The Ortofon 2M Red

Folks!! Just got the shipment from Needledoctor.. The Ortofon 2M RED, thanks a lot to fellow FM Malvai for helping me out on the purchase.. This has got to be the first step in terms of upgrade on the phono route for me..And still a long way to go
Cheers

You are welcome JKchaos.

That is a sweet sounding cart on your set up and will allow you to play ALL kinda of music well. Even metal.

Enjoy!

OM 10 is a better performer than 2m Red.You can upgrade stylus with OM20/30/40 in same body(though not cheap).Ortofon once discontinued OM series but had to introduce again because of good demand. Its a high compliance cart,so it would be better match with low mass tonearm of your TT.
See here for more That College Budget Cartridge that won't murder my records.. - AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums

Regards,
Sachin

Thanks, will go for this one...what are my other options? Shure?

I also have an oooold Garrard SP25 that I want to restore. I was thinking of swapping my current cart (OM5) to this and move my Debut III to OM10. Good idea?

You can diy CNC phonostage which will perform at par with ay high end phonostage and can be built under Rs 3000 and case of your choice.

Regards,
Sachin

I am interested in this project but like I've said this elsewhere - "I cannot solder two wires to save my life!" Do you think I could give it a shot? I am going through your CNC thread but would it be possible for you to PM me the details?

Danke!

Surprised to read here that NeedleDoctor shipped the stylus to you. Probably because it was only a stylus. I wanted to order a Denon Dp300F and they said that they can't ship.

Thanks, will go for this one...what are my other options? Shure?

I also have an oooold Garrard SP25 that I want to restore. I was thinking of swapping my current cart (OM5) to this and move my Debut III to OM10. Good idea?

I am interested in this project but like I've said this elsewhere - "I cannot solder two wires to save my life!" Do you think I could give it a shot? I am going through your CNC thread but would it be possible for you to PM me the details?

Danke!

I think Om 10 would be perfect for that price range,M97xe comes into mind,but there are some quality control issues in recent Shures.

You can build this phonostage.This was my first project too.I learnt soldering from internet.I can do soldering for you but you will miss this golden opportunity to get into DIY.These two links would be helpful to learn soldering
How to solder

Video How to Solder : CuriousInventor Guides

Btw: there are over 300+ built for CNC and almost everyone is using this in main rig.One recent review from a Lenco Heaven member
http://www.lencoheaven.net/forum/index.php?topic=9021.15

Regards,
Sachin

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back