The Emotiva bug.......... Will bite you soon !!

Spidey

Guys,

Lots of people contemplate buying a new amp preamplifier or processor.

Many find their journey takes them to brand Emotiva.

Then begins the confusion which one to buy, XPA 1,2,3,5 UPA 7 , UMC-1, ERC-1 etc etc..

And believe me ... You won't stop at buying one product. You will order and of course upgrade ur Emotivas.:licklips:

That's why I called it a bug that bites hard.

I will post a comprehensive buying guide soon for Emotiva.

Thanks

Yes. I also have been bitten by Emotiva.. when I will have enough money I will cure this bug.

Dont worry... in 6 months i.e by next Mar-April, I predict at least 4-5 sales of used Emotivas on the classified section of this forum with most items selling well below US or any other price.
So wait.. and you will be rewarded.

I myself promise that I will put my UMC-1 (to be recieved) on sale in Mar-Apr when XMC-1 comes.

But those in haste can hit their credit cards and do Overseas shopping.

thanks

I have heard that the UMC-1 has some fundamental flaws in the way bass management is done. Their power amps are great bang for buck. I was so close to buying the XPA2 & XPA5 before I got a great deal for the earthquake grande 7 otherwise I would have brought them.

Dont worry... in 6 months i.e by next Mar-April, I predict at least 4-5 sales of used Emotivas on the classified section of this forum with most items selling well below US or any other price.
So wait.. and you will be rewarded.

I myself promise that I will put my UMC-1 (to be recieved) on sale in Mar-Apr when XMC-1 comes.

But those in haste can hit their credit cards and do Overseas shopping.

thanks

+++1 will be following you for the XMC-1 at 40:/: reduction it will be a total steal

+++1 will be following you for the XMC-1 at 40:/: reduction it will be a total steal

Hey Guys,

Just so your expectations are not crashed, I thought I'll inform that if you upgrade to XMC-1 from UMC-1, there is no 40% discount.

Refer - Emotiva Audio :: Frequently Asked Questions

Letting you know so you can delay purchase of UMC-1 (if you havent bought it already)
Regards,
Jitu

Hey jitubisht

Me and subhash have got confirmation of 40% upgrade discount from umc to xmc at :

1) front desk emotiva re Janna Riggs
2) emotiva lounge where admin has declared discount would be given to all umc owners

To confirm, just send a mail to anybody on emotiva.

The website has to update this fact.

Thanks

Last edited:
i think the emotiva bug has bitten the member manu4panjab quite badly
his emotiva amp and umc 1 are having serious issues

Last edited:
i think the emotiva bug has bitten the member manu4panjab quite badly
his emotiva amp and umc 1 are having serious issues

In which case the Tonewinner (or what is it?) amp that your friend is trying to sell in India should also have similar quality problems isn't it? After all Emotiva is the same amp from China as the ToneWinner according to you!!!! "Cuts both ways".

Atleast Manu is getting the replacement board promptly from Emotiva. What will Tonewinner do?

You seem to be back at your tricks!

dear anilva
i never stated that my friend is going to sell tonewinner or what ever it is called instead i said i have a friend of mine who knows guys who are selling tonewinner in india under their own brand ,now let me explain this to you in detail .My friend is a regular vistor to china who imports car audio stuff he knows other people who do the same thing ,and some of them deal with tonewinner . The guys who sell tonewinner products dont import ht gear they just import car audio manufactured by tonewinner , and they are going to introduce newer range of car audio in 2011.
Now regarding the emotiva issue yes these importers(the ones who are the customersof tonewinner) have made it very clear to me
that emotiva sherbourn etc etc are present customers of tw and brands like outlaw sherwood etc etc dropped out of line to get their versions on umc1 right on time
and for a lot of members here i have reviewed the umc1 and i will post my review here with all the necessary facts and points to support it in a few days and everybody is most welcome to put them on emotivas desk and ask them if they are right or not
my evaluations are based on REW ,fft and a very decent quality db meter and i will also let you know how i have done the testing on umc1 :)

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back