The Audio Source Shootout

psychotropic

Okay, this is the official thread for the shootout, the details are below, and all of this is subject to Venkatji agreeing for the use of his place and kit for the bloodshed:

Place: Chennai

Participants so far: CA DVD99 (sushanthace), Oppo 980/983 (venkatcr), HDD based transport ? (venkatcr).

Two Important Points:

• More source component volunteers needed to make this more comprehensive
  • Someone with a good amp-speaker setup needed to volunteer their place, in case Venkatji is unable to accommodate us

Let's make this happen, so that we have some solid findings that will be of immeasurable use to all the forum members. Come on!

I am volunteering my able body :p, my car for transport, my sheffield labs test disc, and if needed my audioengine 2 speakers.

psychotropic,love ur determination:clapping:.still set on the cdp purchase huh?wondering why u havent taken the plunge as yet.with all ur reasoning to stick with a cdp vs the rest,me thinks the purchase i overdue:D.true?cheers

actually the delay in the decision is because i have not yet been able to audition the C542 (or the others for that matter). The C542 i am going to have to go to bangalore to audition, and that is only happening next week when my wife goes off to vietnam.

but that's an entirely separate issue from this. This is something I started, and I am now determined to see through to its conclusion! I just hope I get the support.

psychotropic,love ur determination:clapping:.still set on the cdp purchase huh?wondering why u havent taken the plunge as yet.with all ur reasoning to stick with a cdp vs the rest,me thinks the purchase i overdue:D.true?cheers

actually the delay in the decision is because i have not yet been able to audition the C542 (or the others for that matter). The C542 i am going to have to go to bangalore to audition, and that is only happening next week when my wife goes off to vietnam.

but that's an entirely separate issue from this. This is something I started, and I am now determined to see through to its conclusion! I just hope I get the support.

Do come and listen to my setup when in Bangalore :)

Cheers

can you please include a wdtv?

Okay, this is the official thread for the shootout, the details are below, and all of this is subject to Venkatji agreeing for the use of his place and kit for the bloodshed:

Participants so far: CA DVD99 (sushanthace), Oppo 980/983 (venkatcr), HDD based transport ? (venkatcr).

Two Important Points:

• Someone with a good amp-speaker setup needed to volunteer their place, in case Venkatji is unable to accommodate us

Let's make this happen, so that we have some solid findings that will be of immeasurable use to all the forum members. Come on!

I am volunteering my able body :p, my car for transport, my sheffield labs test disc, and if needed my audioengine 2 speakers.

Last edited:
psychotropic-

Its good to review devices ourself.:clapping:
You can invite MBR with WDtv to get stereo rev.
secondly CDp also can be added(mar,nad) to get perfect st.comparison.

Looking forward....:yahoo:

Just found the thread, I am in :), will get my WD TV :). Anyway, me and Venkat had anyway planned a WD TV audio shoot out so we copmbine.

Let me know the time :)

is it happening this weekend?

Two Important Points:

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back