The "what do I do" thread

I’m a freelance cinematographer based out of Bombay. 30 years old. Just finished shooting an independent film. These days most of the work consists of web commercials.

Got my first HiFi system less than a year ago.
Like most 90’s kids, I realised I like music and am interested in how it sounds because of AR Rahman.
Still remember how the entire cinema hall would sing Roja in unison when I watched it as a kid and it had a huge impact on me.
These days I listen to jazz, blues, rock n roll, ghazals and of course, AR Rahman.
Cheers!

Hi Friends
Graduated in Computer Science 20+ years back. Did PG also in Software engg. But DIY audio always excites me more than anything else. Looking forward to learning and sharing here. Working in BHEL. Stationed at Kapurthala, Punjab

Thanks
Regards

Vishal

Very interesting - what kind of adventure tourism? If it includes paddling (flat-water or open sea) please let me know.

We do a bit of flat water kayaking, but not much. Would be happy to connect with you. Ping me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I am a User Experience designer working with an IT company. I have over 15+ years of experience in designing experiences for software and mobile applications.

It's great to be on this forum.

Regards,
Giscard

By profession I am just a Mechanical Engineer, & I working as a Manager in a gear pump manufacturing firm. The DIY "Keeda" for music brought me here. I am mostly active in DIY section.

Sadik
Dear Sadik your humbleness is quite pure! Only you have used a word that is ... Just

I am a Youngish Newbie. I have worked for 27 years in the Automobile Industry. Name the brand and I probably worked with them. I absolutely love my work and there are few professions that I can imagine bringing me the joy I get being around cars.

My work allows me to travel all around the world on work and that adds to the joy of my eclectic mind. I write, read, teach, dabble with technology and eat whatever my wife and 2 daughters, all 3 accomplished cooks, experiment with in the kitchen.

Very few people I have met that are as content with their lives as I am.

Ironic that I chose to write about "what I do" (hopefully will not have to revisit this thread again with a new entry ;) ) during these difficult times.

I was/am a Lawyer by training and practiced law in Courts for just over 5 years. Packed up and moved to the hills and it has now been 7 years.

Ran a Bar and restaurant here and sang "Hey Jude" and "Piano Man" a lot with the patrons. Have a small cafe now where I play music and indulge in a lot of chit chat and some sometimes more meaningful conversations with guests.
All in all, it's a nice peaceful existence here but I now love going to the mall when I am in the city which is a couple of times a year.

Last edited:
Ironic that I chose to write about "what I do" (hopefully will not have to revisit this thread again with a new entry ;) ) during these difficult times.

I was/am a Lawyer by training and practiced law in Courts for just over 5 years. Packed up and moved to the hills and it has now been 7 years.

Ran a Bar and restaurant here and sang "Hey Jude" and "Piano Man" a lot with the patrons. Have a small cafe now where I play music and indulge in a lot of chit chat and some sometimes more meaningful conversations with guests.
All in all, it's a nice peaceful existence here but I now love going to the mall when I am in the city which is a couple of times a year.

So you went from one ‘bar’ to another ‘bar’! ;) And then sung those two songs ‘bar bar’!

What you are doing now must be a dream of many of us... me included. Hope to visit your cafe one day!

Last edited by a moderator:

That's awesome, you are living a dream!
I can imagine.. scene from Casablanca and you playing "As the time goes by" :)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back