The Lyrita Phonostage Reviewed!

Hi Malvai. Nicely written review. Pretty much what i heard at Virens place. Also great to see Lyrita Audio getting reviewed in a foreign mag. Keep up the great work.

Manav, Nice well written review. Thanks. Specially liked that you have included both gender of audiophile community. Keep up the good work.
Regards.

Guys!
The review came up last evening (IST) on PFO. So for the US it was morning... and apparently, Lyrita website got so many hits that it has now exceeded the bandwidth limit!

Excellent effort Malvai - Real glad that Indian Mfr's are getting some much deserved exposure.
Cheers
Sid

Hi Manav,

Great review,and very well written:clapping:

And then I noticed something, probably the only serious failing on the Lyrita, the bass seemed a bit (just a tad) bloated. And a quick A/B with the Nighthawk confirmed this.

Manav,the bass bloat you noted in your review can be overcome by changing the 5Z4 rectifier to a GZ34,or 5V4G/GZ32.

Regards
Rajiv

Thanks Rajiv!

I reach delhi tomorrow... will speak to Virenji and take the suggestion forward! Maybe we can have a follow up review on the tweaks!

Great Review malvai !
Does justice to the Phono which make music..i waslooking at something which can do justice to old Hindi/english LP with the soul of music intact..where i would not care about details etc. it does just that

I have this as well for almost 3 months and I have absolutely loved it...have to find the time now for long sessions..too busy with Work :(

Last edited:
Good review Manav.
Your review will put this Indian product into the international audiophile radar.
The bad: Your review has brought down the lyrita website :eek:hyeah:
Virenji might have to think about a server upgrade now to handle the heavy hits;)

BTW Malvai, is it just the phonostage or are you turning into a tube junkie after all? :D

From the Lyrita stable, the best product I like is SET 2A3 integrated tube amp.

--
helium
SB Classic> Beresford DAC 7510 MK4> Sugden A21/ Lyrita SET 2A3> highly modded Vintage B&W DM4 => MUSIC

Thanks Malvai for taking the pains to pen your experience.

--
helium
SB Classic> Beresford DAC 7510 MK4> Lyrita SET 2A3/ Sugden A21a> Highly modded Vintage B&W DM4 => MUSIC

Thank you guys for your generous compliments!
@squarewave: no man not getting tubey yet.but yea, this phono stage is good enuff to find a more permanent place on the rack!

Viren actually made the pure phono stage (No Pots) with a switch to choose between the stock Russian 6N2P OR an ECC83 tube.

Im still with the russian though...TTs are a nightmare to voice :sad:

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back