The "what do I do" thread

Hi Friends,

I am Saral Srivastava, a resident of Delhi-NCR. I have done masters in Operations Management, a commerce graduate and have worked with MNC BPOs in Banking & Finance Operations for 6 years, then worked with E-commerce sector for 5 years (Jabong & OLX), and currently managing Telecom operations for a Medical & Aesthetics technology MNC - BTL Industries Inc. Based in Noida, currently managing the US-Canada Telecom Operations.
I love traveling, road trips, exploring new destinations (mostly mountains, lush greens, springs - if I may, beaches), to explore new cultures, foods, etc. A tech & automobile enthusiast since mid-teens.
PS: I ported Android on my windows Phone when it was in developing stages, and was an active member of XDA-developers while I wasn't aware what it was (Mecca for mobile developers), and how huge android will become eventually. It was challenging, thrilling and exciting stuff for me back then. Music keeps me calm, at peace and almost like doing spiritual yoga at times. I don't listen to any specific genre as such, but I have a liking for Sufi music, house music, old school rap music, hip-hop in the car, depending on the mood. I also cook sometimes, which I used to do quite often when I was younger, now I prefer eating good stuff, and thereafter plan on working out to keep things in perspective. Life is good, grateful for what I have and thrive to maintain the much needed peace in life, amidst the chaos which life brings time & again!

I am glad to have become active on this community, while I have been active on AVS forum's, TBHP, Gearheads, XDA-Developers since years.

Glad to have known a little bit about everyone who shared their information, and share a little about myself.

Nice to see similar tastes and passion.
Was....is still a member of XDA, avsforum, .TeamBHP..I also use to tinker with custom ROMS back at the Samsung Galaxy & Galaxy 2....the cyanogenMOD days.

Was an avid programmer in 1990-1993...DOS, QBASIC, PASCAL....COBOL etc. I was really into QBasic and even made a Library software for my school but post 1994 got busy in saving lives.

This new territory of DACs, Class A/B, Class D ....and all the Tube jargons are still gobbledygook for me trying to pick up as fast possible.

Hi Friends,

I am Saral Srivastava, a resident of Delhi-NCR. I have done masters in Operations Management, a commerce graduate and have worked with MNC BPOs in Banking & Finance Operations for 6 years, then worked with E-commerce sector for 5 years (Jabong & OLX), and currently managing Telecom operations for a Medical & Aesthetics technology MNC - BTL Industries Inc. Based in Noida, currently managing the US-Canada Telecom Operations.
I love traveling, road trips, exploring new destinations (mostly mountains, lush greens, springs - if I may, beaches), to explore new cultures, foods, etc. A tech & automobile enthusiast since mid-teens.
PS: I ported Android on my windows Phone when it was in developing stages, and was an active member of XDA-developers while I wasn't aware what it was (Mecca for mobile developers), and how huge android will become eventually. It was challenging, thrilling and exciting stuff for me back then. Music keeps me calm, at peace and almost like doing spiritual yoga at times. I don't listen to any specific genre as such, but I have a liking for Sufi music, house music, old school rap music, hip-hop in the car, depending on the mood. I also cook sometimes, which I used to do quite often when I was younger, now I prefer eating good stuff, and thereafter plan on working out to keep things in perspective. Life is good, grateful for what I have and thrive to maintain the much needed peace in life, amidst the chaos which life brings time & again!

I am glad to have become active on this community, while I have been active on AVS forum's, TBHP, Gearheads, XDA-Developers since years.

Glad to have known a little bit about everyone who shared their information, and share a little about myself.
I am being one who bought the very first android developer phone (before coming to mass market), happy to meet you here. I use to develop and deploy app in Play store, play with custom ROM, rooting and system file hacking in random way. Nice to meet XDA man here :)

Run a small advertising firm selling innovative retail branding solutions to MNCs.. Almost all products I supply are imported and therefore so is my audio equipment... Actively into sports with a Finalist in the National Squash Over 35 category as my best result...

Also dabble in stocks and would be grateful for any tips...

Born into a family of musicians. Dad used to play the flute, Uncle, many instruments. My cousins are very good musicians.One studied music in Berkeley and is now a professional Jazz musician. Always a great time when the cousins get together, jamming. I have no music talent whatsoever. A friend who used to play in a band took pity on me and kept his drum kit at home. Dad after a while said, either the drum kit goes or you go. That was the end of my illustrious music career. Dad was a Ranji Trophy cricketer . That rubbed a tiny bit off on me. Captain of University TT for all of three years. Did not go any further. Took up Tennis. Loved it. Can't play now due to all kinds of injuries.

Wasn't a great student. Did average in College. Discovered computers in 1997. Wrote a few softwares which were sold to keep beer on the table. Computerized the corporate that am working for in 2001. Corporate got into ERP in 2011. Now am employed but jobless trying to while away time in Accounts, doing budgets and accounts. Good thing is that, it leaves me with plenty of time to enjoy my Music and Movies.

Last edited:
An IT professional for last 12 yrs in the field of infrastructure services. Getting bored now doing same work since last many years. Music and photography are my passions and i have burned most of my money on these hobbies never sparing any chances. Something happens within me when I see a musical instrument or a chunk of optical glass. Other than that i love science and computers. learning piano and guitar in my free time. Mysteries of space is another area I am excited with.

Good to know more about FMs. I am an electronics engineer, working in Bangalore as a chip designer, in semiconductor industry. I have been a hobbyist in electronics for 20 years (since I was 13; I am not that old). I am passionate about music, and fitness. My wife and my furry friend share my passion for music.

Hello. Studying and a desk job were never my forte, barely managed to push myself over the graduation (B Com) finish line. Started working on the Oil rigs in 1989 - both offshore and onshore from scratch till my last job on the rigs as a Drilling Supervisor in 2015. Now a Technical & Well Control Instructor in the Oil & Gas Industry, trying to teach the ropes to the lads since. The diversity of FM's united by the common love for Audio is just mind-boggling. So glad to be here. Cheers.

My day job involves coding AV streamer/player/transcoder software. Till a few years back it was all in-house written components (free of open source components) for IP (Intellectual Property) sale. Btw, now we have a SaaS solution and this uses quite a few open source media components as well and we have open sourced many of the IP's as well...

Last edited:
Surprised and happy to see such a diverse group of music lovers :)

Another Electronics and Electrical Engineer here. Chose to complete masters as I didn't want to sit in front of a desk that early in my life. Currently into design and validation of dedicated graphic cards for a semiconductor giant. By hobby, I'm a flutist and a photographer. After long hours of work and commute, listening to music gives me my daily dose of elixir.

Graduated in Electrical Engineering and now working with India's first premier superport " Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust" since last 26 years. Various responsibilities carried within the service period but now working as Container Vessel Planner . Passionate about music from the day my father gifted me Aiwa Walkman in August 1992. Thank you Father for introducing me with such a wonderful hobby.

Graduated in Electrical Engineering and now working with India's first premier superport " Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust" since last 26 years. Various responsibilities carried within the service period but now working as Container Vessel Planner . Passionate about music from the day my father gifted me Aiwa Walkman in August 1992. Thank you Father for introducing me with such a wonderful hobby.

Good to know a fellow music enthusiast from the Port community. 31 years in New Mangalore Port Trust.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back