Totally freaked about setting up a Home Theatre

Hi All,

I finally pulled the trigger on Polk + Denon. It got delivered today, waiting for installation
Just one quick question: ProFX gave me Polk S10e instead of S10. I looked at the specs and didn’t see any differences. Is there any?
Congrats.

Can you share the model details of your purchase?

To my knowledge, the signature E series is for the UK market. No spec change except the blacked out center of the woofer.

Enjoy your home theatre and do share some pics.

Congrats.

Can you share the model details of your purchase?

To my knowledge, the signature E series is for the UK market. No spec change except the blacked out center of the woofer.

Enjoy your home theatre and do share some pics.

Sure, it's:

Denon X1400H AVR
Polk RTi A1 - 2nos
Polk S10 - 2nos
Polk DSW PRO 440 WI
Polk CSI A4

Will post the pics post installation. I did have a question about length of Denon AVR power cord. I tried looking up online but didn't get anything. My UPS is quite far away from where I plan to put the AVR. If it's too short, can I change it? Also, is UPS a must or Belkin Spike Guard should be enough?

Also, is UPS a must or Belkin Spike Guard should be enough?
I'm currently wondering the same. I did go through few threads and got the impression that double conversion online UPS is the best. APC has few models which I'm currently looking into. If you're interested, we can approach APC for discounted pricing.

I'm currently wondering the same. I did go through few threads and got the impression that double conversion online UPS is the best. APC has few models which I'm currently looking into. If you're interested, we can approach APC for discounted pricing.

I already have an APC 1KVA online UPS, but it's not double conversion. Also, I have my tv and PS4 connected to it, not sure if it will support the AVR too? Is UPS a must? I see a 2kva one at 32k on APC site: https://apc.estorewale.com/product/srv2kl-in/?psrid=wtbs_5dbc597da9abda3bcdce7c25

Don't want to spend that amount if it can be avoided. I have ordered this for now: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01994DUMW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . Will it do the job?

I already have an APC 1KVA online UPS, but it's not double conversion. Also, I have my tv and PS4 connected to it, not sure if it will support the AVR too? Is UPS a must? I see a 2kva one at 32k on APC site: https://apc.estorewale.com/product/srv2kl-in/?psrid=wtbs_5dbc597da9abda3bcdce7c25
UPS is not a 'must' but is preferred to keep the music going :) Double conversion online UPS will separate the components from mains so that there's zero risk of damage and minimal noise in the system.
Don't want to spend that amount if it can be avoided. I have ordered this for now: https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01994DUMW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . Will it do the job?
So you have two UPSs now?

Build a 3.0 first, then add rears and then add a sub last step if required. Marantz is a good choice and Pioneer. Floor standers should be preferred. Don't worry about room size. None of us are professional studio guys. It's okay. It'll still sound amazing. If any problem u can ask for acoustics troubleshooting here again

How are you liking the sound ?

The RTi A1s require some run in.
Trying keeping some music playing at mid volume all day for a few days.

How are you liking the sound ?

The RTi A1s require some run in.
Trying keeping some music playing at mid volume all day for a few days.

I have actually started another thread around this. Manual setup was mindblowing and I was loving it. However, in certain sections, sound was getting too loud. Then I tried Audyseey and now that issue is gone but it sounds bad now. Almost like TV speakers. Dynamics are compressed.

DNI might have Dali, Dynox for Elac, prosonics for NHT.. not sure about Wharfedale

@dhruvky94, I have pair of Dali LCRs FOR SALE just a year old, in 10/10 condition, hardly used, which can be wall mounted as well, if interested can pm me
Thanks !

Hi all,

I am looking into setting up a home theatre system for my living room, but don’t know where to start. I am from Bangalore and did go to ProFX where I was shown Denon x1600h + Polk TL1600 for 93k. Does this sound like a good offer? Are Polk TL1600 speakers good? If not, what are my options?

My living room is apx 110 sqft. I have an LG C7 TV with MiBox, PS4 Pro, Gaming PC. Looking for a good 5.1 setup (Budget around 1L).

Thanks!

If you have Indiqaudio showroom close by then can you visit them and audition their products? They only have experience centers in Bangalore and Hyderabad. Its a made in india brand and I wanted to check their speaker and woofer quality but I can't as I am from Maharashtra.

If you have Indiqaudio showroom close by then can you visit them and audition their products? They only have experience centers in Bangalore and Hyderabad. Its a made in india brand and I wanted to check their speaker and woofer quality but I can't as I am from Maharashtra.
They r only located in blore and not Hyd,i checked with them.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back