Torn between Yamaha-863 & Marantz-3053 AVRs

And for a novice like me, it is very difficult to judge the subtle difference in quality of different speakers and that through short auditions in different conditions & with different amps..

So I do require some insight from gurus like you in selecting the speakers..

Yes, There is no PM7002. My bad.

Sand, I think you should kill this thread and start a new one for speakers and amp in the appropriate section. And, then we shall take it from there...

Hi guys......... interesting foray.......... i am looking to change my marantz 5.1 (forgot model) AVR (7 years old) due to need for HDMI slots......... need to decide between SR 3053 or NR 1501 or even denon 1610 as they fit my bill size............. I have paradigm phamtom V3 fronts and denon surrounds with deftech sub 1000........... i use it 99% for movies.......... from dvd and HTPC and also PS3 for bluray............ would appreciate any feedback............

hi frens.... in market for a new avr...

i've been offered a 1 1/2 yr old Yamaha RX V863 for 42k.

1. What was the last official price of this avr ?

2. Is that a good price ? Should i accept it or how much should be my counter offer ?

Thanks

hi spirovious,

thanks for the links and prices provided...

what do you think is a fair price i should offer to buy the 1 1/2 yr old RX V863 ? The seller is quoting 42k.

How much should i offer him ?

Thanks

When I was hunting around for a new AVR about a year back, 863 was one of the serious contenders. The going price at that time was 45k. In fact, this was the last official price that I know of. After that, the model disappeared from the market (at least in North India).

I guess since the present owner bought it 1.5 years ago, he must have paid between 50-55k. Hence, offer of 42k today.

Anyhow, 42k today is not practical.

thanks guys.. i'll offer him 25k and and max 30k....!

by the way....

Is 48k good price for a brand new 863 ? considering ranojoy just posted on the previous reply that that the going price a year back was 45k ?

Thanks

thanks guys.. i'll offer him 25k and and max 30k....!

by the way....

Is 48k good price for a brand new 863 ? considering ranojoy just posted on the previous reply that that the going price a year back was 45k ?

Thanks

You hope he is not reading this :D

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back