Turntables, Phono Stages and Cartridge Owners Roll Call

Hi
I'm new to the forum but not new to vinyls.
My present rig is...
Table - Denon DP400
Cart - AudioTechnica AT540ML
Phono - Musical Fidelity LP2Lx

Music -
Classic Rock & Blues
Jazz
Classical

Hi all, Have a decent mid level set up
TT - Transrotor Zet 1
Tone arm - SME 309
Cartridge - Koetsu Rosewood signature Platinum
Phono Stage- Transrotor 8,2 MC reference phono

Listen to jazz mainly and 70's & 80's rock . Some times give into death & thrash metal lol !
cheers

Elec Miracord 770 III with Philips Gp400 cart,
7yRmYVw.jpg

Lenco L75 with Audio Technica AT15 Ea and DIY Schroeder Reference tonearm
gs9QPpA.jpg

Lenco L75 in a new plinth
FSHoRB1.jpg

Technics SP12
XhnXkad.jpg

Phonostage
DIY CNC MM Phonostage https://www.audiokarma.org/forums/i...igh-end-phono-stage-no-expense-spared.371889/
vu5h5Hx.jpg

J1EvMya.jpg

a7pUghe.jpg

Regards
Sachin

Bravo, Sachu888! That is quite a collection. Lenco new plinth looks very nice...please post complete picture. When are you mounting SP12? Post that also.

My set up is
Garrard 301
SMEV 9" tonearm with its original wiring
AT-ART 9 Cartridge (currently stylus broken when I tried to mount the stylus guard, and forgot that it should not be front mounted but pressed up from the underside)
DIY Hynotoad Phonostage made by Joshua
For both tonearm to Phono and Phono to Amp, the IC is the same, and is Belden 8402 with switchcraft gold connectors.
Waiting for international freeze to end so that a cartridge can be imported.

Current Turn Tables
Garrard 401 ( SME 3009 S2 Improved with Shure V15 Type III, EAR 834 P Clone)and SL 1200 MK3 ( Technics Tone Arm, Denon DL 110 )

In Storage ( old photos taken on Mobile with low clarity)
Lenco L75/S and SL 3200

Other Cartridges : Ortofone OM 30, Shure M44 -7, DL -103
Phono Stages ( in Storage) : Hypnotoad AD797 MC phonostage, CNC MM Phono

I have ortofon stylus 10 sealed fits SUPER OM/OM/OMB/concord
wrong one sent to me, willing to sell at cost price $40/-
Pls check your cartridge, regarding the stylus
Rgds
But I have changed my system long ago. Right now I own a Technics SL1210 with nagaoka 110 cart

Technics SL 1500 turntable with Nagaoka MP 110 cartridge (don't have photo of this at the moment).

Here's my new setup which I recently purchased: Denon DP-55L with Technics EPC 270C (also have another Nagaoka MP 110). I'm using the phono preamp of my Sansui AU-666. I have very limited experience with phono preamps, but this is easily the best phono preamp I've had yet.

IMG_20200526_153420_resized_20200613_110142483.jpg

IMG_20200509_184504_resized_20200613_104508548.jpg

Technics SL 1500 turntable with Nagaoka MP 110 cartridge (don't have photo of this at the moment).

Here's my new setup which I recently purchased: Denon DP-55L with Technics EPC 270C (also have another Nagaoka MP 110). I'm using the phono preamp of my Sansui AU-666. I have very limited experience with phono preamps, but this is easily the best phono preamp I've had yet.

View attachment 46346

View attachment 46347
Congratulations on the new set up. The Dp55L looks great. I wish you had put up a photo of the buttons lit up. great acquisitions both. Enjoy

I wanted to test the SP12, It was in a box in non working condition for more than 5 years. I recapped it and replaced the faulty transistor. I have a jelco SA50 tonearm, gifted by a dear friend.I rewired it with cheap Philips earphone wires. I didn't have the cartridge mounting hardware , so I tied it with headshell using cable tie, no alignment done. Tonearm is mounted on EPE polythene foam and supported by books. I really liked the sound and tt is holding proper speed.
QW6gOx1.jpg

Here is a small video. Kindly excuse me for bad recording

Regards
Sachin

I wanted to test the SP12, It was in a box in non working condition for more than 5 years. I recapped it and replaced the faulty transistor. I have a jelco SA50 tonearm, gifted by a dear friend.I rewired it with cheap Philips earphone wires. I didn't have the cartridge mounting hardware , so I tied it with headshell using cable tie, no alignment done. Tonearm is mounted on EPE polythene foam and supported by books. I really liked the sound and tt is holding proper speed.
QW6gOx1.jpg

Here is a small video. Kindly excuse me for bad recording

Regards
Sachin

The SP12 is a very under-rated deck, great deck on getting it back into action. Sounds great. Well done!!

Current Turn Tables
Garrard 401 ( SME 3009 S2 Improved with Shure V15 Type III, EAR 834 P Clone)and SL 1200 MK3 ( Technics Tone Arm, Denon DL 110 )

In Storage ( old photos taken on Mobile with low clarity)
Lenco L75/S and SL 3200

Other Cartridges : Ortofone OM 30, Shure M44 -7, DL -103
Phono Stages ( in Storage) : Hypnotoad AD797 MC phonostage, CNC MM Phono

curious about how you split your listening between the 401 and 1210? also curious about the logic of having both these models co-exist :)

curious about how you split your listening between the 401 and 1210? also curious about the logic of having both these models co-exist :)

All easy listenings on SL1200. Classical( Hindustani and a limited dose of western),Jazz etc. on 401.
I first acquired SL1200 . I like Technics for its ruggedness and simplicity.
Garrard was parked as a future project. Then I got a 401 in very good condition through a friend. As it happened unplanned, never really thought about getting rid of SL 1200. May be in the future :)

in my case, I mostly use my Garrards, but the speed accuracy of the 1210mk2 is very important for classical music, instrumental music and for digitization (when required). Also I use the Technics turntables for older records as they play better on these.

I’m a die hard Technics 1200 fan. Simply love these decks. These days I simply enjoy the music and a deaf ear to upgrades etc. Having owned the 401 which is a beauty and had to let go due to some xyz reasons, maybe in the future one again maybe.

PS: Loved your setup.

All easy listenings on SL1200. Classical( Hindustani and a limited dose of western),Jazz etc. on 401.
I first acquired SL1200 . I like Technics for its ruggedness and simplicity.
Garrard was parked as a future project. Then I got a 401 in very good condition through a friend. As it happened unplanned, never really thought about getting rid of SL 1200. May be in the future :)

Hi
I cant afford hifi Turntables and I believe this is for audiophile equipments. But I want to join in as I love Vinyls. This would be good thread for sharing information and thoughts

I listen to vinyls on Pioneer KH-5522 Deck
other than this all stuff is previously owned and came with vinyls I bought from individuals
(1) Turntables
Technics SL-2000 with elliptical diamond stylus, Technics Linear Tracking SL-5, Sansui FR-D35
FOR 78s : Vintage philips with buit in amp (78s sound sweet on it with no tracking control, no counterweight, no damping of vibrations etc)
(2) (3) No Phonoamp / Cables required as these are no audiophile equipments
(4) Cartridges
Lots of Ceramic cartridges, 4 to 5 Shure Cartridges, few EEI Cartridges
(5) The Pioneer has built in springs below plinth, felt rubber feet, Tracking adjustment, counterweight etc.

In future If I can afford my choice would be Thorens TD190 as it is a three speed turntable with built in preamp and design+looks are fantastic (I am a Graphic Designer by profession so looks are important)

Thanks for starting this thread Shaizada. Cant wait to see other join in specially audiophile equipments.
Regards
Hiten
Dear Hiten

The EEI Cartridges are for HMV player's, and is it stereo...?

Ashim

Last edited by a moderator:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back