except few. (With Pendrives).
6. Decent Sound Quality

Cons:
1. Glare (Controllable by screen)
2. Limited HDMI & USB ports. Experiencing USB playback problem because of single USB port. Since my HDD requires Two USB ports (2nd one for supplying additional power for HDD), i am unable to play movies from my HDD because of single USB port.
3. Problem with Bright lit rooms.
I dont feel anything else other than this.

Thanks once again

Welcome to Plasma fan group.. Nodoubt plasma is the way to go for Videophiles.

For overcoming limited HDMI or USB connectivity, buy splitters and use it and it will solve the problem.

Many congratulation..... How was ur experience with indiatimes... How long did they take for delivery? Does it include installation as well? And who provides the warranty?

First of all my hearty thanks to all the forum folks who contributed to this forum which helped me to pose knowledge about buying LCD/LED/Plasma.

Initially i frozen my budget to Rs.35,000 to buy a decent 32inch LED. Its was this forum & its members particularly just4kix's Avatar
just4kix, Lakshminarasimhan, abicool4, manish1283, lake1988, Lijo, who pushed me to buy a good 42inch plasma TV at the end.
Yeah i purchased Panasonic Plasma 42inch 42X50D (Basic,2D) for Rs.42,000 in Indiatimes Shopping (ITS). Though some ppl have negative feedback abt them, my experience with ITS has been fantastic.

My hearty Special Thanks to just4kix who convinced & enlightened me to go for Plasma technology.

Brief Review:

Pros:
1. 100% Value for Money.
2. Superb picture quality
3. Good PQ with SD channels as well as HD channel.
4. Cheaper for a given size (42inch).
5. Trouble free USB playback of almost all media formats except few. (With Pendrives).
6. Decent Sound Quality

Cons:
1. Glare (Controllable by screen)
2. Limited HDMI & USB ports. Experiencing USB playback problem because of single USB port. Since my HDD requires Two USB ports (2nd one for supplying additional power for HDD), i am unable to play movies from my HDD because of single USB port.
3. Problem with Bright lit rooms.
I dont feel anything else other than this.

Thanks once again
Heartiest congratulations. Is your TV installed and did you get the wall mount also? Do post some pictures.

Congratulation! I am using Pana Plasma last 3 years. You wont regret your decision.

Congratulations!! Just trust your eyes and do not look for professional reviews on how good ur tv is.

FYI - the X series got a "do not touch it with a barge pole" rating from CNET.

I got its cousin the XT50 and.........screw CNET:yahoo::yahoo: my TV is just fine

Lets just hope it wont give us problems for atleast three years:clapping::clapping:

I am guessing the X5 and X50 are the same

Performance - Panasonic X5 series plasma TV disappoints (pictures) - CNET Reviews

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back