Unrelated Posts

S.P.KRISHNA

Venkat Sir,

Threds are started by members for a specific purpose and guidance and which thread can be referred by other members if they have a similar querry . What I observed was in many threads unrelated topics are rolling in there by increasing number of posts that actually does not relate to the topic. Hence it is requested to advice to all members not to discuss unrelated topics in the threads ,that were raised for specific purpose, there by killing the purpose of it.

Regards

Good point. I am myself guilty of posting banter and trivial humor on many occasions. I think somebody needs to tie my thumb and forefinger together so I can't type even when I am itching to crack a PJ :)

Many apologies if I derailed one of your threads.

Regards

Good point. I am myself guilty of posting banter and trivial humor on many occasions. I think somebody needs to tie my thumb and forefinger together so I can't type even when I am itching to crack a PJ :)

Many apologies if I derailed one of your threads.

Regards

I doubt that would stop you gobble, I am sure you have trained your foot for emergencies...:D :D

I doubt that would stop you gobble, I am sure you have trained your foot for emergencies...:D :D

Now that was a cracking good one :lol:!!

Hey are we meandering into unrelated posts again? ;)

Oops! Sorry again! :D

Cheers

Edit: PS: I must practice tounge-typing with my ipod touch for emergencies .... in case I'm tied up hand to feet one day :)
Imagine the scenario ...
Forum member : "Stop cracking PJs or else ... !"
Gobble (all tied up): "Nnnnnngh! Never! <touch> <touch> <touch> <touch> <slurp!><touch> <touch> <touch> <send>" :D

Last edited:
I agree to what Krishna is saying.

The seriousness of a particular topic is completely lost with the sarcasm and frivolous humour that is posted. Though some of us may have the intelligence to understand and separate the meaningful from the chaff, I wonder if there are many people who end up wondering what is being discussed.

I agree humour is very essential and that we need a large dose every day. So what I suggest is the following. When you come across a new post, particularly of a member you are not very familiar with, and your fingers itch with creativity, start a new thread altogether. In the new thread, just re-quote the relevant parts of the original thread, and let your creativity completely loose there. You can sing, dance, do poetry, be funny, be sarcastic, pull each other's leg - whatever.

The other thread will continue with serious discussions. You can, of course, participate in both, but ensuring that you maintain the tone of the thread.

I don't want to put off new members from joining or walking away. One of the primary objectives of this forum is education on A/V. Some of us have become very good friends, speak to each other on phones, even meet. But, remember we are small community of maybe 100 odd people in a membership of over 3000, and tens of thousand of people who visit as guests.

I request all of the regular participants to adhere to some unwritten rules and customs that will elevate HFV to be one of the best forums in the World. One of that should be that a thread started by a member is owned by that member and we should not do anything to needlessly offend or irritate him.

Cheers

Last edited:
I agree to what Krishna is saying.

The seriousness of a particular topic is completely lost with the sarcasm and frivolous humour that is posted. Though some of us may have the intelligence to understand and separate the meaningful from the chaff, I wonder if there are many people who end up wondering what is being discussed.

I agree humour is very essential and that we need a large dose every day. So what I suggest is the following. When you come across a new post, particularly of a member you are not very familiar with, and your fingers itch with creativity, start a new thread altogether. In the new thread, just re-quote the relevant parts of the original thread, and let you creativity completely loose there. You can sing, dance, do poetry, be funny, be sarcastic, pull each other's leg - whatever.

The other thread will continue with serious discussions. You can, of course, participate in both, but ensuring that you maintain the tone of the thread.

I don't want to put off new members from joining or walking away. One of the primary objectives of this forum is education on A/V. Some of us have become very good friends, speak to each other on phones, even meet. But, remember we are small community of maybe 100 odd people in a membership of over 3000, and tens of thousand of people who visit as guests.

I request all of the regular participants to adhere to some unwritten rules and customs that will elevate HFV to be one of the best forums in the World. One of that should be that a thread started by a member is owned by that member and we should not do anything to needlessly offend or irritate him.

Cheers

I think starting a new thread just to crack frivolous jokes may not work. But yes, I think adding a one liner if one is contributing to the thread in a post should be ok. If one has nothing to contribute, then one should refrain from posting a joke. I will try ... <itch><itch><itch> :) (perhaps somebody needs to donate flea powder :D)

Cheers

I think starting a new thread just to crack frivolous jokes may not work. But yes, I think adding a one liner if one is contributing to the thread in a post should be ok. If one has nothing to contribute, then one should refrain from posting a joke. I will try ... <itch><itch><itch> :) (perhaps somebody needs to donate flea powder :D)

Cheers

Dear Gobble,

I did not suggested this to hurt any body. some threads have been given a 5 Star rating depending the number of posts , I feel . Actually a 5 star rating implies that the thread has Importance . But if one finds many posts are unrelated he gets disappointed.

Regards

^^ I'd say get a life.... chill out.... move along.....:)

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back