The What Hi Fi Show 2013!

This is looking like a 'full house'

WHAT HI FI? SHOW 2013

I do not see a few D & D's [ones I would have liked to have seen]
But, it is a good start - none the less.

Maybe they are there & their names have been overlooked...

Dynaudio / Meridian / Goldmund / Harbeth / B & W / Evolution Acoustics / Electrocompaniet / Playback Design etc. etc.

I am sure they will be present - this is an important show for them to miss...

All the Best to What Hi Fi !
Wednesday the fun will start..

Hi all, sorry for the delay, haven't been on the forum for a few days...

Thanks all for the wishes... And kapvin, yes you're entitled to three passes. If you can message us your Magzter subscription codes on either the Stuff or WHF FB account, we'll have your passes sent to you, or work out some way where you can collect them at the venue.

Passes can be booked online if you like, but they'll also be on sale at the venue. There are token risks attached to buying directly at the venue, but from a realistic point of view there's nothing to worry about and you're almost entirely assured of your pass even if you come without advance bookings :D

Last edited:
I would like to go, if there are more people from Pune to share fuel and toll costs. Folks at Pune -?????

My Test CD's are 'ready'
Looking forward tot he show on the 17th - 10th floor of the Trident @ BKC :-
Uploaded with ImageShack.com
These are the tracks I am taking with me...
:clapping:
The rooms are a bit too small - hope all the participants have got speakers in accordance - just scared of 'room bleed' & 'bass boom' !

The 2 CD's that I will take with me :-

Hope it 'suffices'
Not much of Western Classical or Indian Classical - but this should give me some idea...I hope..
1st time I am carrying a CDR to a Show - never have I done it in the past...

I would like to go, if there are more people from Pune to share fuel and toll costs. Folks at Pune -?????

Come on Friday - Stay the Night - Attend the Show on 2 days.
Also visit the Car Show - Should be fun.
I am sure you will meet 'like minded' persons.

Do it because you want to - it will help you to 'widen' your horizon - forget others.

It is a nice chance to attend a Show in India - after a long time & there are a few rooms with good gear going in....

If there was a Show in Pune & I stayed in Mumbai - I would surely attend...:licklips:

Ohh I am jealous of you guys.....sounds like it is going to be great!
Love your test CDs Mahzer! Give us a good report of the big boys too :)

Ohh I am jealous of you guys.....sounds like it is going to be great!
Love your test CDs Mahzer! Give us a good report of the big boys too :)

I shall try;
From what little I heard today - the Tannoy & the PMC's sounded good to my 'tin' ears.
More tomorrow.

I am sure lots of FM's will attend & will post pics....
There is a lot of 'serious' audio gear on display.
Should be fun times - next few days...:yahoo:

The Burmester Room looked impressive.
Even the Revel [bit too big for the small room] looked good with the Mark Levinson's

There is a lot of 'eye' candy @ the Show.

If there are any 'fence' sitters - please do wake up & come - the show looks to be promising.

The Rooms are Small & there is a lot of glass, but if the gear is installed well, it can play good.
Will need some effort - but it can be achieved.

p.s. Do remember to get your software - CD's i.e. To test the gear.

I am personally looking forward tot he Bryston Room - the New Speaker is there & I have not
heard it - as yet - so it will be a 1st for me....[too cluttered for my taste - but at least I will get a chance to
listen to the Bryston Speaker] ! looking forward to that...

Last edited:
Show is ready to go, guys! Preparations are in full swing and we'll be ready to kick off tomorrow morning, hope to see as many people as can make it over the next 4 days :D

Is there anything for the HT guys?

Yes;
Actually the HT guys got [rather will get] a 'raw' deal.
95 % ++ of the Indian Audio Market is dominated by HT & the Show has only 75 % HT Rooms.
There are about 10 rooms that are dedicated to 2 channel.
Sad for me...

But, you guys that like HT - there are lots of options - do remember to carry your BR Disc for the demo.
Some huge Display Devices are there too.
Should be good for you guys too....[a bit too loud for my taste]
:D

I am personally looking forward tot he Bryston Room - the New Speaker is there & I have not
heard it - as yet - so it will be a 1st for me....[too cluttered for my taste - but at least I will get a chance to
listen to the Bryston Speaker] ! looking forward to that...

Kindly post your opinion on the Bryston speakers. Lot of positive press about these including the recently conducted RMAF. I would have loved to attend but work pressure is not permitting me. I will try to audition with local dealers if they get a pair.
Cheers,
Sid

Does the place have parking facilities? I am assuming that Saturday it'd be quite crowded and parking in BKC is always a nightmare.

There is a parking facility ( 10 floors) if I am not wrong, right next to trident. Charges are steep, but its convenient. :)

Anyone from Pune interested in going there on Saturday? We can start around 7:00am, reach by 10:30am. Start return by 4:00pm at pune by 7:30pm. I'll bring my Vento.

I am definitely interested in sharing fuel and toll costs. Won't go alone, as it'll be too expensive.

Today i hve visited the show.....its a great show
really impressed with Definitive technology, legacy, klipisch, Monitor Audior and Dali ikon6

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back