The most ever active forum with active members!

Wow! A break from riding for 3 years. That is quite a lot. Glad you are well now.

How did you manage to maintain your Bullet in the interim?

Venkat, believe me, there would have been a lot of takers for your Jawa - even without any papers!

I actually sold it twice. Both times the new owners just came back and returned it to me. The second guy did nit even take the money back from me. Dealing with the police then was too tiresome.

Cheers

I actually sold it twice. Both times the new owners just came back and returned it to me. The second guy did nit even take the money back from me. Dealing with the police then was too tiresome.

Cheers

Hmm..Nowadays people just drive any vehicle and go to Pudupet and get all papers done or redone as the case may be.

What time period are we talking of here?

By the way, wanted to mention that there are now three guys confirming for the ride.

Grubyhalo
Sushanthace
Madbullram

Hi Vortex,

Any updates on the ride?

:cool:

Appreciate your enthusiasm, mate! The rains have just about let up and we are now able to see the sun god - barely. Touch wood!

Lets give this a week and see if this lasts. In the meanwhile I will also take the time to get my Bullet serviced and ready. Then we can plan a ride without fail.

Appreciate your enthusiasm, mate! The rains have just about let up and we are now able to see the sun god - barely. Touch wood!

Lets give this a week and see if this lasts. In the meanwhile I will also take the time to get my Bullet serviced and ready. Then we can plan a ride without fail.

Ahem! :eek:hyeah:

someone sed RD350 on this thread. WOW!!!

had a friend who'd soup'd it up, mondo. i can still hear it in my head. went on one wheel on fergy road, pune with me pillion. this is a BUSY road!! though i feel very sorry for it today, but, at the time, a couple was in front of us and, seeing the hideous underside of the bike, the lady jumped off the Bajaj M80.

had a friend who'd soup'd it up, mondo. i can still hear it in my head. went on one wheel on fergy road, pune with me pillion. this is a BUSY road!! though i feel very sorry for it today, but, at the time, a couple was in front of us and, seeing the hideous underside of the bike, the lady jumped off the Bajaj M80.

LOL! Man, that's some bike! One of the most visceral bikes I've ever tried...

Hi,

I am getting a good deal on Thunderbird 2004 model at 50K. What you guys say? I was advised that Thunderbird has had a huge number of issues.

cheers!

LOL! Man, that's some bike! One of the most visceral bikes I've ever tried...

drawing an inane simile here, but most bikes go vroooom, vroooooom (loose bass in our lingo). this one went wupp, wwuppp (tight as tight can be) ;-)

Thats me, I own an original Japanese early High Torque Yamaha RD350:). Man, what a bike it is. I consider myself extremely fortunate to own one of these bikes. No bike imported\produced in India till date can even come close to the FTR (Fun to Ride) factor. It was a rage worldwide in the early 70s and was known to beat bikes that were 750cc with ease.

This is my second RD350. I used to own a RD350 when I was in college. I was forced by my parents to sell it after an accident. Believe me friends, I have never missed anything so much in my life. Everytime I used to hear the distinct sound (music actually) of the RD350, I used to get goosebumps and curse myself for selling my RD. Come what may, I just had to have an RD again. So, once I joined employment, I bought another:yahoo:.

I own both the fastest and the slowest two wheelers in India. I own a Suvega in too:lol:. Here is a link on team-bhp which has pictures of both my RD and Suvega:
Suvega ! - Page 8 - Team-BHP

Hi,

I am getting a good deal on Thunderbird 2004 model at 50K. What you guys say? I was advised that Thunderbird has had a huge number of issues.

cheers!
Venkatesh, I suggest you buy a 'real' bullet and not a T-Bird. Look for a pre-owned Enfield Bullet with a cast iron Engine. Yes, with the LHS brake and RHS gearshift. The RE has english lineage and should continue to be that way. The gears and brakes will take some time to get used to. is difficult to ride and you will get used to it. Remember, the RE is not for everyone, just for a select few:)

I got a chance last week to do a A-B test. I first rode the new Bullet 500 and the 350 back to back. The 500 is a fantastic modern beast with all the refinements. It has been engineered very well and I would love to own one myself. The 350 (classic) is an all together different beast and should not be compared. The thump (both sound and feel) and feedback that I got from the 350 was just amazing and was totally missing in the 500. Having said this, I would still pick the 500 and I would have booked one if it had not been for my heavy A\V spend in recent times.

ps: These are just my views and I do not mean any disrespect to T-Bird owners.

Venkatesh, I suggest you buy a 'real' bullet and not a T-Bird. Look for a pre-owned Enfield Bullet with a cast iron Engine. Yes, with the LHS brake and RHS gearshift. The RE has english lineage and should continue to be that way. The gears and brakes will take some time to get used to. is difficult to ride and you will get used to it. Remember, the RE is not for everyone, just for a select few:)

I got a chance last week to do a A-B test. I first rode the new Bullet 500 and the 350 back to back. The 500 is a fantastic modern beast with all the refinements. It has been engineered very well and I would love to own one myself. The 350 (classic) is an all together different beast and should not be compared. The thump (both sound and feel) and feedback that I got from the 350 was just amazing and was totally missing in the 500. Having said this, I would still pick the 500 and I would have booked one if it had not been for my heavy A\V spend in recent times.

ps: These are just my views and I do not mean any disrespect to T-Bird owners.

Hi,

Thanks Santhosh. I know you are not going to believe if I say I rode bullet when I was at my 13 years, of course with my father as a pillion (in fact, my area was only limited to "steering wheel":eek:hyeah:). I definitely agree with your points as far as the thump and feel go, but I find T-bird a little compact for my physique. Else I will wait and jump straight away for a 4-wheeler. I so far have had Yezdi, Yamaha Rx-100 and now Pulsar. My father had Rajdoot, Bullet and Explorer.

Cheers!

Venkatesh - I have met you and I sort of understand why you think the Thunderbird might suit you. Believe me, it is not about massiveness of frame when riding a Bullet. The shortest and slimmest people manage to handle it pretty well. It is just about developing a feel for the machine.

Moreover, the Thunderbird's ergonomics is just not right. It does not promote an easy, straight, sitting posture like the Classic Bullet. And so there are issues. Also the handlebar is placed at such an angle that you may develop wrist pain after 2 to 3 hours of riding. These are things that can only be experienced on slightly longer rides. The best thing would be to try and borrow a Bullet and see if you can take it for a longer distance - say upto Mahabalipuram and then make up your mind.

The Thunderbird also has a softer seat which is alluring to start with. But softer the seat, the more your back aches after a long ride!

Just as in audio, there is no substitute for experiencing it yourself :).

Hi venkatesh,

You should own a Bullet atleast once in your life.:) I had the 350 Standard for 6 years.You feel exclusive when you ride a bullet.The envious looks you get at the signal stops makes you feel snobbish even if you are not one.:D.
I used to ride 25+25 Kms daily and never used to feel tired. At the age of 22 i too aspired for the Yezdi but since it had a long waiting time i opted for the then newly introduced Rajdoot Deluxe.Then the Bullet,a Hero Honda and a Pulsar 150 and now a Pulsar 180.But nothing can match the Bullet.

cheers,
sri

Edit: +1 to what Bala says. You are a normally built young man. I have seen men with smaller frames than you handle the beast with ease.You need not have any concerns there.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back