Thonet and Vander SW10 subwoofer review

^ ok, if you want to spend 15K for now on Thonet and Vander, I would suggest you to go for Jamo 250 (which will have good resale value after getting SVS). Another reason for suggesting this Sub is, it should be better than Thonet and Vander Sub.

15k for a made in Germany subwoofer with a lot of features with good performance.Kind of rare in my opinion
Is it really made in Germany? When I spoke to Avishek Kejriwal of Overclockers, over the phone, I didn't get a definite answer. These days lot of companies follow, 'Designed in Europe and made in China' tactic. From website, I can make out that it's a German company.

^ ok, if you want to spend 15K for now on Thonet and Vander, I would suggest you to go for Jamo 250 (which will have good resale value after getting SVS). Another reason for suggesting this Sub is, it should be better than Thonet and Vander Sub.

Whats the price of Jamo 250 new?

Can anyone advise will go with Denon AVR-X500 or Yamaha RX-V377 or V477. Going by the promising review of SW10 Sub from Thonet & Wander. I have ordered this online via eBay. Please advice. I am in the verge of setting up HT in a budget under 80K.

Can anyone advise will go with Denon AVR-X500 or Yamaha RX-V377 or V477. Going by the promising review of SW10 Sub from Thonet & Wander. I have ordered this online via eBay. Please advice. I am in the verge of setting up HT in a budget under 80K.

I would say go for V477. Using V377, and found it equally good for music and movies. Haven't tried denon so can't say.

Re: Thonet and Vander SW10 subwoofer review (PB 1000)

Yeah i know SVS is top notch, i will buy svs eyes closed without a demo as i have heard a lot about them. Why i am looking for this is as i save for SVS which gonna take atleast 7-8 months, these entry level sub would give me some good quality over my existing FS so that i can easily get more time and save for a better SVS model :D or i should stay away from this and continue with my Floor standers only and wait 7-8 months to get SVS only.

Hi, Firstly this is not endorsing or discouraging any particular brand, just my real life experience.

I have a NAD 356 driving Polk RTi A7. Very happy with the tight bass and lows. With some music, which I have heard on many different setups, I know a subwoofer would be good to enjoy it further. I recently got the opportunity to get a home demo with he Wharfedale SPC 10 and the SVS PB 1000.

We connected the sub to the pre-out. I could only see the wharfedale vibrating and moving over my wooden floor but could not attribute any faint enhancement of sound - so it was out of the question.

Next came the mighty PB 1000 - the size really impresses and gives a sense of seriousness.

We played many tracks and tried different settings / positions. All I could hear was a very muddy and weak thump only when I was right next to the sub at ground level. Absolutely no room presence or enhancement at all. Very disappointing. All connections were checked and quality of cables are fine. Since 2 subs did not work, this made me rethink about the whole 2.1 setup - whether it is for real or should i have gone in for an AVR.

To get this out of my mind, I got to demo the Dali E12F. Now that was totally different. It was an overwhelming experience and exactly like I had imagined and hoped to be. Deep tight bass, enhancing the sound not overpowering it, the delicate and intentional millisecond persistence of a bass guitar note, all other lows sounded terrific and felt terrific.

But as the Dali retails for about 47k, and just bumping into the original thread by krishtrinity and his nice review of the T & V SW10, was thinking to get 2 of them at the cost of 1 DALI. Hoping to get some more information about its sloted rear port with respect to placement near a wall.

.Beginning to wonder how 2 sw10 subwoofers will be like.Best part is I didn't even have to turn the dial halfway,definitely needs space to breathe to get the best out of this sub.

Hello, Nice re-assuring review. How far from the wall you need to keep it to get a good effect? Was it bad when placed near one? Thanks.

Hello, Nice re-assuring review. How far from the wall you need to keep it to get a good effect? Was it bad when placed near one? Thanks.

I don't keep them too close to the wall,i never tried placing it too much near the wall because for music I don't like overpowering bass,I have placed it about 30 cm to the wall

Really shocked to hear that you are not impressed with the pb 1000,almost all the reviews I have read is positive and I seriously doubt 2 sw10 can match the power of even a single pb 1000.Are you sure that subwoofer was not faulty,the room acoustics significantly affect the performance of the aubwoofer.I was planning to buy pb 1000 somewhere in the future as upgrade to sw10 for a real home cinema setup.

Last edited:
Really shocked to hear that you are not impressed with the pb 1000,almost all the reviews I have read is positive and I seriously doubt 2 sw10 can match the power of even a single pb 1000.Are you sure that subwoofer was not faulty,the room acoustics significantly affect the performance of the aubwoofer.I was planning to buy pb 1000 somewhere in the future as upgrade to sw10 for a real home cinema setup.

Exactly, first time i heard that pb 1000 wasnt impressive. And even i have decided not to waste 15-20K now and save n get pb1000 only in coming months.

15k for a made in Germany subwoofer with a lot of features with good performance.Kind of rare in my opinion
Sorry, this sub is not made in Germany; spoke to the Abhishek Kejriwal, the importer of T&V range, two days ago, he clarified that it's made in China product. But he assured me of good quality. Mr. Kejriwal runs his business from Kolkata. He said that fresh consignment would come in 2weeks. once it arrives, I myself will visit his office for audition and post review. Meanwhile, if any FM needs any clarification, he/she can WhatsApp him at 9831022600.

Thank you for the clarification,thought it was too good to be true that it was directly from Germany.Can vouch for the performance but always recommend hearing for yourself first.Thank you for the contact info and looking forward to hearing your opinion about the sub

Last edited:
Last edited:
Couldn't judge the quality as such but boy is that sub huge!!
If possible can you please play "Dil tu hi bata" from Krrish 3 and post a video? I use that track to judge the midbass and speed for the kind of music i listen

I don't have that song with me at the moment,how about these songs.Pappu can't dance,tum hi ho,sunn raha hai and Begin with soorya from Balabhaskar.I could download the low quality version of it and play it if you want.If you can tell me a couple of songs that have enough low frequency to test the subwoofer.I actually planned to upload a video with Indian songs only

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back