The Movies I Liked

The Beekeeper - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt15314262/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Jason Statham is back and what do you expect? Action speaks in this movie. There is lot of resemblance to John Wick movie but since this is a David Ayar directed movie the action scenes could have been better choreographed like his other movie Fury. Nice one time popcorn flick.
Agree.
I also thought it was a great topic to choose to unleash mayhem - old people conned.
I mean, who will not get behind the beekeper.

Best watched in a thumpy theatre.

La Belle Noiseuse (The Beautiful Troublemaker)
I have not seen a film that depicts the artistic process better than this one. It compelled me to start sketching along with the protagonist. The sound of pencil rubbing against the paper goes on and on in your mind, even after the film ends. Unlike any other film, it really shows what it takes to make art. Unlike all other film, this film shows that its not just the inspiration. Infact, its inspiration is the least important factor in creating good art.main-qimg-7e44932c0aa2091456810e3de0e211b2-lq.jpg

After a long time watched couple of south korean films,
The Childe (2023) & The Swindlers (2017)....

They were pretty average, it was just like watching another bollywood, hollywood and kollywood movie. I mean, they used to make amazing out of the box films, some of the movies that blew my mind are:

I saw the devil
New World
Old Boy
The Wailing

It all seems like South Koreans started making movies to appeal to a worldwide audience and lost their touch of uniqueness. I don't remember watching an amazing korean film in the last 4-5 years like I used to from 2007 to 2016.

Civil War - 9/10
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt17279496/

Watch this movie in IMAX. The sound and visuals are stunning. The action in this movie is top notch. The first 10 minutes and last 30 minutes is edge of the seat thriller. More over it is also frightening, not in a horror sense but how humans can become brutal. Few of the scenes are very disturbing to watch,

After a long time watched couple of south korean films,
The Childe (2023) & The Swindlers (2017)....

They were pretty average, it was just like watching another bollywood, hollywood and kollywood movie. I mean, they used to make amazing out of the box films, some of the movies that blew my mind are:

I saw the devil
New World
Old Boy
The Wailing

It all seems like South Koreans started making movies to appeal to a worldwide audience and lost their touch of uniqueness. I don't remember watching an amazing korean film in the last 4-5 years like I used to from 2007 to 2016.
True. It was great run from Jsa in 2000 to new world in 2013. Here is the list of my recommendations.

Tier 1

Salinui chueok 2003 — a.k.a. Memories of Murder,
Chugyeogja 2008 — a.k.a. The Chaser,
Oldeuboi 2003 — a.k.a. Oldboy,
Joheunnom nabbeunnom isanghannom 2008 — a.k.a. The Good, the Bad, the Weird
Kimssi pyoryugi 2009 — a.k.a. Castaway on the Moon
Sin-se-gae 2013 - a.k.a New World

Tier 2:

Bin-jip 2004 — a.k.a. 3-Iron
Gongdong gyeongbi guyeok JSA 2000 — a.k.a. J.S.A.: Joint Security Area,

Tier 3 :

Biyeolhan geori 2006 — a.k.a. A Dirty Carnival,
Hwanghae 2010 — a.k.a. The Yellow Sea,

Tier 4:

Dalkomhan insaeng 2005 — a.k.a. A Bittersweet Life,
Akmareul boatda 2010 — a.k.a. I Saw the Devil,
Ddongpari 2008
Madeo 2009 — a.k.a. Mother

True. It was great run from Jsa in 2000 to new world in 2013. Here is the list of my recommendations.

Tier 1

Salinui chueok 2003 — a.k.a. Memories of Murder,
Chugyeogja 2008 — a.k.a. The Chaser,
Oldeuboi 2003 — a.k.a. Oldboy,
Joheunnom nabbeunnom isanghannom 2008 — a.k.a. The Good, the Bad, the Weird
Kimssi pyoryugi 2009 — a.k.a. Castaway on the Moon
Sin-se-gae 2013 - a.k.a New World

Tier 2:

Bin-jip 2004 — a.k.a. 3-Iron
Gongdong gyeongbi guyeok JSA 2000 — a.k.a. J.S.A.: Joint Security Area,

Tier 3 :

Biyeolhan geori 2006 — a.k.a. A Dirty Carnival,
Hwanghae 2010 — a.k.a. The Yellow Sea,

Tier 4:

Dalkomhan insaeng 2005 — a.k.a. A Bittersweet Life,
Akmareul boatda 2010 — a.k.a. I Saw the Devil,
Ddongpari 2008
Madeo 2009 — a.k.a. Mother
All Done:)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back