Types of Speakers/Enclosures

All this is going to be covered in our DIY speaker workshop next weekend. I will post the outline of each of the 3 presentations by tomorrow.

I trust both of you will attend and find it informative.

good read. Nicely written. Thanks for sharing. Got an idea of the terminologies we normally hear with speakers.

All this is going to be covered in our DIY speaker workshop next weekend. I will post the outline of each of the 3 presentations by tomorrow.

I trust both of you will attend and find it informative.

But of course I'll be there...could use this site to do a bit of homework :)

Hit upon this link while going through a site mentioned in the Stereophile thread. It mentions the different types of enclosures we keep hearing about like Infinite Baffle, Bass Reflex, MLTL etc. Would be informative for n00bs like me...

Speaker Enclosure

:cheers:

Good article, i found 4th order and 6th order Band-pass sub-woofers missing in this article.

I will be demonstrating my ML Straight Transmission Line speakers in the Mumbai HFV meet next weekend.

Cheers,
Hari.

This is just what I was looking for, after the recent thread on horn speakers made me realise how little I know in general.

Thanks!
All this is going to be covered in our DIY speaker workshop next weekend.
Wish it were in Chennai! Even the non-DIYer can benefit from knowing more about the structure of things, and what is involved in their making. Best wishes for the event!

I will be demonstrating my ML Straight Transmission Line speakers in the Mumbai HFV meet next weekend.

Hari, I have heard a lot about you and your TLs. Where in Mumbai is this? Would love some lessons.

All this is going to be covered in our DIY speaker workshop next weekend.

In Bangalore or is this in Mumbai?

Finally an India centric audio forum. Thanks GerogeO.

This is just what I was looking for, after the recent thread on horn speakers made me realise how little I know in general.

Thanks!
Wish it were in Chennai! Even the non-DIYer can benefit from knowing more about the structure of things, and what is involved in their making. Best wishes for the event!

Hi Thad E Ginathom,

You may like to have a decco at this thread. It may not be so elaborate but we propose to invite a technical person of International repute to share some knowledge with the participants.

Rgds

Rajesh

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back