The "what do I do" thread

Re: What you originally do other than being in Hifivision - Your profession/occupatio

I work as a IT security architect in a web services based IT shop. Married to a Doctor who shares my interest in movies and music. But when it comes to AV-hardware expenditure I make sure it is done on the sly :)

Re: What you originally do other than being in Hifivision - Your profession/occupatio

I am 37 year old and working for a leading business software company as program manager.
I was in Govt service for 10 years and left it for good.

Last edited:

I am 37 year old and working for a leading business software company as program manager.
I was in Govt service for 10 years and left it for good.

good on ya!

damn the communists and the (social experiment) government!:)

I am 29 yrs old and working as an Art Director in interactive agency.

- Used to sell Coca-Cola in Western U.P. (Was employed with Coke)

- Joined Cargo Industry in Delhi (1999) - (was in marketing dept of an Indian company for two years and then rest of the 6yrs with a French company)

- Currently employed with a company which charters Ship's for various tender business - (The company acts as a Broking firm & myself as a Ship Broker)

Cheers

Hi...
I am 30 years old...working as a branch manager in birla sunlife insurance co ltd...for the past 2 years...

Having experience of 7 years in selling life insurance and mutual funds..

In my past time i compose music...I am a lyricist as well a singer...i have few private albums to my credit...

married 2 years back..no kids..

Deep interest in music brought me to hi fi vision...Its a new world altogather ..and i am enjoying all you people's company...

thanks...

Hi...
I am 30 years old...working as a branch manager in birla sunlife insurance co ltd...for the past 2 years...

Having experience of 7 years in selling life insurance and mutual funds..

In my past time i compose music...I am a lyricist as well a singer...i have few private albums to my credit...

married 2 years back..no kids..

Deep interest in music brought me to hi fi vision...Its a new world altogather ..and i am enjoying all you people's company...

thanks...

great to know

which are your albums

missed this one

very intereseting thread , thanks to venkatesh

Am 40 , probably one of the few doctors here

Maxillo facial surgeon ( BDS, MDS,MBBS) was into dentistry, branched out to Maxillofacial surgery 10yrs back

Attached to few hospitals in bangalore and various dental clinics
Also into academics ,attached to Bapuji dental college in Davangere as Professor ,Dept of maxillofacial surgery

single , one son Siddharth ,9 yrs old

2010 has been a action packed year (total filmy style) where i had to fight it out for the Legal custody of my kid and WON ,thanks to a great guy from cochin who helped me through out the proceedings in the last couple of months when i had to stay holed up in cochin

have been into movies/music as a kid and now addicted to hi-fi gadgets , can see the same happening with my kid too!!

Last edited:

missed this one

very intereseting thread , thanks to venkatesh

Maxillo facial surgeon ( BDS, MDS,MBBS) was into dentistry, branched out to Maxillofacial surgery 10yrs back

Attached to few hospitals in bangalore and various dental clinics
Also into academics ,attached to Bapuji dental college in Davangere as Professor ,Dept of maxillofacial surgery

single , one son Siddharth ,9 yrs old

2010 has been a action packed year (total filmy style) where i had to fight it out for the Legal custody of my kid and WON ,thanks to a great guy from cochin who helped me through out the proceedings in the last couple of months when i had to stay holed up in cochin

have been into movies/music as a kid and now addicted to hi-fi gadgets , can see the same happening with my kid too!!

Hi,

I didnt knew you were a doctor! Great to have another doctor here! As stated, we, our company, work for US hospitals/clinics helping them with medical records, billing, claims, etc., so I have opportunities to communicate and befriend a good deal of docs in US.

As a law student, I can imagine the whole process and pain involved in! Anyway, I am glad that you won it and wish you and your "hero" all the luck for your future endeavors! My attachment with the forum and its members are getting closer day by day!

Cheers!

missed this one

!

Thats gr8, a super speciality Doctor with us.:clapping:

Continuing this interesting thread about us,

I am into telecom sector for past 15 years. Married with two children, better half (not a audiophile:indifferent14:) is now into Academics after a long break from corporate career as needed to care for the growing up kids.

Cheers

I am 51 yrs old & married. I am a mechanical design engineer by profession & equity investment dabbler by choice. Handle a lot of difficult design assignments with my team.

Wife handles the day to day running of the investment side.

Love to drive - mostly to new places every time. Have been driving like mad from 1980, except for a 10 year break in between due to business problems. Have taught my wife map reading & some basic navigation tricks. So she is busy planning our next few driving trips. We plan to do 2 long road trips every year. Last one we did was in 2008 - was a 2900 km drive from Pune to Kerala border & back - covering all offbeat places. Had to take a break in 2009 due to recession. Have to cover more of northern india now. One trip to Leh is a must.

Am now building up my AV system. Currently in planning & money collection phase. Also used to do a lot of gardening & photography. Don't get time for that but wife has been bitten by those bugs.

Plan to retire to a lakeside farm (for flowers & exotic plants). Place identified, need to collect the moolah.

WOW, I dont know how I missed this thread but read through all of it now. Its so nice to know about everyone and good to see that music does not belong to a particular age or region or profession. One trend as many noticed its mostly men who are part of the forum. I am sure there will be ladies also into Hi Fi.

About me, 34 years old, married for 4 years and have a 1.5 year young angel. I am engineer by profession and working for a MNC in Pune. I am into IT Infrastructure management arena. My passion is electronics, driving, music n movies.

Abt, family, wife was a junior college teacher but quit after marriage (It was her decision). Now mom and wife collaborate into home making. Father is retired govt officer.

Last edited:

Great thread. These are the threads which I enjoy reading the most. :)

I have an engineering degree in computer science. I started my career as a software programmer around six years ago. I work with an automotive portal as an AVP of product. I have gained knowledge in the field of web programming, project management, user experience, UI and web marketing.

I live in Navi Mumbai. I'm not married yet.

Hi,

Anyone running a matrimonial bureau! (no pun intended) I am sure at least a handful would be interested to know including me!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Cheers!

Last edited:

Interesting thread. I'm 57, with degrees in Economics and Management, have run my own company( mfg rubber products) for many years, moved into BPO, headed( Country head) a company which was a wholly owned subsidiary of a US company for many years. Currently have my own company owning commercial property and consult part time with a Big 4 accounting firm. Two sons educated in India and the US, both working there. Wife and I enjoy travelling, both in India and abroad, and also enjoy golf, reading, audio and hifi. Love by invest in upgrades-both golf and hifi. Wife is very supportive.

Love by invest in upgrades-both golf and hifi. .

Good to see another golfer here GeorgeO:). What's your handicap btw? I am at 18 and hope to knock it down to 14 or 15 in the next year or so by improving my short game. I play at-least 2 times a week.
Cheers,
Sid

Hi all,

Happy to be a part of such an elite class of like-minded souls!!!

I am working with a leading Telecom Company handling sales with a total work experience of 10 years.Married to a very lovely lady from Kottayam, and she is working as an Admin manager in an Insurance company here at Trivandrum. Son is 4years now..

Cheers.

RENJITH,
Trivandrum.

Well im in the event management industry working for a company call Fountainhead events in Mumbai one of the top 5 agencies in India been working for the last 6 yrs. Any of u guys heard of the one tree music festival tht happens in Mumbai and meet alot of artist from spyrogrya , buddyguy, earth wind and fire, Kool and the gang , blues brothers , Inxs , Al jearreau, George Duke , Ravi Coltrane , Earl Klugh, Jose Feliciano , 50 cent , Paul Vyn Dyke Bernard Alison and Chico and the Gypsy (Gypsy Kings) thses are the events i have worked on any of u guys been for theses concert in Mumbai

Regards
Legin

Back