Topping TP20 tripath 2020 amplifier (versus NAD C320BEE)

Hi all,
First of all let me thank every one on this forum who have given me enough knowledge on this little marvel.... I went ahead and ordered tp2020 on ebay on 30Oct 2012..:):)

With the tracking link, the status is showing it is in mumbai customs from 18th november..:sad: I have not recieved it yet and should i wait patiently or should take some action from my side...? (please note am from bangalore)..please help if some one faced the same situation...

BTW am going to pair it with Monitor audio BX2 with 90db sensitivity and 8ohms... i have searched this thread for this tp20 and BX2 combo.. there is no fruitfull info on the same...

If some one have experienced on this please do let me know....Thank you again...

hi all

1. Please tell me if i should buy Topping TP20 or Indeed TP20 ? I think both of them are made by Indeed lab ? But then why Indeed is only for around $40 (+ around Rs 400 for adapter) whereas Topping will cost around Rs 4000 ($80) ? Why difference of 100% ? Any difference in their implementation/design ? build or component quality ? which would sound superior ?

3. What about TP21 OR TP30 ? TP30 has built in USB DAC. Is it preferable to buying TP20 + USB dac (if so, please suggest some good USB DACs costing less than around Rs 7500)

thanks in advance.
Sanket

hi all

1. Please tell me if i should buy Topping TP20 or Indeed TP20 ? I think both of them are made by Indeed lab ? But then why Indeed is only for around $40 (+ around Rs 400 for adapter) whereas Topping will cost around Rs 4000 ($80) ? Why difference of 100% ? Any difference in their implementation/design ? build or component quality ? which would sound superior ?

3. What about TP21 OR TP30 ? TP30 has built in USB DAC. Is it preferable to buying TP20 + USB dac (if so, please suggest some good USB DACs costing less than around Rs 7500)

thanks in advance.
Sanket

I've personally owned and heard only the Topping so I can't compare it with the Indeed. Based on the picture provided in the site, the Indeed version seems to have a much larger capacitor which *should* significantly improve bass response as the amp will now have a larger power reserve. Note that adding a large capacitor on the input side is also the single most common mod among other users.

The other difference I notice is that Indeed has a different (and what looks like cheaper) speaker wire connectors. The Topping has fairly good quality binding posts and I was using them with banana plugs. That itself might be making the price difference.

Hi all i recieved my topping TA2020 yesterday...:yahoo:

I got it delivered from postman and no extra bucks given.. Good part of the seller who quoted it as a low value sample.. It didnt got stuck anywhere:clapping:

I am waiting for my monitor audio BX2 delivered:licklips:.. Finally i i planned to try myself on this combo and will let you guys know about the impression...
;)

Awesome. I too wanted to go for the same speakers, but settled for the usher s520. Do let us know about ur combo

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

I've also read very good impressions of these:

Indeed TA2021
Sure TA2024

From what I've read, it seems that the sound signature of these are the same [or the differences are very subtle] as the Topping TP20 but with higher output and cheaper than the Topping too.

Awesome. I too wanted to go for the same speakers, but settled for the usher s520. Do let us know about ur combo

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Hi dips,
i was searching for some good review of tp20 with BX2,,, No much info was around and i decided to take a plunge and inform FMs the impressions...

Anyways before narrowing down to BX2 , i have listened to KEF (sounded mellow to me which i don prefer), POLK (straight forward sound, good for HT), MS Avianno/Mezzo (mellow/soft but good Bass) and even klipsch (too bright), Jamo (Good speakers), JBL, wharfs (soft sounding for fatigue free listening), B&W 686 (narrow/Sharp sound), PSB image B6 (good sounding but with out spice), tannoy (revolution.mercury)-Good speakers ...
Amp any time i can upgrade so thought of settling with good speakers..

BX2 sounded to me with very good details/clear vocals/good bass/ excellent soundstage but not too bright and shouty.. so i felt this speaker falls somewhere in middle of American type speakers and not too soft sounding speakers so settled with this... Waiting for arrival ..For initial budget constraints ill be using topping...
[Sorry am a bit off topic]:D.. thought this bit of information can help some one like me new for hi-fi having BX2 in mind and with less option to audition...

Later i need to buy a good amp of higher wattage....

Thanks guys :):)

I just booked the TP20 from here with the coupon code "fb2012fiver" for 5% discount. You have the free shipping to India with tracking. I had booked some items earlier for which the tracking was given and it worked till it reached the local post office. So I think the service is good, hope there will not be any customs/duties charges over this.

Thanks

I have ordered topping tp20 from china. it is 45 days now and i have not received the item yet.
as per the tracking no provided by the seller, it shows that the product is with Kolkata customs since 26th october. i had paid through paypal and bought it from ebay.
is it my site to clear the customs at kolkata? anybody having the knowledge plaese guide.
and again need cambridge audio S30 speaker. where can i find it now and for what cost?
please guide.

called kolkata customs (postal apraising dept) on 033-22480367. again lunched a complaint on kolkata customs page and now from the tracking no, it shows to be with my local post office. yet to know whether any custom charges has been made or not?
lets hope for the best. going to collect it tomorrow.

after only 3 to 4 hours of play, details are clearly noticed. details are better than my norge 1000 at slow volume.
if you like music in stereo mode and at slow volume then its definitely one of the best amps to choose from. no comparison at this price point.
i connected it with Cambridge Audio S30.

my connection : Apple Ipod Touch------>Marrantz cd6003------>TP20--------->CA S30

Last edited:
Any body know the address of the Topping company?
I am trying to buy wholesale in bulk for computer based music appreciation business...

Thanks a lot in advance.

The thread is too long to read, so I am not sure if this has been discussed yet - what is the best sounding usb model? The tp30 or tp32 or something different?

Hi guys,
Received my Topping T20 yesterday. Sounds good with my Wharfedale 10.2.
I have a Norge 1000 too.
Am willing to sell the T20 if anybody is interested.Its brand new.

Back