Tube amplifier makers in India

mahiruha

Hello guys,
I have started my research on tube amplifiers. Till now I have found two companies like lyrita audio and Cadence audio who manufactures tube amplifiers in india. Is anybody aware of any other companies who are into similar business. A link to their website will be helpful.
Thanks,
Mahiruha.

There is also a company called Starc in Bangalore. Came across their website when looking for the same thing. Starc audio Electronics-High end audio . Havent heard or seen any of their products so cant say how they are

I think Audire also makes some tube amps. Their website is down and I didnt get any response to an email I sent so I cant say for sure. http://www.audire.in/

hehe yes.....guitar amps follow some different principles

but i am still not seeing anyone seling anything for anything close to the price of the miniwatt.....except for suprateep's mystery manufacturer.....dude.....any idea if his pricing will be comparable?

Beware! Guitar amps need distortion, folks who work on guitar amps are never perspire to minimize it.

Cheers

hehe yes.....guitar amps follow some different principles

but i am still not seeing anyone seling anything for anything close to the price of the miniwatt.....except for suprateep's mystery manufacturer.....dude.....any idea if his pricing will be comparable?

well I was told that the prices would be very competitive and would fight it out in the budget segment in which denon 500, nad 315 etc play in - so i assume somewhere around 15-20k can be the pricing.

well I was told that the prices would be very competitive and would fight it out in the budget segment in which denon 500, nad 315 etc play in - so i assume somewhere around 15-20k can be the pricing.

Isn't that close to the Lyrita pre?

Regards

Hello guys,
thanks for the inputs. I have started doing some serious reading on tube amplifier buying guide. I am happy to say atleast I know there are two basic types SET and P&P and I am still trying to understand what are the advantages and disadvantages. If everything remains the same and only the tube is changed the sound signature changes dramatically. So there creeps in more space for subjective preference. Actually for last one month I have been listening to vinyls. To be honest I am just mesmerized by the quality of sound reproduced specially for golden oldies like Hemanta Mukherji, Sandhya Mukherji, Kanika Bandyopadhya and lots of other artists whose CD recordings are not that good.Hence I want to build a good analogue setup to play vinyls. To achieve that I am exploring the path of tube amplfiers. I am looking at indian makes since they are easily available and provide more custom made product to suit the taste.
Thnaks,
Mahiruha.

Where is StevieBoy? He is a Vinyl + Tube guy. He can advice you on tube rolling and stuff.

Regards

thanks for the vote of confidence guys :)

mahiruha has been in touch via pm and given him my opinion on the phonostage i think he's almost decided to go for it. once he gets it and runs it for a while would be better then to think about tube rolling once he knows what tube does what. he'd also have to spend bout 5-6k to get a good pair of tubes from abroad so that might delay the rolling a bit :)

regards

... And in the meantime, tube owners can enjoy the satisfaction of rolling joints instead .... while they lean back basking in the warm glow of tube sound ... puff! :licklips:

Pardon me ... couldn't help being a devils advocate here ... :)

Cheers

Hey guys-
When I see tube amps it seems that there are few componants
So DIy possible with initial experemental costs low? Like 5 K RS?
Or am I daydreaming as it is workday ,rain is pouring ,perfect day for a drink and only thing we get is tea and cofee??:licklips::licklips::licklips::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

I had one more doubt. I've heard about the killer amounts of voltage within the tube amps, and how if you open it, even after it's switched off and unplugged, you can get a lethal jolt. I have a couple of questions:

a) is there any danger of being exposed to this without opening up the amp? could someone while fiddling with the amp itself get a shock?

b) are there are specific safeguards you need to take while using a tube amp to ensure that no one is exposed this danger?

Thanks Psycotropic
Yeh I read about that
And so in home with kids you need to make TUBE amp completly inacessiable!

I had one more doubt. I've heard about the killer amounts of voltage within the tube amps, and how if you open it, even after it's switched off and unplugged, you can get a lethal jolt. I have a couple of questions:

a) is there any danger of being exposed to this without opening up the amp? could someone while fiddling with the amp itself get a shock?

b) are there are specific safeguards you need to take while using a tube amp to ensure that no one is exposed this danger?
You forgot one more point - valves run pretty hot.

not really psychotropic. capacitors retain charge and you need to let them bleed before opening up and fiddling around. i have changed a cap on my el84 amp under viren's guidance ie let the amp sit for some hours and then open it. it does not pose a shock threat without opening so its safe. you can make a cage for the tube section while in play if you have kids at home. a sort of a mesh plate that will allow air cooling at the same time.

regards

This is not to hijack this thread... but was wondering would anyone be interested in mutual tube rolling :D

I have NOS and some chinese pre amp tubes (12AU7) ; anyone wants to experiment with my tubes are welcome provided they allow me to listen to their tubes

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back