TV from the US

crisscross

Hi my cousin wants to gift his father a flat screen TV, he lives in the US and is planning to come here in December, he wanted to know if it's a good idea to bring it from there or buy something here. What do you guys suggest? i understand there is an NTSC - PAL issue but I also found NTSC- PAL converters. would something like that work?

Would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks guys

We discussed this many times in the forum, its not worth it:

1. Power difference and problems with that
2. Warranty issues
3. Headache of ensuring the TV intact while in transport
4. Customs harassment

Better to buy here in India.

Btw: I am assuming you are referring to LCD or Plasma TVs. Until and unless you get at 1/2 the price compared to here, I wont even give it a thought!

It may not be worth even at half the Indian price, look at the thread titled "buying from us"...

Crisscross - btw, you are expected to search the forum (atleast the television section) before starting a new thread.

It may not be worth even at half the Indian price, look at the thread titled "buying from us"...

Crisscross - btw, you are expected to search the forum (atleast the television section) before starting a new thread.

kumar: I did do a search but the reason i posted again was because the other threads talking about the problem with ntsc vs pal but not the reasons why you can't use a ntsc pal converter as a work around.

The other reason given against importing a TV were shipping costs which doesn't apply in this case.

Even if he is checking in as baggage on the airline, he might be charged excess baggage fees because of the abnormal dimensions of the carton. Checkout the airlines site for excess baggage details...

BTW, what size tv is he planning to bring in... the size might make or break this deal...

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back