This is it!! MJ fans - Will you be there?

santhosh

Anybody plan to watch "This is it" screening? For those who did not know, there is a limited 2 week screening of Michael Jackson's "This is it" in your local cinema theaters.

I booked tickets for tonight's 8 PM show at PVR Cinemas. I will be there wihth my family. If anyone from HFV have booked themselves for the same show, please PM me and we could meet up before/after the show. It will be a pleasure to put a face on the name.

RIP Michael!! You will live on in our hearts forever.

Excerpts from Yahoo News:
Michael Jackson fans around the world flocked to screenings of "This Is It" on Wednesday, many dressed as their idol or in costumes from Jackson music videos, as they bid a final farewell to the King of Pop.

"This Is It" was culled from 80 hours of film of the singer's rehearsals for 50 London concerts planned for July which the media dubbed a "comeback tour".

After a star-studded opening in Los Angeles on Tuesday night and premieres in 16 other cities, the highly publicised film was to go on show in up to 99 countries by Wednesday, expanding to about 110 territories by the weekend.

"We have to celebrate his life, celebrate his legacy and that's what this documentary is all about," Teddy Riley, who produced Jackson's "Dangerous" album, told reporters on the red carpet at Sydney's premiere on Wednesday.

Read on...
"This Is It" for Michael Jackson fans globally - Yahoo! India News

Moderators: If a similar link exists elsewhere, kindly merge it.

Well, there are always two sides to every story and every body is entitled to their views. My opinion is that one should not blame just the promoters of the tour as they have invested crazy sums of money. I am sure most would agree with me that MJ is also to blame for the way he mis-managed his life - especially his finances and health. Call me selfish if you like, but we have been deprived of atleast two more albums by him if not for this carelessness. Talent like MJ's is rare. Unfortunately, success does crazy things to us human-beings.

About the screening, I see it as a rare opportunity to see my idol perform albeit a rehearsal. This considering we have not seen him peform atleast for the last 5 years. Also, it is a world premiere and as an ardent MJ Fan, I would have preferred to watch it "First Day First Show". I missed this thanks to the mis-informed staff at PVR Cinemas. I am sure this documentary will be sold on DVDs and Blu-Ray soon, but I just can't wait until then.

Well, there are always two sides to every story and every body is entitled to their views. My opinion is that one should not blame just the promoters of the tour as they have invested crazy sums of money. I am sure most would agree with me that MJ is also to blame for the way he mis-managed his life - especially his finances and health. Call me selfish if you like, but we have been deprived of atleast two more albums by him if not for this carelessness. Talent like MJ's is rare. Unfortunately, success does crazy things to us human-beings.

About the screening, I see it as a rare opportunity to see my idol perform albeit a rehearsal. This considering we have not seen him peform atleast for the last 5 years. Also, it is a world premiere and as an ardent MJ Fan, I would have preferred to watch it "First Day First Show". I missed this thanks to the mis-informed staff at PVR Cinemas. I am sure this documentary will be sold on DVDs and Blu-Ray soon, but I just can't wait until then.

I'm watching this today in the evening will come back and post my views...

I'm watching this today in the evening will come back and post my views...
Just returned from the show and am full of owe for "The King of Pop". A fantastic depiction of what could have been one of the best shows in the world. One can see the amount of hard work that MJ and his crew had put in.

I did not feel at any point that the movie was trying to coverup the fact that organisers were over-straining him. He is beyond any of those. He was so involved in almost everything for "This is it", right from auditioning and selecting the dancers, co-singers, choreography, music, ligthing, creativity and even direction. The director kept checking with him if he was alright with a particular arrangement and only after he affirms would something proceed.

The documentaty contains full rehearsals of popular numbers like Thriller, Billy Jean, Man in the mirror, Black or White, Earth Song etc. PVR was almost full for this show and everyone present clapped for this "Billy Jean" performance. "This is it", his new song was also played towards the end.

This is a must watch for MJ fans. I will be watching this atleast once more before it goes off-screen in two weeks.

Just returned from the show and am full of owe for "The King of Pop". A fantastic depiction of what could have been one of the best shows in the world. One can see the amount of hard work that MJ and his crew had put in.

I did not feel at any point that the movie was trying to coverup the fact that organisers were over-straining him. He is beyond any of those. He was so involved in almost everything for "This is it", right from auditioning and selecting the dancers, co-singers, choreography, music, ligthing, creativity and even direction. The director kept checking with him if he was alright with a particular arrangement and only after he affirms would something proceed.

The documentaty contains full rehearsals of popular numbers like Thriller, Billy Jean, Man in the mirror, Black or White, Earth Song etc. PVR was almost full for this show and everyone present clapped for this "Billy Jean" performance. "This is it", his new song was also played towards the end.

This is a must watch for MJ fans. I will be watching this atleast once more before it goes off-screen in two weeks.

Santhosh,

Good to hear the first review about MJ's This is it.. Will plan for this weekend..

Thanks

Went for late night show, "The King just conquered", left the cinema hall in silence totally emotional and unable to talk. I saw the human side of the King, his humbleness, his god bless you and love you.

Amazing documentary that shows the perfectionist he is and the knowledge he has in his music and the passion. The perfection was highlighted when he explains the music note that sounded little high (seriously it didnt for me). The music was little fast, the king says "the music should be like moonlight" tears is all I had.

There is a one King and let him rest in peace.

Thanks to the director, he clearly passed the message of "Heal the world". Well done, true to MJ documentary :clapping:

How I wish he took care of his health!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s: Dont leave the cinema hall when credits start, wait till it ends, you will see few more snippets of the king and his last message and the famous walk logo of his.

Last edited:
Went for late night show, "The King just conquered", left the cinema hall in silence totally emotional and unable to talk. I saw the human side of the King, his humbleness, his god bless you and love you.
That is so true. Never before have we seen him like this because he has been media-shy in the last few years. The arrangements must have been very good as one could see that he felt very comfortable and at peace during the rehearsals.
Amazing documentary that shows the perfectionist he is and the knowledge he has in his music and the passion. The perfection was highlighted when he explains the music note that sounded little high (seriously it didnt for me). The music was little fast, the king says "the music should be like moonlight" tears is all I had.
It is amazing how detailed his instructions are. He has everything chalked out in his head - the dance steps, the music, the lighting, the props et all. The co-ordination of all these factors and more creates the magical experience that we know MJ for. We could make out that he looked weak (only because he have seen him in better health). One can see from his practice that some of his dance steps are very taxing physically and never did he show any signs of weakness whilst performing. His performance of "Billie Jean" gave me goosebumps and tears out of awe.

How I wish he took care of his health!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You have said this very nicely. When I read one of my own previous posts(Post #3) last night after the show, I realised I had typed it out of anger for the way he neglected his health. Finances - MJ knows best, what we know is not the true picture.

p.s: Dont leave the cinema hall when credits start, wait till it ends, you will see few more snippets of the king and his last message and the famous walk logo of his.
I normally leave the cinema when credits start, but for not for this one. I was emotionally moved and had tears in my eyes. I wanted to sit there for a while.

For me MJ has always been very big. The show reinforced this and also corrected me that Michael was much much larger than what I thought him to be - as a singer, as a dancer, as a thinker, as a showman and as a person.

Last edited:
The show reinforced this and also corrected me that Michael was much much larger than what I thought him to be - as a singer, as a dancer, as a thinker, as a showman and as a person.

And as a Human Being! Thats too when he talks about earth and what we are doing to it, you just know he is talking from his heart straight and not some speech!

Hi santhol and ram,

Great reviews there.Yes apart from the great musician he is it is his humility that
has amazed me always. ram, you have mirrored my exact feelings about him not taking care of his health.He owed it to all his fans. His re entry would have made a storm i am sure.

Have booked at sathyam on coming Monday.Going along with my son, who is a great fan of MJ and a close friend,an atheist,who thinks MJ is God.:)

cheers,
sri

I am sure you would love it, and his friend will be an emotional wreck if he really think MJ is God, bcos he will find reasons why it is true :)

If Love = God, MJ = Love, MJ = God :yahoo:

LOL...sorry for that...in fact I was the last to leave only bcos my friends dragged me out, else would have just stood there

When I saw this in the theater, I had wondered, how great this is going to sound on BD. But, even I had not anticipated how great the BD actually sounds. For anyone who has even a slight liking for Michael Jackson's music, this is an absolute must own Blu-ray, for Sony has truelly provided a fantastic audio track on this BD. Ofcourse, the film/documentary itself is also very entertaining and gives an insight into what was obviously going to be one heck of a show. Oh! what I wouldn't give, to have been able to see the final, rather than just bits and pieces of what looks like an absolutely fabulous and spectacular show.

Title: Michael Jackson's 'This Is It'
Distributor: Sony Pictures - Home Entertainment
Video: AVC
Audio: DTS-HD MA
Region: A/B/C (US Release is 'Region A' only)
MRP: Rs. 999/-

My Ratings for the BD:
Content: 4.5
Video: 4.5
Audio: 5.0
Extras: 5.0

VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Last edited:
I really missed this in theaters, yesterday I purchased and viewed it at my home, terrific. if MJ was alive, the final version would have been even more terrific. We miss you MJ, RIP MJ

I really missed this in theaters, yesterday I purchased and viewed it at my home, terrific. if MJ was alive, the final version would have been even more terrific. We miss you MJ, RIP MJ

Greetings fellow MJ fan!! Did you watch this on Bluray or DVD? I have the Bluray and Sound Quality is amazing considering it is a live recording of his practice/rehearsals. Especially the performance of Billy Jean was very much enjoyable at home.

RIP MJ!! You will continue to live(and sing and dance) in our hearts forever.

Greetings fellow MJ fan!! Did you watch this on Bluray or DVD? I have the Bluray and Sound Quality is amazing considering it is a live recording of his practice/rehearsals. Especially the performance of Billy Jean was very much enjoyable at home.

RIP MJ!! You will continue to live(and sing and dance) in our hearts forever.

Count me in for MJ Fan, I have count less video of him performing, but most of them are non HD. I was a bit skeptical about getting the BR as I wondering how the A/V quality would be and if the performances would be unique to the this release, you know just not another compiled BR from his earlier releases............is it absolute worth.....??? Which Music videos are included.......and do they have proper DTS MA sound track????

Count me in for MJ Fan, I have count less video of him performing, but most of them are non HD. I was a bit skeptical about getting the BR as I wondering how the A/V quality would be and if the performances would be unique to the this release, you know just not another compiled BR from his earlier releases............is it absolute worth.....??? Which Music videos are included.......and do they have proper DTS MA sound track????
Just go get it. Enough said. :)

Just go get it. Enough said. :)

It is priceless, some very rare moments. You will never get to see MJ like that. Just go for it.

Would like to see your review on it too:)

It is priceless, some very rare moments. You will never get to see MJ like that. Just go for it.

Would like to see your review on it too:)

mmm Does it have music videos or just the recreation of his yet to be released stage performance........

Will review it for sure ASA I recieve the "Gift" :)

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back