Tv under 75K

Nagarjun

Hello everyone. I am looking to buy a 4k 55- 65 inch tv for a budget of 75k. I am very confused on what product to buy, I saw the new tcl launch but with such less brightness for qled panel I was very disappointed. I thought the older OnePlus tv has better specs for the price. Would like to know your opinion for my requirements. Is the OnePlus tv good?
I don't use cable, just OTT apps. I would like to have a 10 bit panel with good HDR support, also my room is generally dimly lit. I am also waiting for the realme qled model to launch and the hisense series as well. Also wanted to know if 75k is a good budget or should I just buy the vu premium tvs for a lesser price?. Is qled really worth it for 75k?
I will be making my purchase in a month or two.

Hello everyone. I am looking to buy a 4k 55- 65 inch tv for a budget of 75k. I am very confused on what product to buy, I saw the new tcl launch but with such less brightness for qled panel I was very disappointed. I thought the older OnePlus tv has better specs for the price. Would like to know your opinion for my requirements. Is the OnePlus tv good?
I don't use cable, just OTT apps. I would like to have a 10 bit panel with good HDR support, also my room is generally dimly lit. I am also waiting for the realme qled model to launch and the hisense series as well. Also wanted to know if 75k is a good budget or should I just buy the vu premium tvs for a lesser price?. Is qled really worth it for 75k?

OnePlus TV is quite ordinary. Frame 2020 is the mid-range TV to get if you decent HDR, and FALD sets such as X950H are out of your budget. It'll get you 550+ nits and 8000:1 contrast ratio. Ideally though, you need at least FALD for good HDR. OLEDs are the kings of HDR, because even if their 10% or 25% brightness is lower than good FALD sets, they can present small specular highlight areas, often less than even 1%, with high brightness, higher than FALDs, without sacrificing contrast, which is infinite. Plus, amazing viewing angles. VA panels, which both OnePlus and Samsung use, have poor viewing angles. Wide angle filter is there for only higher-end sets in FALD sets.

Thanks for your reply. Yes I understand that oleds give the best hdr performance. I am looking at something average to decent in terms of HDR. So if they don't offer good HDR is getting a budget tv like VU better than getting a mid range tv like tcl or OnePlus since there's hardly a difference? I looked into the frame, looks great but not too sure about the tizen OS. Also it doesn't have Dolby vision support. Will it make a big difference? Also is waiting for hisense worth it?

I can go for Samsung Q60/Q70, you won't regret at this price point. They offer a balanced performance. OLED doesn't provide the best HDR experience due to a lower brightness level.

Thanks for your reply. Yes I understand that oleds give the best hdr performance. I am looking at something average to decent in terms of HDR. So if they don't offer good HDR is getting a budget tv like VU better than getting a mid range tv like tcl or OnePlus since there's hardly a difference? I looked into the frame, looks great but not too sure about the tizen OS. Also it doesn't have Dolby vision support. Will it make a big difference? Also is waiting for hisense worth it?
I would say wait for Hisense. Even I am confused and in a similar situation. Hisense will be better than Oneplus/TCL/VU with 700 Nits brightness. The only place where it lacks is local dimming (which is still better than the other options.

I can go for Samsung Q60/Q70, you won't regret at this price point. They offer a balanced performance. OLED doesn't provide the best HDR experience due to a lower brightness level.

IMHO this would be misinformation. C9 has higher HDR peak brightness than Q70R and substantially higher than Q60R and Q60T. Please check Rtings before posting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stop with your misinformation. C9 has higher HDR peak brightness than Q70R and substantially higher than Q60R and Q60T. Check Rtings before posting.

Dude, he is looking for a TV within 75K. Is C9 available within that range? I know you are madly in love with OLED. ;-).

Dude, he is looking for a TV within 75K. Is C9 available within that range? I know you are madly in love with OLED. ;-)

No OLED is within 75k, which has been mentioned above already.

In a tech forum, is it fine to misinform people?

Even the dimmest OLEDs in the past 3 years are brighter than Q60. No offenses but your post would spread misinformation.

And BTW, Q70 doesn't cost 75k either. It's better to check facts before posting IMHO.

Did you even read my post carefully? Within 75K range, Q60R is one of the good if not best TV. Q70R may not exactly all within the 75K range. But when people buy products like TV, they tend to adjust their budget. And that's why I did mention about Q70R. It provides good money to value ratio. A true enthusiast does paise the beauty of technology and at the same time, acknowledge the drawback. Blindness is bad. And again, leave FB attitude at home, don't act like you own this forum.

Did you even read my post carefully? Within 75K range, Q60R is one of the good if not best TV. Q70R may not exactly all within the 75K range. But when people buy products like TV, they tend to adjust their budget. And that's why I did mention about Q70R. It provides good money to value ratio. A true enthusiast does paise the beauty of technology and at the same time, acknowledge the drawback.
Man, you really need to learn how to google stuff.

This is what you wrote:

"OLED doesn't provide the best HDR experience due to a lower brightness level."

Yet all OLED TVs in the market have better peak brightness than the one you recommended. Plus, this is directly opposite to opinions of Rtings, Flatpanelshd and Avforums.

You're wrong. Simply because apparently you don't seem to have checked measurements by any of the serious TV tech review sites, and made a claim which is wrong.

Oh btw, talking about OP's budget, FALDs being out of his budget has already been discussed, so Q70 is out. Q60 is inferior to 2020 Frame that I recommended long ago.

You just proved my point. OLED can never match the HDR experience of a LED Tv due to peak brightness. It's a fact dude. I hope you are aware that Dolby Vission is mastered at 4000 nits. Feel free to enlighten your self. Reading about technology is always fun.

Dude, you recommended Q60 and Q70, and the former has lower brightness than ALL OLEDs and the latter lower than most popular models.

Again, you can deflect the argument whenever you want. Pointless discussing this with you. Clearly you lack basic comprehension.

Anyone who reads Rtings, Flatpanelshd or Avforums can verify that you're so obviously wrong.

You just proved my point. OLED can never match the HDR experience of a LED Tv due to peak brightness. It's a fact dude. I hope you are aware that Dolby Vission is mastered at 4000 nits. Feel free to enlighten your self. Reading about technology is always fun.

And your recommended Q60R model has HDR peak brightness of less than 450 nits. Lol. Q60T barely manages 480 nits.

Dude, he is looking for a TV within 75K. Is C9 available within that range? I know you are madly in love with OLED. ;-)
High peak brightness is not the only criteria for hdr performance. Spectral details are very crucial for hdr 4:4:4 + 10 bit and only Oled is capable of showing soectral highlights and details even at low peak broghtness than Qled and high end led. Only qled tv that has ever come close to oled is Q90 R for showing spectral highlights.

high peak brightness is not the only criteria for hdr performance. Spectral details are very crucial for hdr 4:4:4 + 10 bit and only Oled is capable of showing soectral highlights and details even at low peak broghtness than Qled and high end led. Only qled tv that has ever come close to oled is Q90 R for showing spectral highlights.

Happy to fill in the rest half for you… Lets burst the Brightness Beast…

+ Luminance (nits) is not the same as brightness, especially when comparing standard colour gamut and WCG displays.

+ WCG displays require narrow RGB primaries, resulting in reduced photopic response overlap (lower nit count).

+ Narrow RGB primaries appear brighter due to the H-K effect.

In a nutshell, OLED's better contrast ratio is going to give it a slight edge in terms of HDR when viewed in dark rooms, but HDR on a premium LED TV screen has an edge because it can produce well-saturated colours at extreme brightness levels that OLED can't quite match.

If you are interested to know more about HDR, I highly recommend reading BT 2020 std. I would rather start with the following articles. Happy reading

Beginners: -

https://www.soundandvision.com/content/hdr-explained

https://www.trustedreviews.com/opinion/hdr-tv-high-dynamic-television-explained-2927035

Advanced Level: -

https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/6784055

Thank you for your input guys. I guess OLED definitely wouldn't be possible to purchase for me. I was actually really excited to see the hisense website, but noticed the H8g is only available in 65 inches.I thought I'll get the tcl c715 55 inches. The c815 is ELED so didn't want to consider that. Also OnePlus announced their pricing and looks like there will be a 55 inch variant. So I guess it's just a waiting game now. Hopefully good tvs launch in the next few months.

Happy to fill in the rest half for you… Lets burst the Brightness Beast…

+ Luminance (nits) is not the same as brightness, especially when comparing standard colour gamut and WCG displays.

+ WCG displays require narrow RGB primaries, resulting in reduced photopic response overlap (lower nit count).

+ Narrow RGB primaries appear brighter due to the H-K effect.

In a nutshell, OLED's better contrast ratio is going to give it a slight edge in terms of HDR when viewed in dark rooms, but HDR on a premium LED TV screen has an edge because it can produce well-saturated colours at extreme brightness levels that OLED can't quite match.

If you are interested to know more about HDR, I highly recommend reading BT 2020 std. I would rather start with the following articles. Happy reading

Beginners: -

https://www.soundandvision.com/content/hdr-explained

https://www.trustedreviews.com/opinion/hdr-tv-high-dynamic-television-explained-2927035

Advanced Level: -

https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/6784055
You chastise OLEDs for not being bright enough, but they are all brighter than Q60, which barely manages 440 nits in 2019 and 480 nits in 2020. C9 is a good 100 nits bright than Q70R and Q70T is a downgrade that doesn't even cross 500 nits!

So yeah, OLEDs not bright enough. Look at my recommendation. They are better. Not!

Don't change goal posts now. Maybe an expert article on goalpost changing is what you really need.

Thank you for your input guys. I guess OLED definitely wouldn't be possible to purchase for me. I was actually really excited to see the hisense website, but noticed the H8g is only available in 65 inches.I thought I'll get the tcl c715 55 inches. The c815 is ELED so didn't want to consider that. Also OnePlus announced their pricing and looks like there will be a 55 inch variant. So I guess it's just a waiting game now. Hopefully good tvs launch in the next few months.

Wait till Diwali if you can. The 2020 scenario and new availablity of new options will be clearer then, along with discounts.

"....At least go and check Rtings before shouting your mouth off...."
actually, this line of yours has offended om_2k19 so, maybe there are better ways to disagree with another person without offending them....

There's a difference between disagreeing and calling someone out for misinformation.

Oranges are the best fruit. No, mangoes are! We can disagree there.

Go for Q60/Q70. OLEDs not good for HDR coz not bright enough.

But but but ... OLEDs are way brighter than Q60 and most OLEDs match or surpass Q70 too. So no, this is not a disagreement. These are facts that are easily verifiable. His posts are misleading people which needs to be flagged.

All the tech website in the world or professional caliberators has named C9 is th best tv.

Now some may say those r paid reviews” but the other referenced articles may be the same too.

C8 is selling at 90 k to 92k, make the 75k down payment and rest pit it on emi. Max emi limit is of 24 months

Emi will be less than 1k per month and i think you can manage that.

You will not regret ever.

Moreover your are not a videophile or audiophile that you want to check every minute details about video and audio.

99 percent you watch sdr content or 1080p content, Lg oled upscaling is one point short of sony upscaling but sony oled are very expensive.

Nevertheless, you will not notice any upscaling difference unless u check under microscope.

Lcd/led are phased out tech now

Mini led r expensive at this time

Best qled like q90r expensive than oled

Buying a qled, which is expensive than oled does not make sense

Do not buy lg led or lcd or nanocell, all r crap

Only LG oleds r way to go.

New cx series oleds from lg r round the corner and price of c8 b9 c9 will decrease more if you can hole your purchase till entire july.

Do not buy tcl

Their after sale service is pathetic

Always remeber there are few things that you do not buy everday

Car
Home
Tv
Home theatre
Shoes
Bike

Always buy the quality product when it comes to buying above 6 things.

You are gonna keep them for longer.

@rachitsharma88 - I didn't start any of this, I just put my opinion. I am not a professional calibrator but someone who loves to read about technology. But owning a product doesn't make anyone an expert on that field as well. The forum members have every right to disagree with me and I am completely fine with it. That's how we share our knowledge, don't we? But all the agreement/disagreement should be within the boundary of civilised behaviour. I behave in a civilised way and expect the same from others. BTW, C9 one of the best TVs but it does have its own drawbacks and we should accept it. I don't misbehave with anyone and expects the same from Others.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back