The "what do I do" thread

Re: What you originally do other than being in Hifivision - Your profession/occupatio

hey murali....which telecom PSU? (Oh ya no company names, so PM me, because my aunt used to be at a telecom PSU in chennai for many years as well)

oh ya, about me......i'm a lawyer.

And I like seeing the public sector bank peoples, as both my parents are public sector bankers, although my mom took VRS in 2000.

Hai all,

I am an Electrical Engineer with Telecom PSU, for the past 22 yrs.

Wife is home maker.

Only daughter is in 2nd Standard.

I like to listen to good music.

More particular about my music than my Music system.

N.Murali

Last edited:
Re: What you originally do other than being in Hifivision - Your profession/occupatio

Did the last year of my high school in California and then got an Electrical Engineering / Computer Science degree from UC Berkeley. Owned and ran two coffee shop franchises during last year of college till a second year after graduation. Then started working as a Software Consultant for a large Redmond based software developing/consulting firm in Los Angeles.

Now have left that sphere of work and am currently getting into Commerical Real Estate with my father as a Broker. Lived and kinda grew up in Delhi for 10 years and father used to run a Tooth brush Industry supplying to people like Dabur, Colgate etc. back then....so grew up understanding people and business in general.

Wife is a Pharmacist. Brother just got out of the Investment Banking field and is currently in Delhi starting a couple of business ventures (which I'm also lending a hand in). Mother is an Occupational Therapist here in California. Grand mother is a lawyer who is still practicing and was the first woman hand writing expert in India. Have a sister who graduated from Harvard MBA who is helping to manage a Hedge Fund.

That's it in a nutshell ;)

Last edited:

I am in an Oil PSU since last 28 years. My wife Dipa is a housewife and I have two sons aged 19 years and 16 years respectively.

I have hobby of fish keeping, presently have three aquariums in my flat. The bigger one is a 6 feeter Marine aquarium. Watching of lazy swimming of my cute yellow tang and angel, naughty behavior of green chromies and ever-curious attitude of my dotty back is my favourite quality pass-time every morning along with the morning cup of tea. Although, the routine job of water change, cleaning of aquarium etc.. are sometimes become tiring, but myself and my wife both do it with pleasure for those cute small and lovely fishes. They all are like our family members.

Also, music is my passion and night is the time for it, when the family members fell asleep and silence gripped the ambience, then.. Me and Music in my modest set-up keeps me awake upto 1 o'clock.

Hi Amit,
that's a very nice hobby of aquarium you have. I checked the pictures of the fishes you have they look gorgeous. This marine aquarium concept is new to me. would love to have a discussion about that with you sometime. I have quite a big aquarium in my house for last 16 years. It is normal one with standard fish nothing special. I really struggle to keep it clean. I think the main problem is the iron in the water. Can you tell me if mineral water can be used to store fish since they are iron free? I am seriously thinking about it.
Thnaks.

Hi Amit,
that's a very nice hobby of aquarium you have. I checked the pictures of the fishes you have they look gorgeous. This marine aquarium concept is new to me. would love to have a discussion about that with you sometime. I have quite a big aquarium in my house for last 16 years. It is normal one with standard fish nothing special. I really struggle to keep it clean. I think the main problem is the iron in the water. Can you tell me if mineral water can be used to store fish since they are iron free? I am seriously thinking about it.
Thnaks.

Mahi,
Mineral water or say RO water is preferred water for any aquarium. I use only RO water for all my three aquariums. For marine aquarium, you have to dissolve 'marine salt' (any good brand - Red sea, Aquacraft etc..) in prescribed proportion. The water is to be prepared atleast for a day with running powerhead and then it becomes advisable to put in aquarium. Marine aquarium requires some special equipments - like protein skimmer, wave maker, chiller, special substrate of crushed corals, white live sand etc, and above all live rock. But Mahi, this is not the thread for telling these things in details. You may call me at 9811922755.

I am 26 years Old Software Engineer from Pune,having 3 years of Experience Unix/Oracle field.

My passion includes obviously AV along with bike riding, lots more..

I am computer build enthusiastic..

Still unmarried, but days are coming near to book ticket for experience good or bad marriage journey..

Last edited:

Did the last year of my high school in California and then got an Electrical Engineering / Computer Science degree from UC Berkeley. Owned and ran two coffee shop franchises during last year of college till a second year after graduation. Then started working as a Software Consultant for a large Redmond based software developing/consulting firm in Los Angeles.

Now have left that sphere of work and am currently getting into Commerical Real Estate with my father as a Broker. Lived and kinda grew up in Delhi for 10 years and father used to run a Tooth brush Industry supplying to people like Dabur, Colgate etc. back then....so grew up understanding people and business in general.

Wife is a Pharmacist. Brother just got out of the Investment Banking field and is currently in Delhi starting a couple of business ventures (which I'm also lending a hand in). Mother is an Occupational Therapist here in California. Grand mother is a lawyer who is still practicing and was the first woman hand writing expert in India. Have a sister who graduated from Harvard MBA who is helping to manage a Hedge Fund.

That's it in a nutshell ;)

Hey,

Very impressive!

Cheers!

Hi,

Thank you all for your response here, am really glad. Expecting more members to chip in and reveal about themselves!

:clapping::clapping:

Cheers!

I am a general physician having my clinic in north chennai.I have 12 years of experience in this field and i developed an interest in A/V after registering in this forum in 2007.Wife is also a doctor and we have a 16 month old female kid named Gnapika.I like to lead a simple life style and we are a happy family.

I am a general physician having my clinic in north chennai.I have 12 years of experience in this field and i developed an interest in A/V after registering in this forum in 2007.Wife is also a doctor and we have a 16 month old female kid named Gnapika.I like to lead a simple life style and we are a happy family.

Welcome, we have another Dr. here. A forum full of professionals:clapping::yahoo:!

nice thread :)

Started and passed school as a Science student, joined Computer Science and then had a sudden enlightenment and joined Hotel Management and pass out of IHM, joined Lufthansa and again got enlightened and left the field, joined NIIT as trainee with 0 comp knowledge (he he he), worked morning, studied night at CDAC, then decided no more enlightenment so stuck to computer, now a Consultant who basically does nothing but, show the client he/she has a huge problem, spend lot of energy in solving their problem, then present many solutions and finally make them understand the first solution they came up was the best :) They go back happy and present me with new problems :)

away from work I am also an avid Bulleter, Jeeper, Adventure Sports person

Married to a lovely girl whom I was in love head over heels, who shares the same passion and shops sometime with me for 6 hrs in a electronic shop, wear safety jacket and hops into my bullet, rd, or jeep. understand DACs, bass traps, upscalling, connects all the wires, helps in A/B testing and also answers my huge list of girl friends SMS and Phones calls with a smile :D

Now an expectant father :)

see ya, client has a new problem now!!!

Last edited:

Married to a lovely girl whom I was in love head over heels, who shares the same passion and shops sometime with me for 6 hrs in a electronic shop, wear safety jacket and hops into my bullet, rd, or jeep.

Beautiful!

also answers my huge list of girl friends SMS and Phones calls with a smile :D

:p:p what is her home town, will ask my parents to have a visit!

Cheers!

, now a Consultant who basically does nothing but, show the client he/she has a huge problem, spend lot of energy in solving their problem, then present many solutions and finally make them understand the first solution they came up was the best :) They go back happy and present me with new problems :)

This is exactly I wanna do few years down the line.......Pure Computer consultant, advisor, assembler, retailer, contractor...everything under one roof......sounds to much....right!!! but thats what I wanna do.....

Chennaipattinam, Saidapet, product of MOP Vaishnav :) Hope thats info precise enough for u r endeavor!:lol:

Oh my God, I had enough experience with the ladies there! My friend's sister and cousin sister did their graduation there along with Swarnamalya, they used to rag me to the core every time I visit my sister's apartment when I was in my first year of college!:lol::lol:

So, that is definitely not a option for me, ready to wait for centuries otherwise!!!

This is exactly I wanna do few years down the line.......Pure Computer consultant, advisor, assembler, retailer, contractor...everything under one roof......sounds to much....right!!! but thats what I wanna do.....

Welcome to the fraternity buddy, but trust me its not as easy as it sounds, I do put up with loads bull and highly egoistic top brat! sorry brass!

Oh my God, I had enough experience with the ladies there! My friend's sister and cousin sister did their graduation there along with Swarnamalya, they used to rag me to the core every time I visit my sister's apartment when I was in my first year of college!:lol::lol:

So, that is definitely not a option for me, ready to wait for centuries otherwise!!!

hmmm...so you were behind Swarnamalya or what buddy??..hey thats a nice college...I have delivered loads of motivation and campus oriented talk there...the girls where always great and better looking ;) and the canteen sambar rice was awesome, that too when you have it with sweet girls around you :cool:

I gonna stop now and dont want to kill the sanctity of this thread :)

39 years old. Sr. VP in Banking Operations. Now working in our Global Hub in Chennai. Have worked in many different cities - Delhi, Bombay, Chennai, Calcutta, Singapore, New York (though all with the same bank). This is my 3rd posting in Chennai.

Married with 2 daughters, age 8 and 10. Wife has just started working again after a 10 year break, now that the kids are older.

Last edited:

i see many of the guys on the forum are into software .. count me in too.
i m into telecom software development with 6+ yrs exp, specifically into rating process nowadays, which means i have started to come to terms with how our final mobile bill is computed..
joined HFV only last year, but i am following this site since 2008, when i thought of getting a better speaker package for my LCD TV (which was creative 5.1) , but as rightly suggested by srini in another post in intro section, once u start looking into the threads in more details, you start demanding more than what u thought..
so in 2008 when started browsing this site for just a 5.1 speakers went on to purchase speakers/AVR/prj and construct a dedicated AV room till now in feb 2010 with a 20 fold cost increase of the initial estimate :eek:hyeah:
and yes my LCD TV and speaker package are still the same..

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back