Totally freaked about setting up a Home Theatre

I don't think I can upgrade as my living room has a fairly small area. None of the floor standing speakers will fit due to a big tv unit. I can go for a good set of bookshelf speakers though, can you recommend any? ProFX is also providing free next day installation but they only have Polk and KEF. Any other store in Bangalore where I can get this?

As for the AV receiver, Denon 3500 is around 1.2 lakhs (which is the budget of my entire setup). What exactly is preouts and what are it's advantages? I am considering between Denon X1400h and Denon X1600h as there's a 20k price difference between them but X1600h has HDPC 2.3 which I am not sure if will be required in future.

They are bunch of dealers in bengalore ,
DNI home theater
Tasmai automation
Cinebells
...and more.

Few other brands to check,
Monitor audio
kilpsch
Dali
Kef
..etc
Audition speakers with them , they also deal with AV receivers. Go ahead as your budget permits && and your likings...

Space is at a premium.. Wall mount speakers would be good option, also keep an eye on speakers with shallow depth, so it wouldn't occupy much space and hinder when you move around the room..

If you have the liberty, and can add speakers above your listening position (sofa), you can do 5.1.2 set-up which can do all movie formats..
a1f46aa0ccb50c58e2f561595fa450cc.jpg

If you can stretch lil more, you can do 5.1.4 in your room..

17d03b49bd083b47979441f2e8f6da9f.jpg

Up to you to decide on how many speakers you can accomodate above you, depending on the living room limitation.. Even if you can't position height speakers like what it is shown in the picture, you can still mount it high on front walls / side walls..

Incase you can stretch your budget, Pioneer LX 303 is a 9.2 AVR and can do 5.1.4 out of the box.. You can get a 9.2 AVR + 5.1 spakers now and add 4 height speakers later..

Hi,

Thanks for your inputs. I did think about going for 5.1.2 system but unfortunately I don't have a false ceiling in my house. So can't get the overhead speakers installed. I think Pioneer LX + decent 5.1 speakers will push my budget way above 1L.

They are bunch of dealers in bengalore ,
DNI home theater
Tasmai automation
Cinebells
...and more.

Few other brands to check,
Monitor audio
kilpsch
Dali
Kef
..etc
Audition speakers with them , they also deal with AV receivers. Go ahead as your budget permits && and your likings...

Hi,

Yeah, I will check the out too. Thanks :)

I did think about going for 5.1.2 system but unfortunately I don't have a false ceiling in my house. So can't get the overhead speakers installed.

False ceiling is requirement only if you are going in-ceiling speaker.. Otherwise you can mount any small speaker on ceiling with compatible / capable brackets.. But if mounting ceiling speakers is a limitation in living room, then fine..

1400925181765.jpeg

You can also consider mounting the heights speakers high on front wall / side walls if mounting on ceiling isn't possible..

Ok I auditioned RTi series and ProFX quoted me the following prices:

RTiA1 - 4 nos, CSIA6 - 1 no, DSW 440, Denon X1400H - Rs 1,22,000 after discount

TL1600, Denon X1400H - Rs 78,000 after discount

Do these prices look ok? Also, now I am even more confused. I liked the RTiA1s better than TL1600 but not worth spending over 40k extra in my viewpoint. But as folks have pointed out in this thread, I will quickly get tired of the TL1600s. Also, it my sound different than the demo room in my house.

Should I try to make this combination work: RTiA1 - 2nos + Polk S10 - 2nos + CSIA6 + DSW 440 ? Will it sound good? It will bring me to a reasonable amount of Rs 1,10,000.

Hi.

Yes, try to get the cost down to 110K.
That would be good price for a combo like this.

A CSiA4 is sufficient. CSiA6 not required.
That should reduce the price 8-10k.

In my view for the surrounds, RTiA1 is over kill.
See if they can give you the FXiA4, or as you suggested, the Polk S10 (that should reduce the price another 5K).

And yes , its worth 30K more than the TL1600.

When 5 years down the road you want to upgrade your AVR, you wont have to think about upgrading your speakers.

You may visit The Home Cinema (E-City) as well. They have Polk, Denon, KEF etc.
They also have Sonodyne, Taga Harmony, SVS, Marantz etc.

Sonodyne and Taga speakers will be available within your budget. SVS speakers will be above your budget, you can consider SVS Subwoofer.

Consider Marantz1609 as well, it is 7.2 AVR and supports Apple Airplay, Bluetooth and various audio streaming options, also work with Alexa (these are not available with Denon 550BT).

You can audition speakers and subwoofers there and decide.

You may call Rupesh (8296500666) before visiting, if you want to know the models available in demo.

Hi.

Yes, try to get the cost down to 110K.
That would be good price for a combo like this.

A CSiA4 is sufficient. CSiA6 not required.
That should reduce the price 8-10k.

In my view for the surrounds, RTiA1 is over kill.
See if they can give you the FXiA4, or as you suggested, the Polk S10 (that should reduce the price another 5K).

And yes , its worth 30K more than the TL1600.

When 5 years down the road you want to upgrade your AVR, you wont have to think about upgrading your speakers.

Hi,

Sorry I made a typo. The quote is for CSiA4 not A6. Ok so I will go with:

RTA1 - 2nos + Polk S10 - 2nos + CSiA4 + DSW 440 + Denon 1400H for Rs 1,10,000 apx. Does this sound like a good deal?

Hi,

Sorry I made a typo. The quote is for CSiA4 not A6. Ok so I will go with:

RTA1 - 2nos + Polk S10 - 2nos + CSiA4 + DSW 440 + Denon 1400H for Rs 1,10,000 apx. Does this sound like a good deal?

You may consider Denon 1600H, the latest model, it provides eARC and height virtualization

There's a 20k difference in both and my tv doesn't have eARC. Not sure about the height virtualization though... what are the advantages?

If you are not planning to upgrade TV to eARC capable in near future, you need not consider eARC.

Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization aims to simulate the overhead sound experience of Atmos through speakers at listener-level - i.e. not overhead. The technology works by applying height cue filters to overhead audio components in a mix before it is dished out to speakers in front of the listener. Dolby says these filters ‘simulate the natural spectral cues imparted by the human ear to sounds arriving from overhead… special care has been taken to equalise the associated filters so that the timbre of the audio remains natural anywhere in the listening environment’. (Source: WhatHiFi)

In my opinion, instead of compromising on a lower level setup, you may consider setting up a good system step by step.
Start with AVR + Front L/R + Subwoofer
Add center, surrounds later.

If you liked RTi series, try to stick to all speakers from RTi series itself. There will be a considerable difference from RTi A3+CSi A6 setup in front (compared to RTi A1 + CSi A4)

If you are not planning to upgrade TV to eARC capable in near future, you need not consider eARC.

Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization aims to simulate the overhead sound experience of Atmos through speakers at listener-level - i.e. not overhead. The technology works by applying height cue filters to overhead audio components in a mix before it is dished out to speakers in front of the listener. Dolby says these filters ‘simulate the natural spectral cues imparted by the human ear to sounds arriving from overhead… special care has been taken to equalise the associated filters so that the timbre of the audio remains natural anywhere in the listening environment’. (Source: WhatHiFi)

In my opinion, instead of compromising on a lower level setup, you may consider setting up a good system step by step.
Start with AVR + Front L/R + Subwoofer
Add center, surrounds later.

If you liked RTi series, try to stick to all speakers from RTi series itself. There will be a considerable difference from RTi A3+CSi A6 setup in front (compared to RTi A1 + CSi A4)
I actually tried A3s and A1s. Didn't find enough difference to justify the price... just deeper bass. Since I anyways going for a sub, I thought it wouldn't be an issue.

Before you pay for the Polks, I wanted to check if you enjoy listening to music and do you expect to listen to music on your new speakers ?
Polks are really good for movie playback, but are not up to scratch for musical playback.

So if your primary use is going to be watching TV/streaming etc then Polks are a good choice.
But if you want to listen to music too, maybe you should try a few more brands before purchase.

Before you pay for the Polks, I wanted to check if you enjoy listening to music and do you expect to listen to music on your new speakers ?
Polks are really good for movie playback, but are not up to scratch for musical playback.

So if your primary use is going to be watching TV/streaming etc then Polks are a good choice.
But if you want to listen to music too, maybe you should try a few more brands before purchase.
Hi,

Thanks for your inputs. However, I am really not into music and only in for casual listening for which my Echo devices are more than enough. I also have bluetooth speakers for the same. So just need the setup for gaming and movies.

I recommend auditioning few brands suggested by forum members before taking a final call.
There are few brands in this price range of your budget. Try to audition with same content so that you will be able to make out the difference.
Possibly you can call and check the dealer whether they have products in that price range and in demo so that you can listen to them.

If you didn't like other brands, you can proceed with Polk+Denon offer you have.

Hi All,

I finally pulled the trigger on Polk + Denon. It got delivered today, waiting for installation
Just one quick question: ProFX gave me Polk S10e instead of S10. I looked at the specs and didn’t see any differences. Is there any?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back