Turntable with usb

anumohan

Hi

I am looking for Turntable with USB interface which will help in transferring the lps to mp3 format. These turntables are available overseas from denon / philips, sony plus a host of other manufacturers. I am looking for dealers in india preferably in Chennai / mumbai to buy one. Please help!

Thanks!

Hi,

Pro-ject's Debut III turntable has a USB option. I think Nova Audio (NOVA AUDIO PVT. LTD.) is the importer. Your closest dealer would be in Cochin:

HI-FI LINK
44/1606 Karuna Building
Opp. Nials Kaloor,
Cochin-17

Contact
Tel. : 91- 0484 2530424
Mobile : 9447096447 / 9447163447

Not aware of any other turntable with USB.

Dear Particleman

Many thanks for your prompt response! Since it is around 11 pm i will call on the numbers tomorrow and let you know the result! Thanks a lot for your efforts!

Dear Square wave

Admittedly the quality of mp3 wouldnt come near the LP, but i want to preserve them on the minidisc / computer formats so that they are portable and available while travelling! Even today my LPs of Pink floyd bought during late 70's and eighties sound far better than the cd versions, but sigh, difficult to get stylus, maintain them static free!

I would recommend that you capture them as WAV and then convert it to WMA lossless, Apple lossless, flac etc.

I once connected my turntable directly to the computer (no USB) and captured some rare LPS for backup. The quality was not like LP, but better than many CDs.

If you really need a USB connection then you can consider Pro-ject's Debut III USB, as suggested by particleman. If you already own a good turntable, just buy the NAD phono preamp with USB.

Thanks,
Sharad

I would recommend that you capture them as WAV and then convert it to WMA lossless, Apple lossless, flac etc.

Thanks,
Sharad

If you really want to have a portable library, I would second Sharad's option to create the music in one of the many lossless formats. MP3s are very crappy soundwise even at 320Kbps sampling rate...and most players downconvert internally to 128 or 192 Kbps even if you drop in a higher sampling rate source so it sounds pretty shitty anyways.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back