Tidal Argentina High Price

samgurung

I was trying to see how much a Tidal subscription would cost in Argentina, supposedly one of the cheapest. Used a vpn and set my location to Argentina and setup an account but the payment page shows crazy high amounts. Please check the screenshot attached. Any ideas why?

Screenshot 2021-01-30 at 19.47.41.png

If it was US dollars they would have written U$S207 or US$207.. so think it has to be pesos ..

So I tried the Turkey server and Tidal Turkey shows the exact same thing for a family subscription $207. Weird!

And to be sure I cleared cache and even used Incognito mode!

Last edited by a moderator:
So I tried the Turkey server and Tidal Turkey shows the exact same thing for a family subscription $...it’ll show you conversion in INR etc
Try PayPal if available. You can see the amount in other currencies and you’ll know for sure

Indian Music titles differ with Each country Tidal, decent enough on Tidal Turkey. But, Even TESLA Came now , When's TIDAL Coming to India???
Or should we start our own Make in India app for Tidal?

As a matter of fact, none of these audio streaming services including Apple Music are making any Real Money as far as I know so , obviously the enthusiasm is lacking.

I was trying to see how much a Tidal subscription would cost in Argentina, supposedly one of the cheapest. Used a vpn and set my location to Argentina and setup an account but the payment page shows crazy high amounts. Please check the screenshot attached. Any ideas why?

View attachment 54258
Hey

Could you please let me know which VPN you used? Free or paid? Thanks

You can use Express VPN, 7 day free trial available on Android.
I have Express VPN paid version. It keeps failing when I try to create a new Argentina account by saying enter a valid email address. Not sure if the Express VPN Argentina ip range is being blocked by Tidal?

I have Express VPN paid version. It keeps failing when I try to create a new Argentina account by saying enter a valid email address. Not sure if the Express VPN Argentina ip range is being blocked by Tidal?
Try checking/un-checking that sign up box.. I can't remeber on the top of my head but one of the combination works.

1634736611117.png

1634736856126.png

No luck with unchecked also unfortunately. I have an existing active Turkey account and an inactive US account. From what I have read on this thread I assume logging in to the US account with Argentina VPN and trying to pay doesn't work?

I did the below steps
1) Created new tidal account using browser from my mobile after enabling the VPN as Argentina in mobile
2) Logged in to Tidal desktop app (without VPN) from a laptop and completed the payment options by giving credit card details

Pls see if this helps

Does the new tidal account have to be with a different email address? I tried using the same email address that I had used for Tidal Turkey but I keep getting an error.

Does the new tidal account have to be with a different email address? I tried using the same email address that I had used for Tidal Turkey but I keep getting an error.
A new email id is required which is not registered with Tidal from any other location.

Great thread. This and the Tidal Turkey one! :D
Thanks to all FMs. Adding my two bits here:
1. WHY is Tidal not in India?! With good pricing, they'll be killing everyone else!
2. Express is the best for every and almost all use cases, and worth every bit of your annual subscription money (7K INR). Among free, Hola is good, if you don't mind a bit of a speed drop.
3. Tried Lossless <no space> club dot com? (Did find some good Indian music)

Great thread. This and the Tidal Turkey one! :D
Thanks to all FMs. Adding my two bits here:
1. WHY is Tidal not in India?! With good pricing, they'll be killing everyone else!
2. Express is the best for every and almost all use cases, and worth every bit of your annual subscription money (7K INR). Among free, Hola is good, if you don't mind a bit of a speed drop.
3. Tried Lossless <no space> club dot com? (Did find some good Indian music)
I don't think tidal will make a killing in India. Most mainstream users are not bothered about lossless. Spotify has presence and brand recognition. Most Indians don't know about tidal

I don't think tidal will make a killing in India. Most mainstream users are not bothered about lossless. Spotify has presence and brand recognition. Most Indians don't know about tidal
That's a bit debatable, Sam.
As such, the market for music is low here.
Am sure, the most used would be youtube, not even YouTube music.
Then sit gaana, etc.
Next tier would be Prime, Spotify.
Finally, the music lover with money who knows what's good - enter tidal/p*rated stuff.
Market's low volume, yes, but they will find takers, IMO.

Back