universal remote advise

moh1t

Me and the wife are having hard time juggling three remotes (pioneer receiver, mi q1 75 tv and the shield).

Logitech has discontinued the harmony product line. Does it still make sense to buy harmony? I tried searching on a few forums and OLX can’t find a new or used unit

Are there any legit alternatives to harmony?

I haven't used personally, but heard excellent feedback from one of my friends who uses this, Sonoff IR blaster. You need to use your phone as remote though.

I have used Logitech Harmony and One for all URC-50 extensively and both have their plusses and minuses.

Google doesn’t listen to me half the time and the wife hates my smart home setup. Need a physical remote for us.

found a used harmony 700 for 3k. I’ll try this for the time being.

There are learning remotes available. In amazon also available. You can pair upto 3 remotes to this.
Cost effective also. Below 500/-.
You can control 3 devices from this single remote by switching.
Am using them now and no worry about damaging original remote.

I found this model. Looks useful.

There are learning remotes available. In amazon also available. You can pair upto 3 remotes to this.
Cost effective also. Below 500/-.
You can control 3 devices from this single remote by switching.
Am using them now and no worry about damaging original remote.
Can you share link remote ?

I think all are imported china products and selling with different brand names.
Just search amazon, flipkart or any other online sites.
Universal leaning remote.

I think all are imported china products and selling with different brand names.
Just search amazon, flipkart or any other online sites.
Universal leaning remote.
@john mathew Please share the link of the model you purchased. I am also looking for a similar remote for controlling my TV,DTH ,firestick and AVR.
@moh1t what did you buy?

Last edited:
@john mathew Please share the link of the model you purchased. I am also looking for a similar remote for controlling my TV,DTH ,firestick and AVR.
@moh1t what did you buy?
Learning remotes on Amazon didn't look promising. I ordered a sofa baton from Amazon US for $50 and a used harmony 700 locally here to be used with FLIRC usb.

yet to use any of them yet though

Last edited:
Me and the wife are having hard time juggling three remotes (pioneer receiver, mi q1 75 tv and the shield).

Logitech has discontinued the harmony product line. Does it still make sense to buy harmony? I tried searching on a few forums and OLX can’t find a new or used unit

Are there any legit alternatives to harmony?
Logitech harmony 650 is available

My 2 cents, for all IR based devices, IR blaster is a best solution that can be considered. With that, all IR devices can be managed through Alexa or Google assistant.

One thing to remember, for projector, TV, AVR, Sub, you only turn on off most of the times. Volume control can be a exception. You need scene buttons for powering off or on all these devices. Then most of the operations we do are either in fire stick or shield which uses a Bluetooth. Till now I have not found any best alternative for harmony that supports wide range of products. Another important thing to remember is, anything that is Alexa, google are dependent on internet. I agree with people here that the setup need a physical remote. Or dedicate a old mobile or cheap touch screen android for this as alternative. Im still hanging on to my Harmony until it runs.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back