Upcoming Indian Vinyl LP Record Releases

i am looking for the new Padosan record but it seems that it is already out of stock in ngh. Can anyone suggests any other source please! Thank you in advance!

Is this Saagar LP pressed in India? In the back cover it is printed as "Manufactured by Sony DADC Manufacturing (I) Pvt. Ltd.
Earlier Sony DADC LP's this text as Marketed & Distributed by Sony DADC and LP imported from DMS Limited.

Libass LP is very strange. On both sides the second song sounds very good but the first song sounds completely different and dull compared to the second.Not sure if they are mastered from the same source. I didn't like Saagar lp. Compared to the original it sounds a lot thinner. I really enjoyed Devdas LP. It is a very good sounding LP.

Hi,
Don't take it otherwise but I felt the recording of Libaas is very shrill, there is no body to the vocal.
Its not good.Its more or like 128 kbps CD like sound.I am listening it again and again with MP110 and AT 440 MLB and shure M97Xe but can not find what Fault it has.
"Kamosh Sa Afsaana"
I find Voice of Smt.Latai Mangeshkar strained.Perfect Mid bass.Lower extension good.
Severely lacks qualityand volume of side rhythm.Sometimes distortion like overloading the flanger guitar.(The sound of guitar you hear at the begining of "Tuzase Naraz Nahi hain" Male ,Masoom).There is sometimes distortion in Sureshjees Voice.These distortions are comparable with the Red Lining during cassette recording.

Friends,

You might aware that Libaas is an unreleased film. It's a HFM tradition that released OSTs for shelved/ unreleased film never sounded good. Lack of initial commercial nurture could be one of the reasons. There is another pattern or trend - Some of Gulzar Pancham combo despite of being cult songs were poorly released in media. Think of Aandhi, Parichay, Khusboo. Even Ijjazat recording is not upto the mark in the first pressing LP. So I had no great expectation but the Libaas LP over performed. Sili Hawa Chu Gaayi is the best quality in this LP.

Spoiler alert - I have a moderate set up.

Jai Pancham,
Sourav

Friends,

You might aware that Libaas is an unreleased film. It's a HFM tradition that released OSTs for shelved/ unreleased film never sounded good. Lack of initial commercial nurture could be one of the reasons. There is another pattern or trend - Some of Gulzar Pancham combo despite of being cult songs were poorly released in media. Think of Aandhi, Parichay, Khusboo. Even Ijjazat recording is not upto the mark in the first pressing LP. So I had no great expectation but the Libaas LP over performed. Sili Hawa Chu Gaayi is the best quality in this LP.

Spoiler alert - I have a moderate set up.

Jai Pancham,
Sourav
Yes Sili Hawa is the best and Kya Bura hain is worst.

Although bringing out LPs for no-so-easily available titles is laudable but what's the point ?

Till now I have not heard a single LP re-release of old OSTs to be even passable( in vinyl context).

All such pressings are done from poor resolution digital masters.

What else one can say ?

Churning out thousands just for having compressed audio on a vinyl is well......pure waste.

Had there been any effort to bring the re-releases from masters or even using the first press LPs as sources the outcome will be interesting and tempting.

Despite having resources why music co. slap such bad recordings on vinyl is above my head.

Sorry for strong views but I've had it all with re-releses.

Although bringing out LPs for no-so-easily available titles is laudable but what's the point ?

Till now I have not heard a single LP re-release of old OSTs to be even passable( in vinyl context).

All such pressings are done from poor resolution digital masters.

What else one can say ?

Churning out thousands just for having compressed audio on a vinyl is well......pure waste.

Had there been any effort to bring the re-releases from masters or even using the first press LPs as sources the outcome will be interesting and tempting.

Despite having resources why music co. slap such bad recordings on vinyl is above my head.

Sorry for strong views but I've had it all with re-releses.

People will get wrong impression about the vinyl format.My old cassette of "Doud" was better than the new released LP of the same.

I’ve Silli Hawa on a CD, the recoding is better.

Attachments

• EE1E1499-E81A-4D6D-B960-97332F4D6F6B.jpeg
    EE1E1499-E81A-4D6D-B960-97332F4D6F6B.jpeg
    363.4 KB · Views: 13
Because they don't care. And 'resources' are a mystery or kept hidden. In 10 years of my vinyl listening I have not read/heard single article where music companies have shown their archives or process or talked about it. (I am talking about vinyls, master tapes etc. or any original material). I dont have any high expectations either.

Archives destroyed
Regards

...best thing to do would be. extract recordings from mint vinyls, and digitally process it to old glory. I have read that 'The West' is already doing 'De'masterning of bad recordings, remaster with new knowledge, digitizing it and preserving it.
I read in diyAydio Ward Marstong (The Master archivist) (click here) restored Enrico Caruso 78 recordings. (Sample)... Now I hear the digital has advanced so much all the mastering phase or such errors can be reworked to give best sound.
Regards.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back