Top Poster

Thanks to all & hope to continue the same.

godspeed bro! - you are a pillar of strength for HFV-

after 5000 posts - it will take a tenth of that time to reach 50,000th post -
and then half a month to reach 500,000th post-

all the car makers do it like this only.

mebbe you can dictate on a digital recorder and outsource the work of posting - on the fly (to friends, of course, - you do not want to be paying for it)

i can see it now - limca book of records - the other phirangi book of records - most posts on a forum in one minute/one hour/one day/one week/year/decade- record has stood for 19 years - enviable asset to the community -

endorsement deals with xerox and godrej office equipment - corporate jet (personal) - posing with bimbos on the deck of yacht for photo-shoot for aston martin calender -

spirovious - you are THE MAN:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Last edited:
Spiro thats a fantastic achievement...and yr posts are most appreciated too...keep it up bro.

Congratulations Spiro...

What you have done is much better than some of the knowledgeable super posters as you have shown unflinching enthusiasm to guide noobs from the inquisitive to the outright silly with the same energy.

One needs to really applaud your continuing efforts.

Just realised that this is my 5000th post & so putting it here.:yahoo:
My posts are mixed with some silly Questions,some welcomes & perhaps less informative than super posters here.

Thanks for tolerating me.:D
I wish HFV to grow faster & better with same speed.

Wow!! Doctor Spiro, Way to Go!!!

I hope the droplet I contribute has some worth in this ocean of knowledge ....... Congrats to all members from sam as well .........
congratualtions.gif

The beauty about you is that you are not self centered etc, always there to help. :signthankspin:

There will be members who will surface only when they require help but will not help others even if they have the knowledge while worst is that there is a another set of breed who will not be grateful with the efforts you put in helping. :sad:

V.

Last edited:
About four decades ago (my student days), there used to be a magazine called Competition Success Review (I don't know whether it still exists) which used to publish every month a couple of articles, one about the right things to do to succeed in an interview (eg: dress neatly, wear a tie, say good morning sir...) and the other the wrong ones to do (be in a jeans, unshaven, sit without being asked...). (Not ashamed to admit, I used to enjoy the latter more!) Then there used to be a magazine in Tamil (I think it was published by one Thamizhvanan) which was full of questions and answers on practically every subject one can think of, but all answered by the editor/publisher, a living encyclopaedia! Expanding the canvass a bit wider, I had read several similar magazines with bewildering and confusing answers to questions posted by readers, especially given by those who knew nothing.

The point is that in a forum like this, when one shares his or her views, experiences and beliefs, and still keeps an open mind to change them if someone proves otherwise, participating will be interesting and meaningful. Once this becomes a showcase for persons to exhibit their knowledge they consider superior or believe they know everything about audio and video or become cynical and sarcastic on others' views, then, well, I leave it to you.

As long as we enjoy this forum and help and be helped, the show should go on. Also the moment one realises that he or she now knows everything, the rest are all idiots, it is time to quit the forum.

Good luck and happy listening.
murali

Hello Murali,

Indeed you are right, one will be totally wrong if one things that he knows everything while it may also be wrong if someone starts assuming otherwise for unfounded reasons. :)

V.

About four decades ago (my student days), there used to be a magazine called Competition Success Review (I don't know whether it still exists) which used to publish every month a couple of articles, one about the right things to do to succeed in an interview (eg: dress neatly, wear a tie, say good morning sir...) and the other the wrong ones to do (be in a jeans, unshaven, sit without being asked...). (Not ashamed to admit, I used to enjoy the latter more!) Then there used to be a magazine in Tamil (I think it was published by one Thamizhvanan) which was full of questions and answers on practically every subject one can think of, but all answered by the editor/publisher, a living encyclopaedia! Expanding the canvass a bit wider, I had read several similar magazines with bewildering and confusing answers to questions posted by readers, especially given by those who knew nothing.

The point is that in a forum like this, when one shares his or her views, experiences and beliefs, and still keeps an open mind to change them if someone proves otherwise, participating will be interesting and meaningful. Once this becomes a showcase for persons to exhibit their knowledge they consider superior or believe they know everything about audio and video or become cynical and sarcastic on others' views, then, well, I leave it to you.

As long as we enjoy this forum and help and be helped, the show should go on. Also the moment one realises that he or she now knows everything, the rest are all idiots, it is time to quit the forum.

Good luck and happy listening.
murali

Hi Murali,

Try as I might, I don't get the context of this post because it is in the trail of posts following / congratulating spiro sharing his happy 5000th post moment but your post doesn't look like it's meant for spiro. Is this meant for any one in particular or your thoughts just in general?

If I may add, the good thing about open forums like HFV is that anyone who thinks they know it all is very quickly cut down to size. However HFVers do it in a polite manner where-as in forums like AVS, it is much more brutal.

Thanks friends, like theking said,I like the language used here & a respect to each other(even a new member).This makes HFV different & more friendly.

Congratulation Spiro, my friend! I must confess I was a bit jealous of Moserw when he overtook me, but I never even noticed that you are so far ahead. Classic case of Rabbit and the Hare, eh?

Cheers

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back