The most ever active forum with active members!

hi,

Just curious to know do we have any annual meet (city-wise) or something like that? :licklips:

If someone can organize the same, it would be really great!

OK. So, there are the numbers, at least in Chennai. So this would be a good place to start as any other, I guess. Let the rains abate and we will plan a trip. A Chennai to Pondicherry trip would be ideal.

Ramanujam, there are many Bullet clubs all over India. In Chennai we have the V60, the MadBulls (Madras Bulls) etc. There are wonderful enthusiasts with extensive experience in criss crossing our country's roads. I was fortunate to accompany the Madbulls on a Rider's Mania meet at Hyderabad. It was some ride from Madras to Hyderabad and back. From that meet though I discovered that I would prefer to ride in smaller groups. Yet to find a good group to ride with. Lets see if one works out here.

I thought Madbullram would chip in here. :)

OK. So, there are the numbers, at least in Chennai. So this would be a good place to start as any other, I guess. Let the rains abate and we will plan a trip. A Chennai to Pondicherry trip would be ideal.

Ramanujam, there are many Bullet clubs all over India. In Chennai we have the V60, the MadBulls (Madras Bulls) etc. There are wonderful enthusiasts with extensive experience in criss crossing our country's roads. I was fortunate to accompany the Madbulls on a Rider's Mania meet at Hyderabad. It was some ride from Madras to Hyderabad and back. From that meet though I discovered that I would prefer to ride in smaller groups. Yet to find a good group to ride with. Lets see if one works out here.

I thought Madbullram would chip in here. :)

I was in Ooty for the last RM. It was damn good.
But same feelings here, I dont like to ride with a large group esp people I dont know well! Group riding with people with different riding styles is not great unless they have the discipline to stick to a uniform code.
Lotsa clubs in Chennai, Bangalore, Mumbai(Indiethumpers, the hosts of RM 2010), Pune,Delhi, Hyderabad, Cochin, Tiruvananthapuram.

Certainly. If there is enthusiasm as well as the numbers, then lets do a ride. And yes, Chennai to Pondy would be a good start.

I'd definitely be interested...

... I have a license, and have driven a Jawa for over 15 years. Not allowed to own a bike by my wife nowadays. :mad:

Cheers

Now, that's another beautiful bike and the first bike I ever fell in love with! :D Do you still have it?

Now, that's another beautiful bike and the first bike I ever fell in love with! :D Do you still have it?

Unfortunately no. In 1995, I just left it in a building's parking lot and walked away. The bike was originally registered in Delhi, and when I shifted to Chennai, the Delhi RTO files were all burnt in a fire. I could not get a NOC from Delhi and could never register it here. I was constantly harassed by the police and decided to abandon the bike.

Cheers

Why don't we then start a social group within HF then and send invites out to people interested. Thoughts?

I would love to join you guys, Bit out of luck as I'm still a nomad :mad:

Why don't we then start a social group within HF then and send invites out to people interested. Thoughts?

I would love to join you guys, Bit out of luck as I'm still a nomad :mad:

This is not a bad idea. Could the people willing to have a Hifivision ride (on a bike) from Chennai to Pondy please send me a PM? It does not have to be just Enfield Bullets. Anybody interested may feel free to join. And people wanting to ride pillion should be welcome too as long as there are riders willing to take them on:).

hey guys i'm looking towards new bullet 500 cc cost 1.25lakhs
i'm already starting to save money for it :yahoo:

Manu - I will mention this since you have owned and ridden the old iron engine bikes. Have you tried the Unit Construction engine (UCE)? Do you understand that the Bullets are no more the bikes which can easily be fixed by any roadside mechanic or even by yourself if you know a little bit of basic mechanics?

And yes, the UCE grants you more power, more punch and more fuel efficiency at the above costs. Simplicity, basically. And thump too. I have noticed that for some reason, even with a retrofitted silencer, you dont get the thump that you get with well broken in iron engines.

Do consider these factors when making your decision. I do admit that it is tempting to get the 'Classic 500' as it is named. But the point is it is not 'Classic' in anything but the looks:).

Unfortunately no. In 1995, I just left it in a building's parking lot and walked away. The bike was originally registered in Delhi, and when I shifted to Chennai, the Delhi RTO files were all burnt in a fire. I could not get a NOC from Delhi and could never register it here. I was constantly harassed by the police and decided to abandon the bike.

Cheers

That is so sad and unfortunate. Was no one interested in taking it off your hands, without the papers?

This is not a bad idea. Could the people willing to have a Hifivision ride (on a bike) from Chennai to Pondy please send me a PM? It does not have to be just Enfield Bullets. Anybody interested may feel free to join. And people wanting to ride pillion should be welcome too as long as there are riders willing to take them on:).

YGPM :)

Manu - I will mention this since you have owned and ridden the old iron engine bikes. Have you tried the Unit Construction engine (UCE)? Do you understand that the Bullets are no more the bikes which can easily be fixed by any roadside mechanic or even by yourself if you know a little bit of basic mechanics?

And yes, the UCE grants you more power, more punch and more fuel efficiency at the above costs. Simplicity, basically. And thump too. I have noticed that for some reason, even with a retrofitted silencer, you dont get the thump that you get with well broken in iron engines.

Do consider these factors when making your decision. I do admit that it is tempting to get the 'Classic 500' as it is named. But the point is it is not 'Classic' in anything but the looks:).

thanks bro for suggestion i'll look into what you suggest :)

Hi All,

Just returned from a road trip yesterday evening -chennai to point calimere(900kms total) and what do i see here...Another plan for a road trip. It would be nice to for all HFV chennai members to meet and know each other. I am game...

About my road trip.

Mode of transport- Hero Honda Karizma R
Partner/Pillion- Wife
Total kms-900
Number of days-4 days
Purpose-I dont need a reason to ride/Wifey wanted to ride in the rains
Satisfaction of seeing my ride and jacket dirty -Priceless :yahoo:

Cheers
S

Last edited:
Hi All,

Just returned from a road trip yesterday evening -chennai to point calimere(900kms total) and what do i see here...Another plan for a road trip. It would be nice to for all HFV chennai members to meet and know each other. I am game...

About my road trip.

Mode of transport- Hero Honda Karizma R
Partner/Pillion- Wife
Total kms-900
Number of days-4 days
Purpose-I dont need a reason to ride/Wifey wanted to ride in the rains
Satisfaction of seeing my ride and jacket dirty -Priceless :yahoo:

Cheers
S

Nice! Any pics? :D

@grubyhalo

Didnt take my camera :(

It was a spur of the moment trip. But i did take a few snaps on my mobile phone.

Will upload tonight

Cheers
S

OK guys, till now I have two people PM'ing me with an interest to ride from Chennai to Pondy.

Maybe this deserves its own thread. I was thinking that this might actually be possible if we have at least 4 bikes. What say?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back