Tidal Connect is here

Vivek Batra

Hi Guys

Good news for Tidal users who were missing Spotify Conect like Feature on Tidal Android/Mac apps, specailly people like me who are using laptop for streaming.

Yesterday Tidal announced to have this feature (waiting for the app update). Depends on when the new update is released, hopefully in a day or 2. One needs to upgrade both the apps in (phone/Tablet and PC/ Mac).

Apart from that something that I got working today is, installing Tidal App from Google Play Store. Its bit of inconvenience to update the Tidal app on phones and tables every now and then when there is an update via APK way. So I finally got it installed on my phone via play store, the legit way.:)

You may follow the exact steps mentioned on the page below (including the suggested VPN) then you can install any app around which is not available in India.

Enjoy.

Regards
Vivek

Thats great news, would reduce dependency on platform apps like PlayFI/BluOS/HEOS :)

@Vivek Batra great news indeed!
KEF LS50W ii has already announced support for Tidal connect. i hope its only a matter of time before other streamers support this.

I am looking at a streamer upgrade, ideally something that has Full Dirac room correction, Native Tidal connect/Spotify connect/Airplay 2/Chrome-cast/iHeartRadio/Internet radio, DAB+, Roon Endpoint, MQA, HighRes, built in LPS & a modular DAC.
i may be wishfully thinking :D Perhaps the next gen NAD Masters streamer with these specs.

@fLUX good point, add Roon to that list.
The main reason many of us use Roon, is because it is head and shoulders above other streaming apps in UX/convenience & sounds great at the same time. Hopefully a well thought out, native implementation of Tidal connect can beat Roon for sound Q.

@Vivek Batra great news indeed!
KEF LS50W ii has already announced support for Tidal connect. i hope its only a matter of time before other streamers support this.

I am looking at a streamer upgrade, ideally something that has Full Dirac room correction, Native Tidal connect/Spotify connect/Airplay 2/Chrome-cast/iHeartRadio/Internet radio, DAB+, Roon Endpoint, MQA, HighRes, built in LPS & a modular DAC.
i may be wishfully thinking :D Perhaps the next gen NAD Masters streamer with these specs.

@fLUX good point, add Roon to that list.
The main reason many of us use Roon, is because it is head and shoulders above other streaming apps in UX/convenience & sounds great at the same time. Hopefully a well thought out, native implementation of Tidal connect can beat Roon for sound Q.
Tidal has given a very long list of devices on its web site that would support Tidal Connect. I guess most of the brands are covered, but that will be in upcoming models or may be software updates?

Personally doubt SQ will change a lot, since it would still invoke the app within the platform.

Tidal has given a very long list of devices on its web site that would support Tidal Connect. I guess most of the brands are covered, but that will be in upcoming models or may be software updates?

Unfortunately LG is not in the list. Was hoping they would give native Tidal on LG, thats the only reason i am still hanging to my Chromecast at the moment.

I am sure this is effect of roon :)
As one has to buy roon to get a good experience with tidal

But a good move none the less

I am sure this is effect of roon :)
As one has to buy roon to get a good experience with tidal

But a good move none the less

Rikhav, Roon definitely adds to the experience of listening to Tidal, but for different reasons - user interface, metadata, and multi-room integration. Tidal Connect is about taking Airplay/Chromecast out of the chain and therefore improving the SQ.

Rikhav, Roon definitely adds to the experience of listening to Tidal, but for different reasons - user interface, metadata, and multi-room integration. Tidal Connect is about taking Airplay/Chromecast out of the chain and therefore improving the SQ.

Yes absolutely agree on that but before there was no simple way to use it
Either you needed roon or streamer with good tidal integration.

Playing tidal through bubble upnp or similar was a literally a joke .

Hi Guys

So far I can cast from Tidal app (android and desktop) to chromecast devices only. Not able to control desktop app from mobile app. I don't see my laptop on the list of devices on mobile app, unlike Spotify.

Have you guys tried this? This is very much needed functionality.

Regards
Vivek

Last edited:
Hi Guys

So far I can cast from Tidal app (android and desktop) to chromecast devices only. Not able to control desktop app from mobile app. O don't see my laptop on the list of devices on mobile app, unlike Spotify.

Have you guys tried this? This is very much needed functionality.

Regards
Vivek
Checked the Tidal sub reddit. This functionality doesn’t seem to be there yet

Checked the Tidal sub reddit. This functionality doesn’t seem to be there yet
I read on a FB group that BlueSound devices have got a software upgrade that enables Tidal Connect. Even Darko in the article I attached above confirms having heard it on LS50 Wireless and Node 2i. Can any BlueSound user confirm the same? I guess other manufacturers would follow soon.

I read on a FB group that BlueSound devices have got a software upgrade that enables Tidal Connect. Even Darko in the article I attached above confirms having heard it on LS50 Wireless and Node 2i. Can any BlueSound user confirm the same? I guess other manufacturers would follow soon.
I was referring to the functionality of streaming to the desktop app from the mobile. Spotify has this. Tidal doesn’t

How shall I use Tidal connect on Marantz avr. I am getting only Mobile phone and Chromecast Sony TV in Tidal connect devices. Not able to get Marantz avr even both are connected through same wifi. In case of Spotify, I can easily switch between Mobile phone to Marantz avr. Able to play Tidal through HEOS app on Marantz avr.

Tidal Connect working very well on Blusound Node 2i. Makes the whole Tidal experience much more convenient. Their discovery algorithm in the app has been getting better but still nowhere close to Spotify.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back