That 100$ question again.. Torn between choices for Headphones.. Please help

konfused,congrats... my room also is filled with electronic garbage ..
i shifted my focus of spending to perfumes , holiday etc ..
IEM chapter is closed with soundmagic IEM
now making headphone setup ...no grado,Akg,ibasso.. plan is to feed HD681 from CMOY....expected source cowonD2

thanks Kaushik :) You know what, my focus was on holidays/trips/travels before and now it's about music and movies.

And talk about breaking resolutions, I probably is the fasted to break one. Today I went to SP road and saw Soundmagic PL30. I couldn't resist and bought one ;)

put a brake ...konfused one more IEM?#$#%#!!!!
what i suggest is stop buying many entry level IEMs ..
save and upgrade at a point to shure SE530 types .. it has triple balanced armature drivers.. a different driver technology .
save your 1k-2k spendings for some diy upgrades

He he yeah, I know I should but I'm such an impulsive buyer. Actually this is the 1st IEM that I bought after 1/1.5 year ;-). Last I bought was SkullCandy Titan, some 1/1.5 years back after my ER6i stopped working. About the triple armatures, it's bit difficult to spend too much at a time but yeah, I might try something like you said later sometime. Heard so much about the Triple-Fi (that's also triple armature I guess) but those things will take some time.

^ He, he! I understand ;)

Today, you can buy several good IEMs around $50-150 range. TF10 was and still is a very good IEM. ER4P is still special. But, there are plenty more choices to choose from for a budget conscious user. Above $100, you're already staring at law of diminishing returns.

Above $100, you're already staring at law of diminishing returns.
Yeah, even I feel that if I spend say around 300$ for an IEM and if I don't feel much of a difference then I would really be worried. Good thing about me is that I don't have that much ability to differentiate between two very good and very very very good speakers/headphones. For me both will sound just as good. But yes, being a gadget freak I might try them in some later time when I can spend that much or their prices come down.

BTW, Kaushik, when you told me to put a break I almost felt that I myself said that to myself, my name also is Kaushik ;)

Yeah, even I feel that if I spend say around 300$ for an IEM and if I don't feel much of a difference then I would really be worried. Good thing about me is that I don't have that much ability to differentiate between two very good and very very very good speakers/headphones. For me both will sound just as good. But yes, being a gadget freak I might try them in some later time when I can spend that much or their prices come down.

BTW, Kaushik, when you told me to put a break I almost felt that I myself said that to myself, my name also is Kaushik ;)

Its like Karthik calling Karthik movie :D

Konf... kaushik will call kaushik some day ..

ok i did Rnd and brought this one to the Hfv ..can anyone point me a good ofc cable for modding HD681 ...some thing that does not look like the rope used to tie a goat (means not too thick, max like microphone cable will be good) .... also guys whr to grab cowon D2 for less..6k it is available online .

Well ,
i heard someone calling "I do not want imitation headphone " .Well Superlux is not imitating anyone .Its Giving you a product at lower pricing then competition and its telling you that XYZ product of Suplerlux is competing with XYZ brand thats all about it .Might be Sennheiser etc also are produced at same price and sold @ 100 Times Higher Price .How Do you think they pay so high salary to thier people in office lol

Guys, guys, guys.. Got my stuff today. Listened to the Koss PortaPro with the Sansa Clip+. Sounds pretty good. Got the Audio Technica M50 now only as my friend forgot to get that with to office. Got it from his place while coming back. Gotta listen to it now ;-) Yooo hooooooooo..

congrats konfused,u have urself a very nice musical portable rig now :).give some playtime before listening critically with the koss/m50.approx 40hrs+,esp for the m50,should be good.do post impressions!!!!cheers

Thanks Rallynut, will do that. I'm not exactly a believer of the burn in process but never exactly tried it. But this time will try to see if I can hear any difference after 40-50hrs. Although listening is very subjective and I for sure will not remember how was it sounding initially ;-). But being a mechanical device there might be some changes.
There is something I noticed about the Clip+ and PL30 combo. Not sure though but will post if my fears turns out to be true. Eagerly waiting for the M2 also.
And missing the amp now as I wanted to listen to the M50. Amarbir Sir, please please try to send the amp soon if possible :)

Thanks Spiro. Surely I try to put my impressions on the whole rig. But I'm not good at distinguishing between finer points(plus or minus) of different devices. Will try whatever I can from a layman point of view.

kaushik, Congrats! So you finally have it. So that ends the 100$ question eh! Waiting to hear your take on your new head fi acqusitions.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back