Tvix jukebox - multimediaplayer

spirovious

Hi friends,

Jay Multimedia Inc. - TViX India

I came across this device which can play,store almost any type of AV files.
Have you tried similar before?
This comes with HDMI 1080p output.

chip-Sigma Design SMP8635 ,eager to know how it performs?

Can this be compared with DVDp,Bluerayp & CDp too?

This is truely all in one without transports.
Also play from ext HD via usb.

Pls. share your thoughts & experiences.

Last edited:
Today I calleup one dealer in Cochin. He was quoting 22.5K for model 6500 and 24K for 7000 and offered a discount of 15%. It doesnt come with a harddisk, so the HDD will cost extra.

I am impressed with the reviews of Electron EHP-606. Anybody knows how to procure it in bangalore..?

Spirovious> I had first hand experience of this device at Lakozy, Mumbai. The quality is great too. Also, a lot depends on the actual source and the losses while transferring. But, if you go for a good copier the losses shall be minimised. It is certainly a great device and I bet shall be centre of HT of the future. This particluar one ffrom TVIX supports mkv as well. For stereo listeners it could be connected to a transport viz beresford or DAC magic.
This is certainly on my wish list. But, rt now I am working on a transport> beresford or dacmagic. Most probably I shall go with beresford.

Then again most people prefer HTPC over media players as it saves one majour step of copying from PC to HDD of TVIX.

Sumit

Last edited:
Spirovious> I had first hand experience of this device at Lakozy, Mumbai. The quality is great too. Also, a lot depends on the actual source and the losses while transferring. But, if you go for a good copier the losses shall be minimised. It is certainly a great device and I bet shall be centre of HT of the future. This particluar one ffrom TVIX supports mkv as well. For stereo listeners it could be connected to a transport viz beresford or DAC magic.
This is certainly on my wish list. But, rt now I am working on a transport> beresford or dacmagic. Most probably I shall go with beresford.

Then again most people prefer HTPC over media players as it saves one majour step of copying from PC to HDD of TVIX.

Sumit

Thanks,

I want to know abt 1080 upscaling standard.It comes with single chip & no dedicated video scaler.Secondly ana sound Q?

Can't help you with the 1080p upscaling quality as I watched on a 720p projector which was crystal.

Sumit

Can't help you with the 1080p upscaling quality as I watched on a 720p projector which was crystal.

Sumit

Hi,Sumit
I wld like to know-

1.Can Tvix upscale ext.device(settop box) as it has Video in?
If no then whats the use of only vid in without audio?

2.How to copy DVD/image from copy protected disc?

3.Does it play CD image too?

4.Hanging problem is reported with 6500.Is is notised by you?

I m taking advantage to ask you just bcos dealors dont show proper Demo.
I tried downloading manuals online,but they are in chinies language.

Thanks.

Hi friends,

Jay Multimedia Inc. - TViX India

I came across this device which can play,store almost any type of AV files.
Have you tried similar before?
This comes with HDMI 1080p output.

chip-Sigma Design SMP8635 ,eager to know how it performs?

Can this be compared with DVDp,Bluerayp & CDp too?

This is truely all in one without transports.
Also play from ext HD via usb.

Pls. share your thoughts & experiences.

I own one. The 6500 unit. The 7000 unit has the same motherboard, just different case. It is an excellent unit, plays almost any and all video codecs, containers, and audio files. Sound quality is very good, flac files play excellently. It does play 1080p files, but since my TV plays up to 1080i, I cannot say how it looks, but the 1080p files outputted to 1080i look great. It is expensive for what it is, but it is the best standalone multimedia player so far. It does have heat issues on some units. Video and audio playback quality is only as good as the sources stored on the unit, however I believe that the Oppo players, overall produce better quality video and audio. The Tivx box is one of quality convenience. Western digital also has a player, but the D/A conversion of the audio is poor. It has an optical digital output, diskless - you plug an external USB drive to it. Has a better menu system and is about 1/3 the cost of the TivX. I use my TivX to watch subtitled Japanese shows and movies, which the WD doesn't support the .mkv video file containers soft sub very well.

Hi Satow ,
I will be happy if you answer my questions asked above.1,2,3..

Since I don't have a 1080p set, I can't verify if the unit outputs 1080p via component, but it will out of HDMI according to my co-worker who also has the same unit. He has a 32" Sharp LCD monitor and he says that the 1080p video is excellent. On my TV at home, the 720p and 1080i video is excellent.

The Sigma design SMP8635 is excellent in decoding 1080p material and supports all types of video and audio codecs. If you are going to buy a media player, that is the chipset to get or something more advanced.
Here is a more informative URL:
TVIX M-6500A Rev. 2 Product Details
The implementation of the network is piss poor and too slow. The network chip used supports 1 gbit network, but it doesn't work and the unit only support 10/100 which is too slow to stream 1080p HD material. As a standalone unit, it is great. Networked it really sucks.

I don't own a blu-ray player, but my co-worker says the video quality at 1080p is excellent. Until I get a 1080p TV. I can't honestly say too much about it, but so far I have been really happy and impressed with my TivX. Things I do wish improved is the menu system, it also needs a faster CPU, better cooling, more caching memory.

Last edited:
Since I don't have a 1080p set, I can't verify if the unit outputs 1080p via component, but it will out of HDMI according to my co-worker who also has the same unit. He has a 32" Sharp LCD monitor and he says that the 1080p video is excellent. On my TV at home, the 720p and 1080i video is excellent.

The Sigma design SMP8635 is excellent in decoding 1080p material and supports all types of video and audio codecs. If you are going to buy a media player, that is the chipset to get or something more advanced.
Here is a more informative URL:
TVIX M-6500A Rev. 2 Product Details
The implementation of the network is piss poor and too slow. The network chip used supports 1 gbit network, but it doesn't work and the unit only support 10/100 which is too slow to stream 1080p HD material. As a standalone unit, it is great. Networked it really sucks.

I don't own a blu-ray player, but my co-worker says the video quality at 1080p is excellent. Until I get a 1080p TV. I can't honestly say too much about it, but so far I have been really happy and impressed with my TivX. Things I do wish improved is the menu system, it also needs a faster CPU, better cooling, more caching memory.

Thanks for reply,

one more thing which I asked is can we connect ext device(DVDp/Settop box)
through AV in of Tvix & upscale to 720p/1080i ,output via HDMI?
I have seen AV input at back.can this be possible?

ie.settop >AV in Tvix> upscale 720p> HDMI out(tvix)> LCD

Hi satow,

I don't own a blu-ray player, but my co-worker says the video quality at 1080p is excellent.

Can you throw some more light on how this is used with a blu-ray player. What value would it add?

Thanks,
Sharad

hi friends...am new to this forums and its been really very informative...can someone please let me know on how to download HD movies from the net?? also please thro some light if i could store it on my PS3 and watch it on my TV?? thanks in advance

hi friends...am new to this forums and its been really very informative...can someone please let me know on how to download HD movies from the net?? also please thro some light if i could store it on my PS3 and watch it on my TV?? thanks in advance

Try googling - there are a lot of free HD stuff available on the net provided you have the bandwidth and the patience.

As for pirated stuff and torrents - this is not the forum i presume.

Yes you can store HD stuff on your ps3 technically - but rest assured each blue ray is upwards in the region of 20gb. Thats like 2 movies at max in a ps3 - get a blue ray player or a hard disk media box.

Try googling - there are a lot of free HD stuff available on the net provided you have the bandwidth and the patience.

As for pirated stuff and torrents - this is not the forum i presume.

Yes you can store HD stuff on your ps3 technically - but rest assured each blue ray is upwards in the region of 20gb. Thats like 2 movies at max in a ps3 - get a blue ray player or a hard disk media box.

What i actually wanted to know was...suppose i get a 1TB external drive, put all the HD movies i downloaded from the net into it, connect the hard drive via USB to my ps3, will i be able to watch the movies on my TV?? thanks in advance

What i actually wanted to know was...suppose i get a 1TB external drive, put all the HD movies i downloaded from the net into it, connect the hard drive via USB to my ps3, will i be able to watch the movies on my TV?? thanks in advance

you should by practice - one of my earlier 120gb flash drive works well with the PS3.

Bets thing would be to get hold of a 1 TB 2.5" HDD and fit it inside a ps3 - neat

Viginesh,

Please don't post same query in multiple places. I've already replied in another post, just put in a new HDD in your PS3 like suprateep already mentioned.

Viginesh,

Please don't post same query in multiple places. I've already replied in another post, just put in a new HDD in your PS3 like suprateep already mentioned.

sorry about that.. I own a ps3 all I wanted to know is that can a ps3 be used to view hd rips.. Am a novice and pls help... Tks in advance

sorry about that.. I own a ps3 all I wanted to know is that can a ps3 be used to view hd rips.. Am a novice and pls help... Tks in advance

Yes you can. PS3 handles a lot of formats. Just change the HDD in the PS3 itself instead of connecting an external HDD.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back