unlocking a ps3

rise

I bought a PS3 slim from Heera Panna in mumbai. The player is not playing pirated disks, or letting me copy content from my external hard drive onto the PS3 drive. Is it possible to unlock the PS3 to do these things? I have also not been able to download a music cd onto it?

Also wondering what format you recommend for the best audio sound?

Thanks

I bought a PS3 slim from Heera Panna in mumbai. The player is not playing pirated disks, or letting me copy content from my external hard drive onto the PS3 drive. Is it possible to unlock the PS3 to do these things? I have also not been able to download a music cd onto it?

Thanks

1) You can't play disks from different regions. It's region locked.

2) Once your external HDD (FAT32 only, NTFS is not supported) is connected, and you're browsing through it, press the triangle button on the controller. Copy is an option which will show up.

3) Yes -> How to Import Music Using Playstation 3: How to Play Video and Music on Playstation 3 | eHow.com

Hello Rise,a PS3 so far does not have a concept called pirated games or backed up games if you are mentioning the same. Since Blurays are quite expensive,we don't yet have any pirated games in the market. So PS3,be it the new or the old model will not play games like your PS2 would,when we mod it.

Once your external HDD (FAT32 only, NTFS is not supported)
Thats bad news, because the maximum size of a file that can be store on FAT32 is 4GB. So, no HD movies can be copied onto the Internal HDD also as they are all above 4GB. I was planning on adding a 500GB internal HDD into the slim, but will not do it now.

Thats bad news, because the maximum size of a file that can be store on FAT32 is 4GB. So, no HD movies can be copied onto the Internal HDD also as they are all above 4GB. I was planning on adding a 500GB internal HDD into the slim, but will not do it now.

you can still watch HD movies,but you need to have them in chunks of 4 GB less files,My friend still watched HD moves by converting the MKVs into M2TS using MKV2VOB tool.OR the alternative is to use the PS3 media server which is a proven method.

We can use tversity ( TVersity - Home ) to stream / Also Windows media player to stream videos from your laptop or PC...instead of copying into PS3 and play.

you can still watch HD movies,but you need to have them in chunks of 4 GB less files,My friend still watched HD moves by converting the MKVs into M2TS using MKV2VOB tool.OR the alternative is to use the PS3 media server which is a proven method.

good to know!

further to above, you can copy the converted files ( to ps3 format by mkvtovob) small size to big size :licklips: also by tversity to ps3, i have copied single size 7.3 gb also( ripped files of bluray),,

Thanks

How much did you pay ?

Its not officially out yet,so he has bought the so called pirated piece,i believe.
Did you pay something like 18k?

As Ashish had stated earlier there is no limit for internal HD.

The only problem is the **** amount of time to re-encode it using MK2VOB. Try using TSMuxer - It just tries fooling the PS3 and does it faster. Although some MKV's get different results. Here's hope that Sony adds MKV support in the next firmware.

As Ashish had stated earlier there is no limit for internal HD.

The only problem is the **** amount of time to re-encode it using MK2VOB. Try using TSMuxer - It just tries fooling the PS3 and does it faster. Although some MKV's get different results. Here's hope that Sony adds MKV support in the next firmware.

I doubt that the mkv2vob takes you more time for the encoding.I have done it in a matter of 10-20 mins,from full HD MKVs. Not sure what you went through.

I doubt that the mkv2vob takes you more time for the encoding.I have done it in a matter of 10-20 mins,from full HD MKVs. Not sure what you went through.

Hi VJ,

I am also encountering and wasting hell a lot of time for converting thru mkv2vob, could you please tell me your maximum file size converted ( full HD).. Just curious if have to change any settings....

Thanks

I remember converting Sincity MKV which was of 7 Gb approx to M2TS in 2 separate chunks of 4 GB and 3 GB each and it did not have any problem playing in the PS3. Let me also check with my friend who still uses this app for all his movies.He might have some special settings or extra tools.

I remember converting Sincity MKV which was of 7 Gb approx to M2TS in 2 separate chunks of 4 GB and 3 GB each and it did not have any problem playing in the PS3. Let me also check with my friend who still uses this app for all his movies.He might have some special settings or extra tools.

Nice, will wait for any tweak on the MKV tool, as of now, i have encountered splitting will take atleast 7 / 8 hours... recently i ended with 14 hour for ayan 1080P Bluray rip.. Will hope to get out from this on your inputs..
thanks

Yes, it does because it re-encodes the whole video, where as TSMuxer tries to fool the PS3. Although it doesn't happen on all the movies, it happens to certain files. These days I don't bother with all that and just download AVCHD disks directly.

Hi VJ,

I am also encountering and wasting hell a lot of time for converting thru mkv2vob, could you please tell me your maximum file size converted ( full HD).. Just curious if have to change any settings....

Thanks

Have you tried TSMuxer Srini, may be worth a shot.

Also what encoding settings are you using - I mean the Transcoding?

BTW When did Ayan ever release on BD, Sounds interesting.

thanks teky for your suggestion,I will try tsMuxerand also revert on the encoding settings fro Mkv2vob..

Ayan released around 2 weeks back by Ayngaran in Bluray..

Yes, it does because it re-encodes the whole video, where as TSMuxer tries to fool the PS3. Although it doesn't happen on all the movies, it happens to certain files. These days I don't bother with all that and just download AVCHD disks directly.

Have you tried TSMuxer Srini, may be worth a shot.

Also what encoding settings are you using - I mean the Transcoding?

BTW When did Ayan ever release on BD, Sounds interesting.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back