Thorens TD 124 Mark I

Hi Manav
I can understand your eagerness :) to get this beauty up and running again, but I would suggest before buying expensive cables and such service it properly. Play it for some time and buy things/components/cables required at one go.

Last edited:
Hi Manav
I can understand your eagerness :) to get this beauty up and running again, but I would suggest before buying expensive cables and such service it properly. Play it for some time and buy things/components/cables required at one go.

I agree... btw, Hiten, do you know where I can get a 2.5mm drill bit? I have been looking for one all over chembur and ghatkopar, without any luck....

I need one that can be used on metal...

You can get drill bits at any hardware stores. I think I have couple of drill bits dont know if they are for wood or metal will check and tell.
BTW
Thorens and Garrard fans have turned plinth making in to a science and work of art take a look
Plinth_Builders_Gallery

just dismatled the platter and the rubber on the wiring seems to be crumbling off.... Looks like i will have to re-wire the entire darn arm.......

any suggestions where I could get a good deal on it? In fact, should I do it myself or should I get it done from someone?

That looks like an SME 3009!!!! I'm ordering a wiring harness from the tomorrow or something like that. Here's the e-mail from them

Hi Rohit,

Thank you for your e-mail and picture. The item you require is Part No. 1812 Replacement Wiring Harness and this can be purchased direct at a cost of GBP 17.28 including post & packing.

If you would like to place an order payment can be made by credit card for which we would need the card details including the three digit security number on the back, expiry date and full postal address. Unfortunately, Paypal is not accepted.

Kind regards,
SME LIMITED

Elaine

The credit card part is scary. Any one in the UK?????

That looks like an SME 3009!!!! I'm ordering a wiring harness from the tomorrow or something like that. Here's the e-mail from them

Hi Rohit,

Thank you for your e-mail and picture. The item you require is Part No. 1812 Replacement Wiring Harness and this can be purchased direct at a cost of GBP 17.28 including post & packing.

If you would like to place an order payment can be made by credit card for which we would need the card details including the three digit security number on the back, expiry date and full postal address. Unfortunately, Paypal is not accepted.

Kind regards,
SME LIMITED

Elaine

The credit card part is scary. Any one in the UK?????

hmmm
i'm trying out these guys: analogtubeaudio.de

they are charging me about euro's 35 (incl of shipping) for a RCA conversion kit... It seems to be great quality. Then I intend getting a good quality phono cable! :)

Check 'em out. They accept paypal.

Back