The "what do I do" thread

Re: What you originally do other than being in Hifivision - Your profession/occupatio

Hmmm...For the last few weeks I was busy and couldnt follow the forum.
Anyways, I am 32years old and working as an IT Professional in a Fortune100 MNC in Bangalore and I am showing off :) my professionalism for the past 6years there and before that I could not showoff more to my previous companies more than 3 years:).
I am also having passion for Interior Designing and having a business (WOODS Interiors). My wife (was a professor in one of the Engg college in Bangalore, but not now) is tolerating me and my passion for music for the past 5+ years and my twin angel babies (non identical) for the past 1.5years.

Re: What you originally do other than being in Hifivision - Your profession/occupatio

I'm 34 yrs & into Recruitment business for Oil & Gas Companies.I am into music since the Mid 80's.I am also a Musician as I play the Piano/Keyboard and also the guitar.More of a Keyboardist you can say.When I'm free I do composing/recording for schools etc. & I get paid to do what I enjoy;)
I'm married 4 the last 6 years & have a lovely wife who understands my love 4 music & leaves me alone with my system! Infact now my 4 year old daughter has also joined me.That leaves her alone:mad:

Regards,

Francis

Dear friends,
Somehow I missed this interesting thread as I was away from Chennai on and off and I could not keep track of all the threads posted in this forum.

Regarding myself I am a farmer(coconut cultivation) and I am 54 years old..I divide my time between Chennai and Madurai where my lands are located.Earlier I was in business manufacturing leather bicycle seats.I had to wind up this business due to many reasons.My wife is a home maker and runs a hand embroidery unit on a miniscule scale.I have two sons aged 21 and 16 years.Currently apart from farming I am on the look out to get back into business and waiting for an oppurtune time.Listening to music is my liking.

Sincerely,
pksnathan

A Great thread started by Venktesh. I belong to a family of Jewellers, and we are into this trade since 1880 at Lucknow, in 1996 we opened a Branch at New Delhi so since then I am assisting my father and looking after my family business. But since my childhood I had a strange feetish towards Electronics and Music systems in particular, as I use to open everything with the screw driver and try to find out its working. In my school days too I had developed a lot of projects for my Electronics Society and all my teachers use to complain that I dedicate more of my time towards electronics than studies.

Got married at an early age of 21 as I was the eldest Grandson of the family so with my Grandfather's wish I got married at such an early age. Its 10 years of marriage for me and I have a Daughter and Son aged 7 and 3.

Through this very forum I have made a lot of like minded friends and I also met Sumit from this forum too, with whom I am going to start my dream of selling the High end Audio/ Visuals stuff by opening the Lakozy in Delhi.
I am really excited with this new development in my Life and finally I am working for something I am passionate about.

I am 39-year-old Chemistry graduate and into technical writing for the past 8 years and one of the team leads for an IT services company. Married for 6 years; wife is a home maker and our only son is 5-year-old.

My Hifi journey started during my college days (1987) and used to listen music in musicals where they kept their speakers outside the shop:) After sometime me and my friends started a small musical shop and it was a flap after four years. Still longing for audio gears and saving money for that. Presently I have a normal setup with Philips DVD and Craftel amp. and speakers. Exploring and exploring still!

Well i am a science graduate. I edit video & audio (corporate videos, television ads & promos) & work on 2D Animation. Working for a company in Bengaluru.

Regards,
Anil

MY DIY PAGE

Last edited:

Hey! I'm Nirav & I work in my family business of manufacturing Industrial Lubricants.
My wife works with a private bank as a financial advisor.
Cheers.

I am an Engineer by education, but have left that line of work far far away. Presently working as a Business Analyst and Consultant for a Fortune 1000 IT Company. My wife works as a Credit Analyst for a Private Bank.

Wanted to take the Hi-Fi road long time back, but found this amazing forum only a year and a half ago, and from then on started my journey.

Other than HFV, I am a hardcore PC gamer, and frequently get the flak from my better half for devoting more time to gaming and Music than her.. :)

I've been a software coolie for 10 yrs now with no real skills in life. Been into music since longer than I care to remember. Got into this hobby only a few years ago...

Wife's also into s/w and is also a trained hindustani singer with an amazing sense of music, was part of a local rock band with colleagues from office as the lead vox and rythem guitarist. We share the same taste in music and she spends hours with me listening to it on our setup but does not share the same enthu on researching and acquiring equipment :(

We have a two year old soft dome super-tweeter of the female variety that takes up all our free time...

Dear friends,
Somehow I missed this interesting thread as I was away from Chennai on and off and I could not keep track of all the threads posted in this forum.

Regarding myself I am a farmer(coconut cultivation) and I am 54 years old..I divide my time between Chennai and Madurai where my lands are located.Earlier I was in business manufacturing leather bicycle seats.I had to wind up this business due to many reasons.My wife is a home maker and runs a hand embroidery unit on a miniscule scale.I have two sons aged 21 and 16 years.Currently apart from farming I am on the look out to get back into business and waiting for an oppurtune time.Listening to music is my liking.

Sincerely,
pksnathan

Sir,

Happy that you are into farming. You are well balancing between nature and technology - very rare to see this balance. :clapping:

I would say that you have the most secured job and occupation than we all have, as I strongly believe that farming is going to be the most haunted and sophisticated occupation in the years to come!:clapping:

Also, I and my friends in AP have plans to start Emu farm in TN or in AP.

Cheers!

A Great thread started by Venktesh. I belong to a family of Jewellers, and we are into this trade since 1880 at Lucknow, in 1996 we opened a Branch at New Delhi so since then I am assisting my father and looking after my family business. But since my childhood I had a strange feetish towards Electronics and Music systems in particular, as I use to open everything with the screw driver and try to find out its working. In my school days too I had developed a lot of projects for my Electronics Society and all my teachers use to complain that I dedicate more of my time towards electronics than studies.

Got married at an early age of 21 as I was the eldest Grandson of the family so with my Grandfather's wish I got married at such an early age. Its 10 years of marriage for me and I have a Daughter and Son aged 7 and 3.

Through this very forum I have made a lot of like minded friends and I also met Sumit from this forum too, with whom I am going to start my dream of selling the High end Audio/ Visuals stuff by opening the Lakozy in Delhi.
I am really excited with this new development in my Life and finally I am working for something I am passionate about.

Special thanks a lot for sharing a lot of information about you!

- I wish- on behalf of all forum members - that you become big construction tycoon - making superb buildings, roadways, airports, satellite cities - so that you can buy the mostest, bestest audio equipment in the world - after that, you invite us to your estate where we can enjoy, and then have a dip in your swimming pool!:)

- and a ride in your humvee - and later in your lamborghini diablo

Man you can surely crack me up :eek:hyeah:

Earlier I was in business manufacturing leather bicycle seats.I had to wind up this business due to many reasons.
I am on the look out to get back into business and waiting for an oppurtune time.Listening to music is my liking.

Hmm leather bicycle seats:rolleyes: I can give you a great business idea. Let me know why have closed it in the first place.:)

Hi,
I am an Architect by qualification. Over the years crossed over to Building Construction Industry. Now employed on Project Management side with a Developer /Builder.
Regds,

We share the same taste in music and she spends hours with me listening to it on our setup

Lucky you

but does not share the same enthu on researching and acquiring equipment :(
That's what is called nitpicking:lol:

BTW...one of her pet peeves is that I spend more time here in HFV than with her...

I can categorically say that we are all guilty to that assertion. This is especially glaring for us married folks, shame on us.....but again its so enticing to talking tech and A/V. Not the best of options.

Sir,

Happy that you are into farming. You are well balancing between nature and technology - very rare to see this balance. :clapping:

I would say that you have the most secured job and occupation than we all have, as I strongly believe that farming is going to be the most haunted and sophisticated occupation in the years to come!:clapping:

Also, I and my friends in AP have plans to start Emu farm in TN or in AP.

Cheers!

Sir,
I thank you for your kind words.I have sent a PM to you.
Sincerely,
pksnathan

Back