Thoroughly confused about which TV to buy (Variable budget)

Hello, I recently bought Q70R, its been wonderful so far, 4k 120 is not a big deal, hitting 4k 60 itself is going to be a major hurdle, you will most likely get arcade games @ 4k 120 , my gut feeling is you might get majority 4k 120 only with PS5 pro. I guess you could stick with X9500g or Q70R if you want freesync. if you still want 2.1 your choices are FRAME, Q70T both lack 10 bit panel and FALD compared to Q70R. I stayed away from OLEDs due to burn in risk as i mostly use my TV as a monitor and for gaming . you could also wait for LG nano86 or 90 (nanocel tv).
Could you please quote your purchase price & location

Hey guys,

Right now I'm using a VU "Premium" Android TV which is thoroughly awful (would only recommend to my enemies) and I am looking to upgrade (budget around 50k-1.2lac). My primary use for a TV is gaming and streaming Video and I will be upgrading to the PS5 and Xbox Series X next year or latest by 2022, which is why I'd like a TV with good HDR performance and contrast. I was fairly certain about buying the Sony X9500G but then I was told that HDMI 2.1 is essential for next gen gaming and that particular Sony did not support it. This throws my other choice out of the Window (Samsung Q70R).
The LG OLEDs are tempting (B9) but I'm worried about burn in, especially since I play a lot of racing games and watch football. Then there's the Sony X9000H, but I don't know what price it will be launched at. Also, as per rtings, its taken a significant dip in brightness compared to the X9500G.

Alternatively, I'm considering the Toshiba 55U7980 as a stop gap tv to last me till a year till I have a bigger budget. (Could also go for the one plus or TCL QLEDs if you guys recommend).

I don't mind waiting for a month or so either, if there's something good coming up.

Also, I know my primary requirements are for gaming, but a sub 20ms input lag isnt a must have for me.

Thanks in advance!

For Gaming , TV refresh rate is important. Look for higher fps (60hz above) as one of deciding factor. Now a days all 4k TVs coming up with 60 hz refresh rate.
For Great viewing experience , High contrast ratio , color space , pixel count is a major deciding factor.

Also Consider 3D Support for your TV. Since you like Gaming , 3D gaming would be great to experiment. I did not think this option when i purchased my TV , due to lack of 3d support in my TV i could not experiment 3D gaming and 3D movies. Xbox , PS4 all supports 3D gaming contents. There are quite number of titles available for 3D gaming.

Look in to Samsung TVs as well , Their displays are good .
Samsung Tvs have smart apps features like --- streaming your TV to your mobile. You can watch the TV from your mobile from other room.
It streams what ever content playing from hdmi ports, I felt it was cool feature.

Not sure it's available with other TV brands.

For Gaming , TV refresh rate is important. Look for higher fps (60hz above) as one of deciding factor. Now a days all 4k TVs coming up with 60 hz refresh rate.
For Great viewing experience , High contrast ratio , color space , pixel count is a major deciding factor.

Also Consider 3D Support for your TV. Since you like Gaming , 3D gaming would be great to experiment. I did not think this option when i purchased my TV , due to lack of 3d support in my TV i could not experiment 3D gaming and 3D movies. Xbox , PS4 all supports 3D gaming contents. There are quite number of titles available for 3D gaming.

Look in to Samsung TVs as well , Their displays are good .
Samsung Tvs have smart apps features like --- streaming your TV to your mobile. You can watch the TV from your mobile from other room.
It streams what ever content playing from hdmi ports, I felt it was cool feature.

Not sure it's available with other TV brands.
I'm pretty sure 3D gaming is dead. VR is where the party's at.

I'm pretty sure 3D gaming is dead. VR is where the party's at.
Not really .... Games like Call of Duty ,Tomb raider, comes up with 3D support and more other titles.
Last time i played tomb raider with 3D support TV in my friend's house. The experience was great. And movies like jurrasic world also looks great.

VR also supported only on PS consoles and there are few titles available.
If you are not much interested on 3D you may skip it , as it may also add additional cost to you.

VR and 3D works in different terminology. Still its worth considering 3D if it costs little more penny .
3D Technology will not go away , but it has its own limitations. Not all movies /games coming up with 3D. Same thing applicable to VR as well.

If you get a chance to view any 3D demo with polarized glasses ,then try viewing them . Then you will feel the difference.

Q70R does not have major blooming , its not bothering me at all, i posted few images in a different thread.
Hi,
Q70R seems to be a great buy.
As Samsung TVs dont support Dolby Vision, I am curious to know how the TV performs with Dolby Vision content, for example on Netflix?

3D is an abandoned tech in home entertainment. Very few games support it and similarly very few TVs support. There was a point where every premium TV supported it. No point in even going there.

Hi,
As Samsung TVs dont support Dolby Vision, I am curious to know how the TV performs with Dolby Vision content, for example on Netflix?
I never tried this ... Any specific titles from netflix to be tried for dolby vision?

Hi,
I think Netflix resorts to HDR content then. My Xbox one x refuses to recognize my garbage VU tv as Dolby Vision compliant and netflix still displays in HDR

That seems like pretty good pricing imo. This might just solve my problem.

This will solve many people's problems including mine. If 1.1 Lac is the official pricing, then ideally it should go as low as 85-90k during Diwali maybe even lesser. This TV will dominate the mid-tier market like anything for at least a year.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back