Time to upgrade from Wharfdale

ankitbhargava

Have gathered courage to spend on the upgrade, planning to get a new Speakers.

100% usage will be Movies

Budget 1-1.25 lakh

Need to buy 5.0

Not changing Sub woofer

I like good punchy sound but not fabricated one

suggestions please :)

IMHO there is hardly any other speaker brand as VFM as HSU Research. See if they're available through any dealer in india

The RTI series according to Profx need good amount of power to sing, so please check power specs on your receiver before pulling the trigger. You may want to talk to the profx folks before deciding - they know polks best

The RTI series according to Profx need good amount of power to sing, so please check power specs on your receiver before pulling the trigger. You may want to talk to the profx folks before deciding - they know polks best

Marantz 6009, whats your opinion?

Have gathered courage to spend on the upgrade, planning to get a new Speakers.

100% usage will be Movies

Budget 1-1.25 lakh

Need to buy 5.0

Not changing Sub woofer

I like good punchy sound but not fabricated one

suggestions please :)

When you have 100% usage for movies, consider BS speaker (or) a high end satellite speaker system.... A FS doesn't add anything to movies, once it is calibrated, crossover kicks in & sets it @ 80Hz.. So the purpose of FS is defeated....

Since you have a good room dimensions of 16 x 14 and a 7.2 capable AVR, you can consider getting 7.0 speakers than settling for a 5.0 FS system...

You may consider Sonodyne Avant LCR 250 speaker x 7 pieces.... The advantage is that all the 7 speakers are timbre matched..

BTW my brother uses Avant LCR250 as fronts in his HT system (Left, center, right)....

Thanks guys

Back of my mind I am also working on a possibility of selling off my newly done Stereo setup (Q Acoustics 2020i + Cambride Audio Minx) if I buy a capable 5.0 or 5.1 setup.

For example SVS Prime Towers + Center + Satellite and replace my Velodyne Sub with a PB 1000 sub?

OR

Polk RTi A7 suggested combo with a PB 1000?

Another possibility is to keep Stereo as it is
buy SVS Bookshelves + center + Satellites and invest into a PB 2000

all advise much appreciated

When you have 100% usage for movies, consider BS speaker (or) a high end satellite speaker system.... A FS doesn't add anything to movies, once it is calibrated, crossover kicks in & sets it @ 80Hz.. So the purpose of FS is defeated....

Since you have a good room dimensions of 16 x 14 and a 7.2 capable AVR, you can consider getting 7.0 speakers than settling for a 5.0 FS system...

You may consider Sonodyne Avant LCR 250 speaker x 7 pieces.... The advantage is that all the 7 speakers are timbre matched..

BTW my brother uses Avant LCR250 as fronts in his HT system (Left, center, right)....

Thanks for valuable suggestion!

Just struggling over space and content for a 7.1 at this moment

probably next year I will plan a dedicated HT Room and would love to go on a proper Atmos meantime we would see the content availability also.

Being from a small town, things are little different :)

ankit sir, u already have Q acoustics 2020i as stereo , buy a center channel for that and try if u like that sound then u can move for another pair and make it as 5.1 :)

ankit sir, u already have Q acoustics 2020i as stereo , buy a center channel for that and try if u like that sound then u can move for another pair and make it as 5.1 :)

Have tried that already but with the existing center of Wharfedale :)

It wasnt impressive, obviously the center has been playing main role

Buying a Center for experiment would be little too much :D , have already spent a lot on the gadgets an you know how rules of a married house work.

But please keep the suggestions coming in ..

well there are specific posts related to Dali in this forum. you can search a bit. I think Dali 5 or 7 for fronts (if music & movies) or Dali zensor 3 (for movies) is what I could see the desired likes here

Thanks for valuable suggestion!

Just struggling over space and content for a 7.1 at this moment

probably next year I will plan a dedicated HT Room and would love to go on a proper Atmos meantime we would see the content availability also.

Being from a small town, things are little different :)

Your room is good enough for 7.1 or probably more... My room is 14 x 11 feet and am doing a 9.0 system currently..

With existing 5.1 movie tracks, surround expansion modes such as Dolby ProLogic IIz, DTS Neo X and Audyssey DSX extract information from the existing soundtrack and expand the sound-stage accordingly.... Have used all 3 of them and quite happy.....

Anyways up to you to pick what suits your needs and limitations...

Your room is good enough for 7.1 or probably more... My room is 14 x 11 feet and am doing a 9.0 system currently..

With existing 5.1 movie tracks, surround expansion modes such as Dolby ProLogic IIz, DTS Neo X and Audyssey DSX extract information from the existing soundtrack and expand the sound-stage accordingly.... Have used all 3 of them and quite happy.....

Anyways up to you to pick what suits your needs and limitations...

will 100% consider it!
infact I will have spare speakers to atleast try out

Thanks so much for your valuable suggestion sir

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back