Thonet and Vander SW10 subwoofer review

I have a doubt...
The website says that AVR should be connected to the high level inputs.
My idea was that sub out from AVR should go into the LFE.

Please clarify.

Yes, it is genuine. For more info you can contact Abhishek Kejriwal at 98310 22600. He is the owner of Overclockers Zone.

Thank you Amit. Does it work properly if attached to Yamaha 6030 AVR. I have very little knowledge about speakers.:)

I have a doubt...
The website says that AVR should be connected to the high level inputs.
My idea was that sub out from AVR should go into the LFE.

Please clarify.
The subwoofer has high level input and output(speaker wires) and low level inputs and output,i connected DAC to low level input and output to amplifier.Since I don't own a reciever don't know how the sub connection in reciever works

Can someone please clarify this? You connected subwoofer output to the amp? Can you post a pic? I am totally confused.

I was having the idea that I just need to connect the subwoofer out of the AVR to the Low level input of the sub by RCA jack. Is that correct?

Can someone please clarify this? You connected subwoofer output to the amp? Can you post a pic? I am totally confused.

I was having the idea that I just need to connect the subwoofer out of the AVR to the Low level input of the sub by RCA jack. Is that correct?

it is one of the options to connect the sub. you can either connect the low level input [RCA] or use your speaker output from AVR to connect to sub [in that case it'll also have an speaker out on the sub]. in essence you are connecting the sub in series of you speaker cables. sub would only use this to 'pick up' [or read] the low freq. ideally your speakers should play even with the sub switched off.

EDIT:
on further reading, there seems to be some other confusion. well the above still holds good in case of sub connection to amp/avr

Last edited:

There are lot of methods to connect the subwoofer.You can even daisy chain subwoofer,I plan to add one more sw10 subwoofer for a 2.2 setup.30k for 2 subwoofer is not that bad of a deal I think

Re: Thonet and Vander SW10 subwoofer review (PB 1000)

Hi, Firstly this is not endorsing or discouraging any particular brand, just my real life experience.

I have a NAD 356 driving Polk RTi A7. Very happy with the tight bass and lows. With some music, which I have heard on many different setups, I know a subwoofer would be good to enjoy it further. I recently got the opportunity to get a home demo with he Wharfedale SPC 10 and the SVS PB 1000.

We connected the sub to the pre-out. I could only see the wharfedale vibrating and moving over my wooden floor but could not attribute any faint enhancement of sound - so it was out of the question.

Next came the mighty PB 1000 - the size really impresses and gives a sense of seriousness.

We played many tracks and tried different settings / positions. All I could hear was a very muddy and weak thump only when I was right next to the sub at ground level. Absolutely no room presence or enhancement at all. Very disappointing. All connections were checked and quality of cables are fine. Since 2 subs did not work, this made me rethink about the whole 2.1 setup - whether it is for real or should i have gone in for an AVR.

To get this out of my mind, I got to demo the Dali E12F. Now that was totally different. It was an overwhelming experience and exactly like I had imagined and hoped to be. Deep tight bass, enhancing the sound not overpowering it, the delicate and intentional millisecond persistence of a bass guitar note, all other lows sounded terrific and felt terrific.

But as the Dali retails for about 47k, and just bumping into the original thread by krishtrinity and his nice review of the T & V SW10, was thinking to get 2 of them at the cost of 1 DALI. Hoping to get some more information about its sloted rear port with respect to placement near a wall.

I just saw your thread....Something must have really gone wrong when you played that svs sub...either the crossover settings of a amp or other settings. I myself have heard svs PB-1000 at my uncles place and it just shook the entire hall with its punchy bass.

Price in ebay increased from 15000 to 18500/-
That's more than 20% increase in a few weeks.

The seller is definitely getting greedy :D
At 18500, it does not sound much VFM. At 15000, it was definitely VFM

Price in ebay increased from 15000 to 18500/-
That's more than 20% increase in a few weeks.

The seller is definitely getting greedy :D
At 18500, it does not sound much VFM. At 15000, it was definitely VFM

price will probably will come down,having some doubts about it's performance one of the fm who bought this said it's not hard hitting.I just played fury road bluray and still had that bass,it's not the boomy kind of bass that i experienced with polk and sony sub but dynamic and powerful that come from nowhere.You forget there is a subwoofer it sound as if the bass is coming from speakers,once you turn off the subwoofer suddenly all the bass from my monitor audio seems to disappear.A good DAC or soundcard is necessery to get the best bass,tried it with my smartphone and bass was boomy like.

I would like people to take my opinion at face value and our experiences might not be similar. So about the hard hitting part, it does hit hard but not through out the entire room. Only at certain angles and position does it feel like its hitting my chest. Lucky for me its near near my feet/ besides me, i was planning on keeping it there in the first place. Also i might be spoilt by the sub in my car and was probably expecting something similar, which was wrong on my part. But besides that i would not say its a bad product though one might benefit from better sources. So at 14.4K there is not much to complain about.

My tastes are different.I don't like too much bass,prefer kind of bass that will make it feel synchronized with the speaker quite the opposite of a car sub.Prefer the neutral signature to my music

Spoke to overclockerszone.
They said that prices have been permanently increased.
The earlier prices were promotional price.

At this price, this is becoming very close to subwoofers from established players ..Probably makes sense to spend a few K more and go for an established brand.

This is no longer screaming VFM

Spoke to overclockerszone.
They said that prices have been permanently increased.
The earlier prices were promotional price.

At this price, this is becoming very close to subwoofers from established players ..Probably makes sense to spend a few K more and go for an established brand.

This is no longer screaming VFM
Wonder how is the perfornance of Taga harmony subwoofer ,they got the 200w subwoofer too.Nobody seems to be interested in them

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back