The hunt for the perfect 300b amplifier

If you take the Idiot dealer out of the equation , how was the Air Tight in terms of involvement with the music relative to the others ?
The idiot dealer completely hamstrung the Air Tight, I could not accurately gauge how good the amp was given the bad pairing with a 87db speaker. All I could say is that the amp had potential.

I wish this didn't happen, because at that time I was offered an ATM-300R for a great price, but I didn't/couldn't go for it.

Congratulations on finding your dream 300b amplifier. I really enjoy your writing and please do continue the stories. You have a writing style that is really nice with subtle humour that really makes me chuckle.

Seriously though how do such idiots survive in the high end audio industry where nuance and ability to serve a super discerning client matters the most.

The idiot dealer completely hamstrung the Air Tight, I could not accurately gauge how good the amp was given the bad pairing with a 87db speaker. All I could say is that the amp had potential.

I wish this didn't happen, because at that time I was offered an ATM-300R for a great price, but I didn't/couldn't go for it.
it is supposed to be one of the most natural sounding 300Bs but I understand your thinking ie when you are putting this money you really need to be really sure of what it is for.

it is supposed to be one of the most natural sounding 300Bs but I understand your thinking ie when you are putting this money you really need to be really sure of what it is for.
In hindsight, at that price I should have just bought it, but then again I fell in love with a Nagra 300b (topic for part 3 😊)

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back