Tower speaker around 1 lakh

Deblin

Hello all group members,
I recently joined this forum and am looking forward to buy my first audio system. Initially I am planning to invest around 1 lakh for a set of floor standing speakers. I am also planning to power them with Denon AvrX3500.
My listening room dimension is 12*12. However it is completely open to my dining room with dimension 12*20 and kitchen 8*10.
I have auditioned klipsch Rp5000f in this price range. I liked the sound however I feel the difference between US dollar and INR price is way too much for klipsch.
Do you guys think there is better value for money proposition in this price range. If yes, where can I audition them in Kolkata.
Additionally my listening will be 50:50 (music and ht).
Also will a bookshelf with a sub combo (together 1 lakh) will be a better option than a floor stander.

Thank you so very much for your time

Hi Deblin.. Welcome to the forum!

The US price difference to India is in many components and that is something we have to live with, if we like a particular product very much.

Coming to other recommendations, though I have Bookshelf speakers only, I still recommend Floor standers for any one who has the space. The main challenge I have seen is that we tend to get a couple of sizes larger than what we might need. You can only make the right decision once you have then in the space where you intend to place them.

I have good luck with Q acoustics and they are not super expensive and deliver lot of bang for buck. Here is an example

People who are in this hobby also try to experiment with gear rotation. For some it is every few years and for some it is even shorter span. I am not sure your intentions on that and that becomes also a deciding factor. If you are in that boat, then a book shelf speaker is relatively easy to rotate.

Also, look in the For Sale items section as there are good deals over there time to time.

You can try sonodyne floor standers , Avant series are good. Should be costing within 1 lakh for pair. They have manufacturing unit in kolkatta.

So you may get additional discount :)

I am also planning to power them with Denon AvrX3500.

If you have already bought the Denon x 3500, it is a very good AVR with great features..

I liked the sound however I feel the difference between US dollar and INR price is way too much for klipsch.

It is..

Do you guys think there is better value for money proposition in this price range. If yes, where can I audition them in Kolkata.

Sealed subs are said to be good for music.. See if you can accomodate dual subs in your room.. Mission MS series are sealed subs and you can get two of them MS-400 (35K each) inside your budget, and a pair of BS.. This will match your needs for music / movies as well..

Thank you so much for your replies.
Sonodyne crossed my mind but I didn't find much reviews about avant new series.
How are they? Are they good at their price point? I intend to audition them but staying in jamshedpur it is difficult for me to audition a lot of speakers.
If any of you guys have listened to them is it comparable to similarly priced international brands in India?
If not, I am now more inclined towards q acoustic 3050i and later I will probably pair with svs pb 1000 or sb1000.

There are some of the great speakers available within mentioned budget and need to consider seriously for Denon AVR -x3500h. Few listed below and we'll regarded on performance scale.
1. KEF Q750/950
2. Monitor Audio Bronze 6
3. Paradigm Monitor 9/11
4. SVS Prime tower
5. Elac F5/6.2
6. Dali Zenser 7
7. Emotiva T1/T2
Availability, audition are few major factors associated with speakers. Recently KLH has introduced a new line of speakers in What -hifi show, Mumbai. You may consider that also. Paradigm has introduced SE and Premier series. Dali has come up with few new series of speakers. Market is flooded with quality speakers, you need to choose wisely for longer satisfying period

There are some of the great speakers available within mentioned budget and need to consider seriously for Denon AVR -x3500h. Few listed below and we'll regarded on performance scale.
1. KEF Q750/950
3. Paradigm Monitor 9/11
4. SVS Prime tower
5. Elac F5/6.2
6. Dali Zenser 7
7. Emotiva T1/T2
Add Polk RTi A9 to the list.

I will definately check on those suggestions.
However some of the speakers are quite large. Will they be OK for my room size(My listening room dimension is 12*12. However it is completely open to my dining room with dimension 12*20 and kitchen 8*10.).

Any feedback on sonodyne avant series compared to those suggested above.

Thanks a lot.

How are they? Are they good at their price point? I intend to audition them but staying in jamshedpur it is difficult for me to audition a lot of speakers.
If any of you guys have listened to them is it comparable to similarly priced international brands in India?
If not, I am now more inclined towards q acoustic 3050i and later I will probably pair with svs pb 1000 or sb1000.
+1 for 3050i

Sonodyne is great sounding speaker for the money... unfortunately they are not marketed well ... Look at the specs of these speakers ... the other imported speakers with the same spec will be priced double of these speakers.

I have auditioned both Sonodyne (made in india) , Sonus faber speaker(made in Italy) with the same dealer .... Surprisingly sonodyne was nearly close to the performance of sonus faber ..and the price is very less. Only diff is Sous faber have some high sweet sounding tweeters ..only notable with certain audio notes. but the price of sonus faber is triple times more than sonodyne.

I am owning Sonodyne sonus series floor standers ... they are performing well & i am satisfied. Initially i thought of avant series speaker .due to small room size i have chosen their sonus series.

Since you are in kolkatta , Try to audioion sonodyne speakers & decide ...you will not be dissatisfied.

Sonodyne is great sounding speaker for the money... unfortunately they are not marketed well ... Look at the specs of these speakers ... the other imported speakers with the same spec will be priced double of these speakers.

I have auditioned both Sonodyne (made in india) , Sonus faber speaker(made in Italy) with the same dealer .... Surprisingly sonodyne was nearly close to the performance of sonus faber ..and the price is very less. Only diff is Sous faber have some high sweet sounding tweeters ..only notable with certain audio notes. but the price of sonus faber is triple times more than sonodyne.

I am owning Sonodyne sonus series floor standers ... they are performing well & i am satisfied. Initially i thought of avant series speaker .due to small room size i have chosen their sonus series.

Since you are in kolkatta , Try to audioion sonodyne speakers & decide ...you will not be dissatisfied.

Thanks edjamesx,
I will definately try to audition sonodyne and post my feedback here.
I am seriously contemplating sonodyne now. :)

I will definately try to audition sonodyne and post my feedback here.
I am seriously contemplating sonodyne now. :)

Very rare to see a member seriously considering Sonodyne products, feels refreshing amidst brand obsession.. I have used Sonodyne products, older sonus series & Avant series.. My brother still uses Avant and pretty happy with it, so have i been with Sonus range.. The older Avant series LCR250, were made of Aluminum and i love the build quality..

The newer Avant series should also be great choice, especially the 3-way center channel speakers.. They don't have BS in Avant range..

Very rare to see a member seriously considering Sonodyne products, feels refreshing amidst brand obsession.. I have used Sonodyne products, older sonus series & Avant series.. My brother still uses Avant and pretty happy with it, so have i been with Sonus range.. The older Avant series LCR250, were made of Aluminum and i love the build quality..

The newer Avant series should also be great choice, especially the 3-way center channel speakers.. They don't have BS in Avant range..

Actually in my native home my father has sonodyne gini home theatre system. So I was very much aware about the brand. Also in Kolkata, in one of the major malls ( south City) sonodyne had a showroom just beside Bose. They shut it down though a few years back

1. KEF Q750/950
3. Paradigm Monitor 9/11
4. SVS Prime tower
5. Elac F5/6.2
6. Dali Zenser 7
7. Emotiva T1/T2
Availability, audition are few major factors associated with speakers. Recently KLH has introduced a new line of speakers in What -hifi show, Mumbai. You may consider that also. Paradigm has introduced SE and Premier series. Dali has come up with few new series of speakers. Market is flooded with quality speakers, you need to choose wisely for longer satisfying period

Add the Fyne Audio F501 to this list.

Then again, what are your preferences in music? What kind of sound do you like? Detailed, bass heavy, bright, warm, neutral or all possible definitions.

Then again, what are your preferences in music? What kind of sound do you like? Detailed, bass heavy, bright, warm, neutral or all possible definitions.
Well, this is really my first venture onto this kind of audio equipment. I don't know whether I am qualified enough to distinguish between such subtle qualities.
But I know for sure that I like some punch and bass in my music along with clarity.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back