• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

The "what do I do" thread

oracle1974

Dear All

Enlightening and interesting to know a little more about you all ! Here is a little about me:

Have a Master’s Degree in Public Policy and for the last 14 years working and leading a team of consultants passionate on urban issues; advising governments (central, state and local governments in India, SE Asia and Africa) directly or indirectly through multilateral / bilateral agencies.

Also worked in equity research for more than four years after MBA and just before pursuing the Public Policy course.

So passionate about cities and how they grow / evolve.

Work does not seem like work; enjoy what I do; living a childhood dream. Work has put life in balance.

SPONSORED ADS

SPONSORED ADS

moktan

I teach in my old school and also help run our small family resort. I like writing and published a book of whimsical essays about 15 years ago. Have just completed a short novel which may probably get published sometime in January by a small Indie publisher. Most of my friends from DU are doing great ( I see many on TV sometimes).
I decided to come home to the mountains and never regret living this simple life. Although as everywhere else we do have our share of troubles and things don’t always go the way we want it to. My wife supports me in my audiophile journey by tolerating it. My son , all of 11 years and 7 months is a budding music lover and perhaps due to my influence likes jazz ( Sonny Rollins mainly )and Dylan. Daughter is 17 years and has a more normal , contemporary taste in music. Both play a little music ( guitar and piano respectively). Needless to mention I like shoes and am a little snobbish about what I slip my feet into.

Hi
Friends
Music is the strength that brings people of various professions under the same firmament. I have been teaching in a govt run high school for near about 20 years. I had my graduation from the university of Calcutta and masters from the Burdwan university. I can't afford to be an audiophile but try my best to feel music,specially the Indian classical ,Rabindrasangeet, Bengali adhunik and old Bollywood movie songs. In my childhood I learnt to sing and to play Tabla. Now I am happy with my photography ,reading habits and vinyls . Many thanks to friend Celester 340as he started this nice thread.
Regards
Bhaskar

raghupb

Hi
Friends
Music is the strength that brings people of various professions under the same firmament. I have been teaching in a govt run high school for near about 20 years. I had my graduation from the university of Calcutta and masters from the Burdwan university. I can't afford to be an audiophile but try my best to feel music,specially the Indian classical ,Rabindrasangeet, Bengali adhunik and old Bollywood movie songs. In my childhood I learnt to sing and to play Tabla. Now I am happy with my photography ,reading habits and vinyls . Many thanks to friend Celester 340as he started this nice thread.
Regards
Bhaskar

As long as you enjoy your music, be it on big equipment or mobile phone or radio, you are an audiophile.
Keep listening and enjoying.
Cheers,
Raghu

Nitin K

Hi Friends,
Its really nice to know that all of us from diverse places & occupation are bound by a common hobby.
I am a commerce graduate with a diploma in programming & systems analysis & design from Mumbai University. I am into the field of animation & graphics for advertising & TV commercials for around 25 years.
The deadlines are crazy since the airing of commercials are fixed & cannot change. So to maintain my sanity :) , I need my dose of music & movies. One good aspect of my profession is that sometimes we have to visit sound studios where dubbing & music takes place & got to observe how the sound engineer mixes sound . There we get to listen to the good professional speakers especially the Dynaudio's & Genelecs But the Dynaudio's are my all time favorite & the best speakers that I have heard IMHO. I owe it to my father for igniting an interest in music in me.

Last edited:

vicky_crispy

Hi Friends,

I am Saral Srivastava, a resident of Delhi-NCR. I have done masters in Operations Management, a commerce graduate and have worked with MNC BPOs in Banking & Finance Operations for 6 years, then worked with E-commerce sector for 5 years (Jabong & OLX), and currently managing Telecom operations for a Medical & Aesthetics technology MNC - BTL Industries Inc. Based in Noida, currently managing the US-Canada Telecom Operations.
I love traveling, road trips, exploring new destinations (mostly mountains, lush greens, springs - if I may, beaches), to explore new cultures, foods, etc. A tech & automobile enthusiast since mid-teens.
PS: I ported Android on my windows Phone when it was in developing stages, and was an active member of XDA-developers while I wasn't aware what it was (Mecca for mobile developers), and how huge android will become eventually. It was challenging, thrilling and exciting stuff for me back then. Music keeps me calm, at peace and almost like doing spiritual yoga at times. I don't listen to any specific genre as such, but I have a liking for Sufi music, house music, old school rap music, hip-hop in the car, depending on the mood. I also cook sometimes, which I used to do quite often when I was younger, now I prefer eating good stuff, and thereafter plan on working out to keep things in perspective. Life is good, grateful for what I have and thrive to maintain the much needed peace in life, amidst the chaos which life brings time & again!

I am glad to have become active on this community, while I have been active on AVS forum's, TBHP, Gearheads, XDA-Developers since years.

Glad to have known a little bit about everyone who shared their information, and share a little about myself.

Last edited:

Enkay78

Hi Friends,

I am Saral Srivastava, a resident of Delhi-NCR. I have done masters in Operations Management, a commerce graduate and have worked with MNC BPOs in Banking & Finance Operations for 6 years, then worked with E-commerce sector for 5 years (Jabong & OLX), and currently managing Telecom operations for a Medical & Aesthetics technology MNC - BTL Industries Inc. Based in Noida, currently managing the US-Canada Telecom Operations.
I love traveling, road trips, exploring new destinations (mostly mountains, lush greens, springs - if I may, beaches), to explore new cultures, foods, etc. A tech & automobile enthusiast since mid-teens.
PS: I ported Android on my windows Phone when it was in developing stages, and was an active member of XDA-developers while I wasn't aware what it was (Mecca for mobile developers), and how huge android will become eventually. It was challenging, thrilling and exciting stuff for me back then. Music keeps me calm, at peace and almost like doing spiritual yoga at times. I don't listen to any specific genre as such, but I have a liking for Sufi music, house music, old school rap music, hip-hop in the car, depending on the mood. I also cook sometimes, which I used to do quite often when I was younger, now I prefer eating good stuff, and thereafter plan on working out to keep things in perspective. Life is good, grateful for what I have and thrive to maintain the much needed peace in life, amidst the chaos which life brings time & again!

I am glad to have become active on this community, while I have been active on AVS forum's, TBHP, Gearheads, XDA-Developers since years.

Glad to have known a little bit about everyone who shared their information, and share a little about myself.

Nice to see similar tastes and passion.
Was....is still a member of XDA, avsforum, .TeamBHP..I also use to tinker with custom ROMS back at the Samsung Galaxy & Galaxy 2....the cyanogenMOD days.

Was an avid programmer in 1990-1993...DOS, QBASIC, PASCAL....COBOL etc. I was really into QBasic and even made a Library software for my school but post 1994 got busy in saving lives.

This new territory of DACs, Class A/B, Class D ....and all the Tube jargons are still gobbledygook for me trying to pick up as fast possible.

SPONSORED ADS

swamytk

Hi Friends,

I am being one who bought the very first android developer phone (before coming to mass market), happy to meet you here. I use to develop and deploy app in Play store, play with custom ROM, rooting and system file hacking in random way. Nice to meet XDA man here :)

csd508868306kant

Hi All GM,
I can see all the diversity not only in music but on professional front as well. Really good to know each of them by profession.
By choice/degree I am Electrical Engineer but by chance/forced;) I am software developer, being in the industry for almost 14yrs.
From this year on so, Work life balance is good and I get time for my family and my music, though my family enjoys good music but more bothered about clutter of cables and space taken by all black boxes.
Other passion which has really grown on me is exploration of space and mysteries within it , though through only youtubes and some journals.

2 Thumbs up to @celester340 for creating this thread.

panditji

Run a small advertising firm selling innovative retail branding solutions to MNCs.. Almost all products I supply are imported and therefore so is my audio equipment... Actively into sports with a Finalist in the National Squash Over 35 category as my best result...

Also dabble in stocks and would be grateful for any tips...

himadri

Hi
I am a mechanical engineer , retired recently as general manager from the public sector Steel Authority of India Limited.Worked all these years mainly for the engineering and project consultancy wing of the company.
Cheers

ssf

Born into a family of musicians. Dad used to play the flute, Uncle, many instruments. My cousins are very good musicians.One studied music in Berkeley and is now a professional Jazz musician. Always a great time when the cousins get together, jamming. I have no music talent whatsoever. A friend who used to play in a band took pity on me and kept his drum kit at home. Dad after a while said, either the drum kit goes or you go. That was the end of my illustrious music career. Dad was a Ranji Trophy cricketer . That rubbed a tiny bit off on me. Captain of University TT for all of three years. Did not go any further. Took up Tennis. Loved it. Can't play now due to all kinds of injuries.

Wasn't a great student. Did average in College. Discovered computers in 1997. Wrote a few softwares which were sold to keep beer on the table. Computerized the corporate that am working for in 2001. Corporate got into ERP in 2011. Now am employed but jobless trying to while away time in Accounts, doing budgets and accounts. Good thing is that, it leaves me with plenty of time to enjoy my Music and Movies.

Last edited:

firearm12

An IT professional for last 12 yrs in the field of infrastructure services. Getting bored now doing same work since last many years. Music and photography are my passions and i have burned most of my money on these hobbies never sparing any chances. Something happens within me when I see a musical instrument or a chunk of optical glass. Other than that i love science and computers. learning piano and guitar in my free time. Mysteries of space is another area I am excited with.

sandeepsasi

Good to know more about FMs. I am an electronics engineer, working in Bangalore as a chip designer, in semiconductor industry. I have been a hobbyist in electronics for 20 years (since I was 13; I am not that old). I am passionate about music, and fitness. My wife and my furry friend share my passion for music.

SPONSORED ADS