The "what do I do" thread

Re: What you originally do other than being in Hifivision - Your profession/occupatio

Hey, all this time I thought you were James Bond..

this is my field cover story.

also comes in handy for all the assorted females i keep running into. powerful man. gets everyone to do his bidding. etc etc... gets them every single time ;)

Re: What you originally do other than being in Hifivision - Your profession/occupatio

I am into telecom research and development (8 years)..
as of now, working with a MNC as a software professional on WiMax technology (wireless broadband).. married since 2 years..wife is MBBS doctor..no kids..

:) got addicted to this forum the day I started searching for a suitable flat screen TV for my apartment..

Hai all,

I am an Electrical Engineer with Telecom PSU, for the past 22 yrs.

Wife is home maker.

Only daughter is in 2nd Standard.

I like to listen to good music.

Passionnate about my music than my Music system.

N.Murali

Last edited:

I am into Mechanical Engineering field related to Oil & Gas / Petrochemicals -18+ years experience.

Started my Own venture around 12 years back / Running 3 companies as Propreitior / Partnership in the field of Inspection / HR / Manufacturing.

Got married exactly 8 years & 2 days back- 1 Kid and she is 5 years old.

I work on the Technology (Software) department of an Australian Bank. Would like to start my own venture like Srini someday.

I am married for close to 4 years now, have a son who is 15 months old. Wife is a homemaker until now, she is looking to start working when my son starts school/pre-school.

Passionate about AAV (Automobiles, Audio and Video in same order):)

I am a MCA graduate and working in a IT services company. I am recent convert into the hifi world after i happen to listen to a Yamaha system in a trade show. Not married but it seems like i might bite the dust very soon! My passions include Audio, Motorcycles and Movies.

I work on the Technology (Software) department of an Australian Bank. Would like to start my own venture like Srini someday.

I am married for close to 4 years now, have a son who is 15 months old. Wife is a homemaker until now, she is looking to start working when my son starts school/pre-school.

Passionate about AAV (Automobiles, Audio and Video in same order):)

Hi,

I am also presently considering my options to open my own venture! Of course, Srini sir was one of the reasons behind this idea.

Cheers

I am working as a Test Analyst(S/W Testing) and Business Analyst in a MNC in Gurgaon. Having 7+ yrs of experience in IT field.
Wife is also a S/W developer and 1 kid, she is only 2 months old .........rocking with her daily.

I am in Hifi world since last one year when I was looking for Onkyo HTIB. Till date I did not spend much because no left out from Home & Car EMI's.........very well eligible for Nonspender club.:lol:

I try to help people "figure out" how much they need the products that my company makes.. erm.. that means marketing.. it's gonna be 14 years now..

The wife has put her banking career in abeyance since daycare was not working out too well for our 2 kids aged 7 and 3. The great positive outcome of this step is that the children are "blooming", but a small negative is less dosh for Hifi (C'est la vie!)

been interested in Hifi for as long as I can remember, first hi-fi I owned was a Teac Amp A-X55, in 1987! been in DIY since 1986, gave it up circa 2002 when I got married.

cheers

I work in pharma industry. Been involved in the hobby since about 15 yrs starting with very modest investments in a Philips stereo system. I used to hang out with an electrician/handy man during summer holidays and he used to play tons of records during the day. That got me interested in pursuing it further. The A is much heavily experienced than the V in A/V passion.

I am in to the most common, most boring (to most of us) and the most least paid profession as well..........Windows 2000 Admin (System Analyst-Project Leader).... :) . All in to NT domain and AD crap shit........have Done MCA, MCSE. Started off with a BPO(Convergys) and ended up currently with HCL Technologies for the past 4 years. Wife was working as an HOD accounts depertment in IMS Ghaziabad, which she left for our currently 2 year old boy whose gonna completely drive me crazy by the time I reach 35.....

Last edited:

hi m working in a mumbai based organisation which is into telecommunications,finance,entertainment etc.I'm working as a DGM in their telecommunications operations for the past 6 yrs and am based out of mumbai.I shifted to mumbai after spending 35 yrs in delhi (born,brought up and studied) and have a rich experience of 17 years in IT & Operations

Hi,
I am statistician by profession. when a professional con man like Stevieboy makes their suggestion I do some hypothesis testing to check if their acceptence falls under threshhold probability levels of acceptence. Accordingly I make my decisions. He cannot be modelled under normal distribution beacuse of obvious reasons. I prefer particulalry skewed poisson distribution.:D
Thanks.

Last edited:

Nice to see a fellow Banker in the forum and I'm not groaning:D

Trust me you are not 'an average Joe' Atleast you have a passion for music. All of those other Bankers who I know of are that. They have no other interest except Banking.:eek:hyeah:

I'm an Ex-Army Captain (6 yrs) now a Security Manager in a Nationalised Bank (15+ yrs) I've a son aged 11 & daughter aged 9.

Life is rocking.:)

Thanks Captain. Seems we are the only bank men on the forum. BTW Only banking?? That would have killed me long ago:lol: Yes music has kept me aloft
through the ups and downs of my life. It is that interest that has made me a member of this forum and got me to know some nice people.

cheers,
sri

I am working as a Manager in an IT MNC at Trivandrum, have a total experience of 8 years in the same industry. My age is 28 and I am married, have a daughter who is 11 months old now. Wife is also working which makes us busy most of the week. Other than music, I love driving. Long drive once in a week is a must for me after getting a new SUV couple of months ago. :eek:hyeah:

So shall we offer to be the Bankers to the forum?:p

Captain,

That would really help the "non-spenders" club if you can get "non-refundable loans" :D

In a Global Logistics and Supply chain management company in the position of Subject Matter Expert involved more in Global projects internal to the company.

Prior to this, i was into sales and client services. My wife Sujatha is a housewife and my daughters are 11 & 8 years old. I like to spend my spare time doing something creative in art, photography, model railroading and enjoy listening music. :)

swami

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back