The "Room Acoustics" thread

Hello,
I am doing a conference room of size 400 x 190. The false ceiling shall come at 90 height. Right now they do not have a false ceiling or acoustical panels. There are no echo problems right now except when they activate mikes in front of individuals. The conference table is for 21 persons with additional 30 more chairs along 3 walls. We want white screen for projector as well as LCD display. My query is -
1. We are recommending Armstrong ceiling.
2. Will pin-up boards act as good absorptive panels or do I need to provide additional acoustical panels along walls?
3. Anutone panels are cheaper than using ply and veneer.
4. We were thinking of using Anutone panels. But after reading threads here they seem to be out of stock. Which other panels are good and economical? Current ceiling height is 11. After making false ceiling at 9 will there be echo?
Thank you in advance.
- Prachi
Patriarch Designers.

I think those are not diffusers. Those are wedge sound absorbers to increase the surface area of absorption and can cover a large area because of wedge faces.
Absorption yes. But are you saying there is no diffusion\sound-breaking involved:)?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back