Tower speakers for Nuprime ida-16 amplifier

ar.saurav

Hi guys!
I recently upgraded my amplifier to a Nuprime ida-16 from a NAD 356bee.

The speakers I have been using are wharfedele diamond 9.5s. As my new amplifier does not have any tone controls I feel that the bass response is very poor at low volumes. I am hoping that upgrading my speakers will fix this issue.
What I am looking for is a pair of floor standers without the need for a separate subwoofer. The music I listen to is mostly rock. I want to feel the thump of the drum beat on my chest every time I listen to ‘ in the air tonight’ .
My room is about 13 feet in width and 18 feet in length.
The speakers I am considering ( and in my budget) are tannoy xt6f, fyne audio 501, focal chorus 716, q acoustics concept 40, dali Opticon 6, I always have an option of a demo piece of golden ears triton 3. ( I don’t have an option to audition all of them)

I hope you guys can help me decide.

Hi guys!
I recently upgraded my amplifier to a Nuprime ida-16 from a NAD 356bee.

The speakers I have been using are wharfedele diamond 9.5s. As my new amplifier does not have any tone controls I feel that the bass response is very poor at low volumes. I am hoping that upgrading my speakers will fix this issue.
What I am looking for is a pair of floor standers without the need for a separate subwoofer. The music I listen to is mostly rock. I want to feel the thump of the drum beat on my chest every time I listen to ‘ in the air tonight’ .
My room is about 13 feet in width and 18 feet in length.
The speakers I am considering ( and in my budget) are tannoy xt6f, fyne audio 501, focal chorus 716, q acoustics concept 40, dali Opticon 6, I always have an option of a demo piece of golden ears triton 3. ( I don’t have an option to audition all of them)

I hope you guys can help me decide.
Have heard all the speakers except the Q Acoustics and Golden Ear.

XT6F and Fyne 501 is not going to cut it in the bass region especially for rock. The 356 and Polk RTI a7 which I had before, were very good for rock and especially for bass.

Do check out the newer Polk Signature Series. Heard them with the 356 and was very close to getting them before I picked up the XT8F.

Polk S60 look good, sounds good, down firing port, less placement issues and cheaper too.

For the amp you got, I would also look into Emotiva T2, NHT C4. Just my 2 cents.

Cheers.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back