The World's First Ultra HD TV is now available in India!

LGWRSherlock

Hi guys, LG WRman Sherlock here,

Great news! The awesome LG World Record Ultra HD TV is now available in India! And she's beauty! :yahoo: You can check it out on our official site here: LG 84LM9600 ULTRA DEFINATION CINEMA 3D SMART TV - Worlds first 84 Ultra HD TV - LG Electronics IN

And here is a news report by Tech2 on the release:

LG Electronics launches 84-inch Ultra HD 3D TV in India

lg_text_231731068960_640x360.jpg

LG Electronics India today announced the 84-inch (84.04 inches diagonal) Ultra HD 3D TV, boasting of a native 'ultra definition' (UD) screen resolution of 3840 x 2160. As per an official statement, LGs Ultra HD 3D TV is the companys response to growing consumer demand for larger, more immersive home TVs with greater functionality.

Soon Kwon, MD, LG Electronics India Pvt Ltd, said, LGs 84 inch Ultra HD 3 TV represents a whole new level of home viewing experience because it offers every advanced technology we currently have to offer. Technology and design are key factors behind LG Home Entertainment products. With four times the pixel resolution of todays HDTVs, ultra-HD technology promises to transform the home entertainment experience on giant displays, truly recreating the movie theater in your living room. Ultra-definition television will transform the giant-screen viewing experience in the years ahead, and LG is proud to bring this new technology to the Indian market so that consumers can enjoy a fully immersive experience.

Beyond the 84-inch screen, this model features LGs Cinema 3D technology, which LG claims provides a comfortable 3D viewing experience similar to what consumers experience in the theatre.

LG Smart TV features LGs '3D World', where users can access 3D content. Users can browse and navigate through the Smart TV ecosystem using LGs four-mode Magic Remote, which has Premium Content, Home Dashboard, Smart Share Plus, and voice recognition.

LGs new 84-inch Ultra HD 3D TV includes connectivity options. In addition to built-in Wi-Fi, it supports Intels Wireless Display (WiDi) technology, which enables connectivity between TVs and PCs without the need for cables or Internet access. With Smart Share Plus, users can access content stored on external devices such as PCs, tablets, and smartphones through a portal on the TV.""

Source: LG Electronics launches 84-inch Ultra HD 3D TV in India

Yeah, I'm aware that it's a little bit pricey as the Ultra HD TV is till a novelty at the moment. Hopefully we will be able to get the price down soon. For the moment though, this seems like a good TV for office setting. Someone I know is actually thinking about asking his boss to buy this TV for online conference with business partners and, get this, showing it off to potential clients when they come in for meetings and contract signing. :D

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Is this Ultra HD TV 4K? And is the rumor that LG has already received a few advance orders for LM9600 correct?

Did this Ultra HD TV LM9600 win some award in a consumer show in 2012?

Other companies like Sony and Samsung too are producing such TVs; but I am not sure about the commercial viability of the same. Or perhaps such products like the Ultra High definition LM9600 are like the Rolls Royce of TVs that only a few can afford and others can only gasp in amazement. Still waiting for an answer for my earlier query.

Hey lakshit, information about our clients' orders are kept undisclosed to protect their privacy so I cannot (officially) inform you of the advance orders. But I can tell you that the LG World Record Ultra HD TVs have already been available since November 1st and since then, there have been definitely purchases of this awesome product :D.

Also what you say about the price of the TV is only partially right. It is true that it costs quite a lot when you look at it in the short-term future. However, if you look at it as a long-term investment, you will see that the TV is not that unreachable. This giant 3D Smart TV will last you a long time while providing you and the family endless hours of entertainment. And with this giant screen at home, you probably wouldn't have to spend so much on going to the theater anymore since you already have your own at home :D. A fair deal, no?

LG WRman Sherlock out!

I remember reading an article on an Australian website about the first ever sale of the 84 inch LM9600 Ultra HD TV (in Australia) - the delivery was to be done with much fanfare and journalists were invited to witness the show - with red carpets and all. At the very end, the prospective buyer developed cold feet - and cancelled the order!

I hope the scenario is not repeated in India!

Hey lakshit, information about our clients' orders are kept undisclosed to protect their privacy so I cannot (officially) inform you of the advance orders. But I can tell you that the LG World Record Ultra HD TVs have already been available since November 1st and since then, there have been definitely purchases of this awesome product :D.

Also what you say about the price of the TV is only partially right. It is true that it costs quite a lot when you look at it in the short-term future. However, if you look at it as a long-term investment, you will see that the TV is not that unreachable. This giant 3D Smart TV will last you a long time while providing you and the family endless hours of entertainment. And with this giant screen at home, you probably wouldn't have to spend so much on going to the theater anymore since you already have your own at home :D. A fair deal, no?

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Out of sheer curiosity: After spending 17L on this TV set, exactly how would one obtain 4K content for it on a regular basis? :eek:
It's not like one can go in to any Music World/Planet M store and pick up a "blu-ray for 4K" :p disc off the shelf.

Last edited:
I remember reading an article on an Australian website about the first ever sale of the 84 inch LM9600 Ultra HD TV (in Australia) - the delivery was to be done with much fanfare and journalists were invited to witness the show - with red carpets and all. At the very end, the prospective buyer developed cold feet - and cancelled the order!

I hope the scenario is not repeated in India!

Ooh, where did you read that rumor? Is there a TV gossip website that I should know about? Tell me! Haha, I'm not actually aware of that. But even if it were true, then I don't think it's very significant. The LG World Record Ultra HD TV is still a very freshman in the TV industry and I have no doubt it will take a while for it to get comfortable in the global smart TV scene. But once it does, and when people start to realize how amazing the quality and the viewing satisfaction it can bring, then oh boy, just might you wait!

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Out of sheer curiosity: After spending 17L on this TV set, exactly how would one obtain 4K content for it on a regular basis? :eek:
It's not like one can go in to any Music World/Planet M store and pick up a "blu-ray for 4K" :p disc off the shelf.

Hey KDM, yep, you're exactly right! 4K broadcasting has not yet been available yet. However, the LG World Record Ultra HD TV has a built-in Resolution Upscaler Plus that can transform HD content into near perfect 4K content to fit the size of the TV screen. LG is also working to provide native 4K content to elevate the TV experience of our customers. In the near future, there will definitely be 4K broadcasting available for your viewing pleasure (in fact, there is already testing of 4K content broadcast in the UK as of right now).

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Hey KDM, yep, you're exactly right! 4K broadcasting has not yet been available yet. However, the LG World Record Ultra HD TV has a built-in Resolution Upscaler Plus that can transform HD content into near perfect 4K content to fit the size of the TV screen. LG is also working to provide native 4K content to elevate the TV experience of our customers. In the near future, there will definitely be 4K broadcasting available for your viewing pleasure (in fact, there is already testing of 4K content broadcast in the UK as of right now).

LG WRman Sherlock out!

"Near perfect" is the keyword here. As far as I am concerned, upscaled content on this Ultra HD TV will never be comparable to native 4K content.:eek:hyeah:

Precisely, without the content keeping pace, why are electronic companies blazing a trail in technological advancements? And why the supply-side bottlenecks? :confused:

Well, we just have to make do with what we have now :D. In case you guys want to check out 4K footage. Watch this video: LG 84" ULTRA HD TV - YouTube Choose 'Original' as your resolution. It's shot in authentic 4K resolution so you can see what you will get with the LG World Record Ultra HD TV :D.

LG WRman Sherlock out!

The siblings of the LG World Record Ultra HD TV, the 55 and 65 inch 4K TV, will see the light of day soon at the 2013 International CES. Check out this eyes-on report from Engadget, guys: LG's 65-inch 4K display, eyes-on This model will definitely be more affordable than the Ultra HD TV. There will also be a 30-inch 4K monitor for gaming and visual enthusiasts out there. More info on its official release will be updated after CES.

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Any plans to introduce the ultra high definition or 4K TV of LG in smaller screen sizes? That will make it less expensive and an easy buy for middle class consumers. I wonder why is there a race between electronics companies to make bigger and bigger TV rather than providing the same new features in smaller and affordable screen sizes?

Yes, lakshit, LG is bringing its latest 55 inch and 65 inch 4K TV to CES 2013! You can see an eyes-on report of the 65 inch Ultra HD TV in my previous post. It's one of our efforts this year to bring more affordable but still quality and awesome products to our customers! The price tags for these new models are not yet released but I believe we will have a clearer picture after CES ends after this week.

LG WRman Sherlock out!

As we know there are hardly 4k content available nowadays. So in this context, is LG planning any special step towards 4k content or it will stick with up-scaling feature only?

As we know there are hardly 4k content available nowadays. So in this context, is LG planning any special step towards 4k content or it will stick with up-scaling feature only?

Hey madhur45, it's true that HD content is still the dominant format for TV broadcast today. We will not see an overnight transformation of the entire broadcast industry into 4K but I assure you there will definitely be changes and 4K content will start to develop and go mainstream some time soon in the near future. When HDTVs first came out in the market, there was also no content available to watch but see where we are now, HD films and programs are everywhere. Steps are being taken to ensure that there will be a smooth transition period to 4K content. Some TV broadcast station has already started on the testing phase. You can read about it here: 4K TV broadcast being tested in the UK - FlatpanelsHD As for LG, this issue has been vigorously discussed. I cannot tell you about the details but rest assured that it won't be long until a consistent and quality source of 4K content will be available.

LG WRman Sherlock out!

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back