TS HD - Star Sports HD added just now (replacing Max HD)

Its coming.. However its strange the Star Sports HD banner screen is in 4:3 aspect ratio :) Doesn't matter though as I believe matches will be in 16:9 HD...

They should start 24X7 ...

Introduction of Starsports HD confirms the bad news that is TataSky

This confirms that TataSky is full of capacity and has no more room to operate.

The only way TataSky can now survive is to become niche player - by scrapping dud channels and becoming a premium HD player. But, Is there a business model on that, no one is sure.

Like I had said many times before, I don't know when TataSky will bite the bullet and replace obsolete no-use MPEG-2 boxes with recent ones. With 10% churn per annum, they should have hardly 300,000 or 400,000 operating and live boxes now and that is not a big deal.

But, that will release them HUGE transponder space.

Introduction of Starsports HD confirms the bad news that is TataSky

This confirms that TataSky is full of capacity and has no more room to operate.

The only way TataSky can now survive is to become niche player - by scrapping dud channels and becoming a premium HD player. But, Is there a business model on that, no one is sure.

Like I had said many times before, I don't know when TataSky will bite the bullet and replace obsolete no-use MPEG-2 boxes with recent ones. With 10% churn per annum, they should have hardly 300,000 or 400,000 operating and live boxes now and that is not a big deal.

But, that will release them HUGE transponder space.

ABSOLUTELY YES... That is what I have also been talking about.. STBs currently cost mere few hundred rupees (despite some of us claiming otherwise). Replacing STBs will cost them just about 1 or 2 months of revenue through subscribtion, however will save them TP space which may cost more...

Folks u shud have a look at this:

Sources say Tata Sky, the DTH venture from Tata Sons and Star TV, is talking to foreign satellite operator Intelsat, as the operational life of its current satellite INSAT 4A has reduced by several months due to recent technical glitches. Also, Tata Sky wants to increase its capacity in order to offer more channels to its seven million subscribers.

DTH cos prefer foreign satellites to INSAT series

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back