Thoroughly confused about which TV to buy (Variable budget)

Not to mention that chipset of 9500g and 9500h and 9000h is exactly the same. Except for speaker configuration. One guy dan at avsforum actually got the service manuals and saw that x9500g can support 4k@120hz and can be made hdmi 2.1 with a firmware update...Sony managers reluctantly agreed. He then modded the firmware himself to make it hdmi 2.1 and he got most out of it. He posted it in that forum and Sony forced the mods to delete his posts and ban him. Guys Sony x9500g is 2.1 compliant. Sony has purposely handicapped it to sell new x9000h. This is really anticonsumer behaviour. I am expecting that 1 year after ps5 launch they could give a firmware update but can't be sure with them since they would try to sell the latest models then
May be x9500G and x9500H are same but definitely not X9000H it's completely different TV from panel to processing. Raw power wise x9000H is strongest as it's the latest from bunch. But sony has to work on it to make new x1 ultimate processor. X9000H doesn't have the picture processing capabilities of other two heros. All it has is HDMI 2.1 capabilities. Still sony is struggling to make them work. So here the sequence IMO X95H>X95G>X90H

H model performs better than G in lot of areas. And the new model is more refined one. It can handle better local dimming, better reflections, better viewing angles and can produce a lot wider colors due to the panel's capabilities which has more color volume coverage. Rest of the things like processing and all are same.
But problem with this guy is he loves his E model over any other sony LED TV.
"Sony X95H ain't better than X95G" - I Was Wrong, kindly Ignore my Comment.
Sorry my bad, I saw the banding effect on 9000H on a video of this clown, not X95H. Got confused. I thought the clown like Hisense more than Sony.

Last edited:
May be x9500G and x9500H are same but definitely not X9000H it's completely different TV from panel to processing. Raw power wise x9000H is strongest as it's the latest from bunch. But sony has to work on it to make new x1 ultimate processor. X9000H doesn't have the picture processing capabilities of other two heros. All it has is HDMI 2.1 capabilities. Still sony is struggling to make them work. So here the sequence IMO X95H>X95G>X90H
I never said they have the same picture processing capabilities...I said they run on the same chipset(maybe minor iterations), PQ and other capabalities are firmware related..Unless the hardware itself is a limiting factor. In the case of x950g this is not the case. It's perfectly capable of full hdmi 2.1 features. Even if not that, VRR and ALLM definitely can be brought on!
This is reddit link for those who wanna go through the discussion!

I did extensive research & many reviewers mentioned lightblooming issue on 9500G compared to Q70R which seems to perform better,although Q70R is much less brighter.
Samsung does have issues with black crush in order to avoid blooming. Also some brightness issues when playing dark scenes with subtitles. For some blooming is an issue,for some black crush is. To each his own. I don't mind blooming as much as I mind black crush.

They also deliberately make LG/Sony/Samsung look bad in front of VU TV and innocent consumers buy those TVs and feel cheated later on, that they bought nothing but garbage! She is also half knowledged and it's surprising to see that there are no -ve comments regarding VU TV. And I see nothing but praises. How Skeptical and misleading !! Sorry to bump in and go OFF-Topic again. Just read, enjoy and ignore my comment. Just wanted to share my 2 paise.
I lol'd hard when she said more dimming zones means better picture quality. She just assumed that reading out of a textbook. Half of these people don't even have the sets that they review...they review solely based on spec sheet or launch shows! I had high expectations from geekyranjit. But he misses the mark with TV's...gives a very general idea.

I never said they have the same picture processing capabilities...I said they run on the same chipset(maybe minor iterations), PQ and other capabalities are firmware related..Unless the hardware itself is a limiting factor. In the case of x950g this is not the case. It's perfectly capable of full hdmi 2.1 features. Even if not that, VRR and ALLM definitely can be brought on!
This is reddit link for those who wanna go through the discussion!
I have been in AVS forums all the time.
Danny wasn't fully successful on modding firmware to enable HDMI 2.1 as the extra circuit was missing in x95G. But he was the wisest on that thread. They banned him as sony and their reps weren't happy about modding their firmware.
Don't think that both chipsets are identical. Which is why sony hasn't used this new chipset on their flagship models. The new processor need to be matured enough to handle dual database processing and superbit mapping etc etc goodies.

I have been in AVS forums all the time.
Danny wasn't fully successful on modding firmware to enable HDMI 2.1 as the extra circuit was missing in x95G. But he was the wisest on that thread. They banned him as sony and their reps weren't happy about modding their firmware.
Don't think that both chipsets are identical. Which is why sony hasn't used this new chipset on their flagship models. The new processor need to be matured enough to handle dual database processing and superbit mapping etc etc goodies.
True, the new chip maybe an iteration over the old. Danny I guess had managed vrr,ALLM,1440@120hz and was working towards 4k when they banned him. Honestly even if I get 1440@120hz I'd be more than happy.

True, the new chip maybe an iteration over the old. Danny I guess had managed vrr,ALLM,1440@120hz and was working towards 4k when they banned him. Honestly even if I get 1440@120hz I'd be more than happy.
I think you can already do 1440@120Hz on HDMI 2.0.

I ended up getting a Sony X9000H this weekend :D
thanks for your help guys
What deal did you get and from where? I am from delhi also and looking to buy this tv.

Share the contact details of the shop/salesman as well please

Last edited:
What deal did you get and from where? I am from delhi also and looking to buy this tv.

Share the contact details of the shop/salesman as well please
I bought it from Croma in Saket. they didn't give a great deal as such, but I was able to secure easy financing which swayed the deal in my favor. It's 1.05 - 10k cashback for ICICI (there's other cashbacks depending on your bank). Also there's free headphones worth 5k included. I'll DM you the number of the executive.

I bought it from Croma in Saket. they didn't give a great deal as such, but I was able to secure easy financing which swayed the deal in my favor. It's 1.05 - 10k cashback for ICICI (there's other cashbacks depending on your bank). Also there's free headphones worth 5k included. I'll DM you the number of the executive.
Ok thanks!

Back